Author Topic: More trash can madness from the SOTY  (Read 15807 times)

Nicki

Re: More trash can madness from the SOTY
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2019, 06:01:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Amazing tricks.

However: maybe I’m spoiled by Jamie Foy’s post soty output, but this is the first relevant thing he’s put out this year, isn’t it?

I hope I’m wrong and someone shows me a five minute part I missed in May though.
[close]

TJ doesn't put out parts.

Hell, his SOTY year, he won it off a single part and a few random clips.
[close]

True. When he got SOTY he had no covers and no parts on Thrasher. They gave him Jan 19 cover after (out in 2018), and put up Blessed part after (and then took it down). So yeah, 2018 SOTY - no 2018 covers, no parts on Thrasher.....all of which is not sus at all....totally deserved it...

Did Tyshawn release a part for his new shoe? Or did I miss that.
[close]

Lmao he put out a crazy part in 2018. Just because it wasn’t up on thrasher doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

But it’s true a lot of his skating was seen through clips like this not parts.
[close]

Yeah, I know he rips. But usually you get Thrasher SOTY for repping Thrasher and getting covers and putting out parts on Thrasher. It’s just funny to get Thrasher SOTY and not put out a part on Thrasher. Just makes you think that it’s true that Evan rejected it. Whatever. It’s mad to think TJ is only 20 - hopefully he’s working on his Gravis part or even better, an FA/Hockey full length (I know, not likely). Blessed part had some crazy tricks, but he is capable of much better.
[close]

It’s not true. Listen to his recent Bunt episode.

Ok, I’ll check it out. Thanks. That just makes it even more strange that Evan wasn’t SOTY.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 06:08:28 AM by Nicki »

Ocelot

« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2019, 09:40:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Amazing tricks.

However: maybe I’m spoiled by Jamie Foy’s post soty output, but this is the first relevant thing he’s put out this year, isn’t it?

I hope I’m wrong and someone shows me a five minute part I missed in May though.
[close]

[close]

True. When he got SOTY he had no covers and no parts on Thrasher. They gave him Jan 19 cover after (out in 2018), and put up Blessed part after (and then took it down). So yeah, 2018 SOTY - no 2018 covers, no parts on Thrasher.....all of which is not sus at all....totally deserved it...

[close]

Lmao he put out a crazy part in 2018. Just because it wasn’t up on thrasher doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

[close]

Yeah, I know he rips. But usually you get Thrasher SOTY for repping Thrasher and getting covers and putting out parts on Thrasher. It’s just funny to get Thrasher SOTY and not put out a part on Thrasher. Just makes you think that it’s true that Evan rejected it. Whatever. It’s mad to think TJ is only 20 - hopefully he’s working on his Gravis part or even better, an FA/Hockey full length (I know, not likely). Blessed part had some crazy tricks, but he is capable of much better.
[close]

What's the scoop on this? I always thought the Reynolds quote was to say that someone turned down a nomination, as opposed to the award.

cheetahsheets

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2019, 09:50:19 AM »
It has to be westgate. He’s achieved heath status, so he doesn’t care about SOTY.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2019, 01:31:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Amazing tricks.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

What's the scoop on this? I always thought the Reynolds quote was to say that someone turned down a nomination, as opposed to the award.

Evan didn’t address that directly on The Bunt but they asked him about always being a SOTY contender but never SOTY and it was clear from his answer he never turned it down or whatever. He said he’s cool but he’d definitely be stoked to get it cuz he loves Thrasher and Phelps. He also said people didn’t realize he was hurt and not skating majority of 2018 so would’ve been weird to get it.

safarizone

• Rep: -5
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2019, 02:59:59 PM »
Can’t believe he gets a pass for those shorts after everything Garrett Hill had to go through...

Garrett Hill walked so Tyshawn could run

Nicki

« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2019, 09:26:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Amazing tricks.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Evan didn’t address that directly on The Bunt but they asked him about always being a SOTY contender but never SOTY and it was clear from his answer he never turned it down or whatever. He said he’s cool but he’d definitely be stoked to get it cuz he loves Thrasher and Phelps. He also said people didn’t realize he was hurt and not skating majority of 2018 so would’ve been weird to get it.

Interesting, I didn’t know that, thanks. Evan still put out a ton of footage in 2018 anyway. Whatever. We all know SOTY isn’t about quantity and quality. Otherwise Suciu should have got it a few years back.

Nicki

« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2019, 10:40:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Amazing tricks.

[close]

[close]

[close]
He front boarded a moving bulldozer in April, dropped his 20 | 50 thing with Gonz over the summer, his cover to the January 2019 issue hit shops mid-November, BLESSED dropped on Black Friday, his trash can part dropped a few days afterwards on Thrasher, and he was awarded SOTY a few days into December:

I’m really impressed with all the lies you’ve told in your short time on the board so far, can’t wait to see what you come up with next!

Well, you are easily impressed!❤️ You can’t be this naive to not see last minute panic to come up with a new Thrasher SOTY 2018. You said it yourself - Blessed out on 23/11, trash can throwaway footy not used in Blessed to make “Thrasher Part” and Jan 2019 cover (late 2018) about the same time. And SOTY a week or so later. What an amazing coincidence - not planned at all! Was the Gonz one for adidas? and more piss farting around with his incredible pop. Is that the one where he ollies over Gonz?
What you call lies are just opinions you don’t understand.
[/quote]

Oh, and you left out the most important part of your timeline...

https://www.esquire.com/style/mens-fashion/a25736933/supreme-carlyle-group-yemen-saudi-arabia/
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 12:22:48 AM by Nicki »

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2019, 04:32:25 AM »
Im surprised nobody is talking about the little bump, but it still fucked.

Johnny Rocketflips

• Rep: -33
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2019, 06:33:03 AM »
Does this guy even skate anymore

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2019, 06:46:10 AM »
Does this guy even skate anymore

Pretty sure Phelps is dead, imo.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2019, 09:10:10 AM »
Im surprised nobody is talking about the little bump, but it still fucked.

I skate there and there’s no bump. Other NY posters can confirm its flat.

conqueso

« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2019, 09:21:00 AM »
clearly a dip in the concrete but ok lol

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2019, 09:25:17 AM »
 I guess I could be tripping, but I’m pretty sure the whole place is flat. No bump that’s gonna do much of anything for ya.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 09:27:59 AM by VHS ERA »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2019, 10:12:40 AM »
It's 100% flat. There are some cracks and areas where it's paved where the ground is a fraction higher, but there's no bump.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2019, 10:30:37 AM »
i can't believe we're having the same fucking arguments we had last time

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2019, 11:11:22 AM »
Was it a halfcab flip though?

roomservice

• Rep: -209
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2019, 11:18:17 AM »
prob cause no matter what some fanboys may say everyone knows Tyshawn didn't deserve SOTY otherwise there would be nothing to discuss. Like another poster implied, does anyone complain about Foy or Ishod getting it?

billyerlife

« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2019, 11:18:32 AM »
Was it a halfcab flip though?

Switch nollie one eighty front foot flip.

My mom said Even sold SOTY to TJ for 3 doses of mescaline.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2019, 12:11:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
prob cause no matter what some fanboys may say everyone knows Tyshawn didn't deserve SOTY otherwise there would be nothing to discuss. Like another poster implied, does anyone complain about Foy or Ishod getting it?
Some complained about Foy. No one ever complains about Ishod. NEVER.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2019, 03:32:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

They owe ishod two more

winecrab

• Rep: -176
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2019, 03:39:34 PM »
#notmysoty. I'd rather watch an ultrasound of Evan Smith digesting feces.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2019, 03:43:25 PM »
skateboarding lebron james

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2019, 03:52:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
To be honest, I thought Louie got robbed the Foy year. Not that I have that big an issue with it, I'd just way rather watch Louie footage than Foy.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2019, 04:17:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

They owe ishod two more
Uhhhhh Ishod won it the year Suciu should’ve. When he came out with 30 minutes of footy. Ishod definitely has been SOTY. But to say he should’ve won it no contest is wrong.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2019, 05:56:13 PM »
anyone who is actually bothered by SOTY picks is a fucking loser lol

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2019, 06:36:17 PM »
That  SOTY shit stopped mattering when Cole won the 2nd time over Busenitz. So let's just appreciate how sick Tyshawn's trashcan tricks are.

Black Frycook

« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2019, 11:07:07 PM »
anyone who is actually bothered by SOTY picks is a fucking loser lol

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2019, 11:25:32 PM »
That  SOTY shit stopped mattering when Cole won the 2nd time over Busenitz. So let's just appreciate how sick Tyshawn's trashcan tricks are.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2019, 09:31:07 AM »

Over Heath.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2019, 10:07:37 AM »
If I remember correctly Mindfield was in 2009 and Stay Gold and the Thrasher interview was 2010, but if it was all in 2009 Heath would've gotten it easily.

But again, doesn't matter because Cole winning made it clear it was about Phelps dick sucking (RIP) and opened up the conversation on how come Koston and Reynolds dont have 3 each. At least with Danny Way you could rationalize the time gap and Mega ramp stuff.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 10:10:26 AM by Lenny the Fatface »