Author Topic: Reese Forbes drugs  (Read 9631 times)

flamingoflyout

Reese Forbes drugs
« on: July 08, 2019, 06:57:14 PM »
"Wish you guys would have asked about the recovery of his drug problem he had. One of the reasons he dropped out of the skating game for so long. Good to see him coming back."

Any truth to this? If so, what drugs? Asking for a friend.

huggs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -16
Re: Reese Forbes drugs
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 07:08:18 PM »
he talks a bit about it in his chromeball interview, just like as an extension of the skateboarding lifestyle and partying too much (so maybe coke? opioids?). prolly didn't get into it on nine club because he has a family/has been sober since 2011...

http://chromeballincident.blogspot.com/2014/02/chrome-ball-interview-70-reese-forbes.html

feedmeseymour

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 07:11:05 PM »
you really expect 9club to dive in deep on anything other than how the guest got their first skateboard?

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 07:18:18 PM »
my mother got me a neon valtera too we share muscle relaxers

flamingoflyout

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 07:22:38 PM »
Thanks PALS

Algar

• Rep: 28
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 08:33:28 PM »
you really expect 9club to dive in deep on anything other than how the guest got their first skateboard?

Actually the concern centers around sponsorship as neither Roberts or Kelly has any
idea that people ride skateboards without compensation for any extended period of time.
And that Roger fella just hates being there at this point

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 08:41:48 PM »

Nick Dompierre only episode I seen that  detailed crazy drug stories 

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 09:38:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I kind of understand because fucking fiend stories can be terrible to listen to. Good for him he got his life in shape.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 02:05:51 AM »
Please tell me they at least asked Reese what griptape he rides.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 02:20:39 AM »

My mother is turning more and more into a Xanax mom, and I'm pretty much totally fine with it.
She's way more chill now.

xandeo

• Rep: 6
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2019, 04:23:06 AM »

Haha, this is so true... worst was Bobby Puleo's interview, the guy is so interesting and they spent 10 minutes talking about his old wheels and when he finally changed the wheels he lost one of them in a downhill, and then spent another 5 minutes explaining how he couldn't find the wheel...

It's a shame, nineclub would have so much more potential to have decent discussions instead of pre-scholar topics.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 04:28:26 AM »
Yeah but totally like a joke haha

“Kelly.. grab some shirts”

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 07:57:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah but totally like a joke haha

“Kelly.. grab some shirts”

"this fuckin guy! HA!"
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

slobplant

• Rep: -12
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 08:19:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I kind of understand because fucking fiend stories can be terrible to listen to. Good for him he got his life in shape.
The Grosso one he talks about overdosing and some chick shoving a frozen burrito up his ass.

Crack Whore

• Rep: -16
  • no double on the midnight menu
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2019, 08:30:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
The Grosso one he talks about overdosing and some chick shoving a frozen burrito up his ass.

gnarcan
All you shiteating faggots saying i cant ollie need to shut the fuck up. Of course i can ollie, im just critiquing the brail skateboarding video where the guy says to pop straight up.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2019, 08:34:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

gnarcan

« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 08:37:10 AM by SHIREFLIP »

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2019, 04:46:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

gnarcan
[close]

Simply genius, imagine EMT's opening a specialty freezer in the Ambulance, pull out an ice cold GnarCan by Opiant Pharmaceuticals, pop the can and just dead eye shoving junkie butts. Day in, day out.

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2019, 05:51:59 PM »
"Wish you guys would have asked about the recovery of his drug problem he had. One of the reasons he dropped out of the skating game for so long. Good to see him coming back."

Any truth to this? If so, what drugs? Asking for a friend.

It's the nine club, were you actually expecting real questions ? No its mostly gonna be things like "what do you think of instagram" or "tell us about your new project"

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2019, 08:48:17 PM »
Just wanna put this out there, some guys aren't comfortable talking about their past. It can be triggering, it can bring bad feelings and negative attention when there doesn't need to be. If it comes up it comes up. Maybe they talked about it and later on Reese wanted to cut it.

Reese doesn't owe us shit, and the nine club ain't Oprah.

Fair to have you're opinions of your opinions about the show, but have some respect for people who choose not to divulge everything about themselves. Ya thirsty asses
The chillest1

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2019, 09:06:45 PM »
Is steZus Christ a  racist ?

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1059
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2019, 10:03:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Actually the concern centers around sponsorship as neither Roberts or Kelly has any
idea that people ride skateboards without compensation for any extended period of time.
And that Roger fella just hates being there at this point

I imagine the sound of Crab and Jelly, flicking their chubby beans to the idea of a livable paycheck from a sponsor in skateboarding, is actually what makes Roger hate being there. It’s not about the garbage questions or persistent giggling- it’s the lack of sleep.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2019, 10:10:31 PM »
How does Crob make enough money to live comfortably by himself without having to do anything? Those chocolate checks probably only cover his groceries and kombuchas.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2019, 10:42:40 PM »
Is steZus Christ a  racist ?

Hahahaha...nice.

How does Crob make enough money to live comfortably by himself without having to do anything? Those chocolate checks probably only cover his groceries and kombuchas.

Crob comes off like a pretty private person, and that is his choice to be. Vulnerability allows people to relate, but some of us prefer to be left alone, or at least to do our own thing. Not feel the need to appease everyone.

I'd imagine, like a lot of people, he has other hustles. A lot of people in LA work more than one job/have side hustles or multiple.

-Crob's Bestie
The chillest1

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2019, 04:26:02 AM »

He grew up in Malibu.  I assume he comes from money and he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would blow a lot of his pro paychecks over the years

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2019, 05:00:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He grew up in Malibu.  I assume he comes from money and he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would blow a lot of his pro paychecks over the years

Out of all of the Crail camp he is getting the most exposure with Nine Club. He is probably making more now than he ever has in his career. They have a pay subscription service, Nine club product, monetized channel. They have show sponsors now. He wears a Choco cap every episode, whic he probably gets a "photo incentive" type check for. Still has boards out.

If he was smart with that Adio money he would have bought a condo and had it paid off by now and he admits to driving a Chevy Volt which are like $30k fully loaded. Even with shit credit that's like a $300 monthly payment. Just a rough estimate is he could easily live on like $3k a month. Even if he didn't buy his condo/apartment, maybe rent controlled?
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

shingles

• Rep: -61
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2019, 05:14:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

gnarcan

Here Grosso talks about the Nineclub guys cutting his interview cause it was too much drug talk and gnarly stuff...
support your local ramp-tramp

Mother Goose.

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2019, 05:20:08 AM »
i read an interview somewhere i forget where but oxys? i forget.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2019, 07:21:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

gnarcan
[close]

Here Grosso talks about the Nineclub guys cutting his interview cause it was too much drug talk and gnarly stuff...

Damn. He talks about getting messed up for almost the entire episode. I would love to hear the deleted stuff. I have probably listened to his 9 Club more that any other one at this point. For some reason I can't get into love letters.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2019, 09:16:54 AM »
The Bunt and Mission Statement are the better skate podcasts. They actually get down to the nitty gritty not just surface level stuff like 9 club
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2019, 04:57:02 PM »
Anyone else find the TALKING SHMIDT podcast a tough listen?

Dudes're a little too burnt to make an entertaining listen...
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]