Author Topic: Living in San Antonio  (Read 1310 times)

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
Living in San Antonio
« on: July 06, 2019, 03:09:25 PM »
What are your thoughts on living in San Antonio? Considering moving there. Any insight, thank you

theintern43

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -19
Re: Living in San Antonio
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 04:43:31 AM »
I would highly advise against it, I recommend Fort Worth or Austin instead.

Lived there for two years and was maybe the worst two years of my life.  no scene, everything is spread out, tourist on tourist, years behind every other big city

There was a FourDuos edit back in the day that showcased all the major Texas cities showing clips from Dallas, Houston, El Paso, etc. and when San Antonio came up it was just a shot of the alamo.  that about sums it up

• Rep: 31
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 03:13:21 PM »
Where are you moving from? It's hot and very sprawled-out. Some good ditches for sure.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 06:58:35 PM »

Lived there for two years and was maybe the worst two years of my life.  no scene, everything is spread out, tourist on tourist, years behind every other big city

There was a FourDuos edit back in the day that showcased all the major Texas cities showing clips from Dallas, Houston, El Paso, etc. and when San Antonio came up it was just a shot of the alamo.  that about sums it up

dont listen to this guy, SA is the shit. lots of fourduos were made by SA dudes and frequently featured SA spots. hit me up, i got you
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

theintern43

• Rep: -19
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 06:23:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

dont listen to this guy, SA is the shit. lots of fourduos were made by SA dudes and frequently featured SA spots. hit me up, i got you

maybe in the goodtimes/evolution days...now is there even a shop there? Altavista...compare SA to austin, houston, or fort worth...

fs overkrook

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2019, 02:48:05 PM »
I lived there for a few months and absolutely hated it.

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2019, 08:07:10 PM »
I lived there for a few months and absolutely hated it.

How come?

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2019, 09:16:01 AM »
San Antonio is pretty great.
Tons of stuff to do.
Lots of culture, the city Is full of life. Good skateparks, ditch spots, decent amount of cities like Corpus and Austin pretty close by.
Traffic will be terrible but that’s any big city.
I’m an hour and a half drive south of SA so we go there on little vacations all the time.
I personally would not want to live there because of traffic but coming from corpus, our traffic is not nearly as bad as say, SA, Austin, Houston, El Paso, etc.
I wouldn’t mind living there as long as I wouldn’t have to drive all the way across town every day for work or something.
It’s really hot and humid in south Texas
I have a few friends in SA and the skate scene seems to be great from what I see on Instagram.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 09:20:21 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

OctopusJack

• Rep: 1
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2020, 08:08:12 AM »
Was really disappointing when I lived there. Didn't really like the local skate scene too much and it felt cringy and corny at times. If you're from the east coast and used to pushing from spot to spot in cities expect the complete opposite and be in a car almost the whole day because it's so spread out. Also they always have to use the entire brick of wax on a ledge when it's already 100 degrees outside for 5 straight months which is totally awesome.