Author Topic: SUPER MARIO WORLD 2- /// SUPER NES TALK  (Read 3157 times)

tension

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
SUPER MARIO WORLD 2- /// SUPER NES TALK
« on: July 10, 2019, 12:50:48 PM »
Anyone ever play this? I was a huge fan of the first super mario world for SNES and just recently found out theres a "second one" that seems to be super different. Just won one on ebay for $11 earlier this week thats coming tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 01:49:41 PM by tension »
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

feedmeseymour

Re: SUPER MARIO WORLD 2- YOSHI'S ISLAND SUPER NES
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 01:01:26 PM »
its easily one of my top 3 games of all time. once you beat it watch some of this speedrun. trihex is unreal.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 01:18:14 PM »
You never played one of the best games of all time, are you serious? You're in for a treat, man. Loved the shit out of that one back in the day.

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Lexapro
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 03:02:37 PM »
Woah, love the hype. A few of my "nintendo friends" hadn't heard about it either! So stoked!

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Lexapro
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 07:17:33 AM »
yall werent joking. AMAZING so far, only played to the 2nd world last night but gonna put alotta time into it tomorrow

G raham

• Rep: -49
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2019, 03:08:58 AM »
Its a fuckin classic so stoked emulators are a thing. What are you guys favourite snes titles? Donkey kong country 3 for ya boy
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 08:30:09 AM »
Its a fuckin classic so stoked emulators are a thing. What are you guys favourite snes titles? Donkey kong country 3 for ya boy

Super Mario World, the original Donkey Kong Country, Contra 3: The Alien Wars, Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

I played the shit out of all of those games as a kid, and I recently got a SNES Classic that my brother in law modified to include 100+ SNES games (including all of the ones I just mentioned).

Oh, and NHL 94 is the best sports game ever made for any system, ever.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2019, 08:27:08 PM »
Easily one of my favorite games. The sequel on 3ds is pretty great too.

I got a super famicon classic edition, nothing but hits.

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Lexapro
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 11:42:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Super Mario World, the original Donkey Kong Country, Contra 3: The Alien Wars, Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

I played the shit out of all of those games as a kid, and I recently got a SNES Classic that my brother in law modified to include 100+ SNES games (including all of the ones I just mentioned).

I LOVED all of the donkey kong countries SMW is also perfect. Damn might just turn this into a Super NES thread   

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2019, 11:50:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Feelin this!

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2019, 02:48:46 AM »
SMW2 is really good, but I wish I didn't need to listening to Mario cry. A crying baby is one of my least favorite sounds, so listening to it constantly is unpleasant. I haven't played it for years because of this, but I think I'll give it a go tonight.

As far as other SNES games go: Chrono Trigger is my favorite game of all time. I've played through the whole thing at least 10 times. I really love everything about it. Castlevania 4 and Contra 3 are great. Earthbound and both Final Fantasy's are great. Zelda: Link to the Past is the best Zelda. Super Mario Kart. Super Metroid. SNES is such a good system. I play everything on OpenEmu with a fake USB SNES controller. It's great.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2019, 06:28:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I LOVED all of the donkey kong countries SMW is also perfect. Damn might just turn this into a Super NES thread

I hope so. I could talk about SNES games all day.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2019, 06:32:24 AM »
SMW2 is really good, but I wish I didn't need to listening to Mario cry. A crying baby is one of my least favorite sounds, so listening to it constantly is unpleasant. I haven't played it for years because of this, but I think I'll give it a go tonight.

As far as other SNES games go: Chrono Trigger is my favorite game of all time. I've played through the whole thing at least 10 times. I really love everything about it. Castlevania 4 and Contra 3 are great. Earthbound and both Final Fantasy's are great. Zelda: Link to the Past is the best Zelda. Super Mario Kart. Super Metroid. SNES is such a good system. I play everything on OpenEmu with a fake USB SNES controller. It's great.

I have a really hard time choosing a favorite between A Link to the Past (SNES), Link's Awakening (Game Boy), and Ocarina of Time (N64). I love each game.

The one I have played the most has got to be Link's Awakening though. I've played through that entire game at least 20 times. I actually own a lime green Game Boy Color with just Link's Awakening. I own zero other games.
FUCK YOU

feedmeseymour

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2019, 06:49:58 AM »

i gotta say it... just stop getting hit.

beatifk

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2019, 06:59:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have a really hard time choosing a favorite between A Link to the Past (SNES), Link's Awakening (Game Boy), and Ocarina of Time (N64). I love each game.

The one I have played the most has got to be Link's Awakening though. I've played through that entire game at least 20 times. I actually own a lime green Game Boy Color with just Link's Awakening. I own zero other games.

That's true, I find Link's Awakening to be more fun if that makes any sense, but Link to the Past is a more memorable game to me. I've played through them both several times, and if I had to start one today, it would be Link to the Past. I only played Ocarina a few hours before I decided I didn't like it. I never played Majora's Mask, mostly because my brother owned the N64 and kept it in his room and, thus, I never played a lot of N64. I tried Wind Waker and didn't get very far before I decided I didn't like that one either. I haven't tried a Zelda since then except some of the portable top-down ones.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 11:45:32 AM by beatifk »

beatifk

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2019, 02:34:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I played through the first world last night. It was excellent. But that crying is godawful. Every time I heard crying I was afraid that my neighbors thought I was torturing a baby. I remember now that I played this on Gameboy with the sound turned down and found it much more enjoyable. BUT, the music is great, so I'm just trying to not get hit as much.

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Lexapro
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2019, 01:28:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I played through the first world last night. It was excellent. But that crying is godawful. Every time I heard crying I was afraid that my neighbors thought I was torturing a baby. I remember now that I played this on Gameboy with the sound turned down and found it much more enjoyable. BUT, the music is great, so I'm just trying to not get hit as much.

the music is great and the crying is horrible, just gotta get better and avoid those shells !!

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2019, 08:33:14 AM »
Wall jumping in super Metroid can suck my kiss

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2019, 10:55:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That's true, I find Link's Awakening to be more fun if that makes any sense, but Link to the Past is a more memorable game to me. I've played through them both several times, and if I had to start one today, it would be Link to the Past. I only played Ocarina a few hours before I decided I didn't like it. I never played Majora's Mask, mostly because my brother owned the N64 and kept it in his room and, thus, I never played a lot of N64. I tried Wind Walker and didn't get very far before I decided I didn't like that one either. I haven't tried a Zelda since then except some of the portable top-down ones.

I think you're the first Zelda fan I've ever talked to that disliked Ocarina of Time  8)

I haven't played any of the new Zelda games. I just could never get into the Wii/Switch.
FUCK YOU

feedmeseymour

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2019, 11:08:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That's true, I find Link's Awakening to be more fun if that makes any sense, but Link to the Past is a more memorable game to me. I've played through them both several times, and if I had to start one today, it would be Link to the Past. I only played Ocarina a few hours before I decided I didn't like it. I never played Majora's Mask, mostly because my brother owned the N64 and kept it in his room and, thus, I never played a lot of N64. I tried Wind Walker and didn't get very far before I decided I didn't like that one either. I haven't tried a Zelda since then except some of the portable top-down ones.
[close]

I think you're the first Zelda fan I've ever talked to that disliked Ocarina of Time  8)

I haven't played any of the new Zelda games. I just could never get into the Wii/Switch.
the zelda they made for the 3ds was realllllyyyyy good if you liked the snes link to the past.

i like how this has turned into a snes thread.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2019, 12:20:14 PM »
I also remember preferring Link's Awakening over A Link To The Past by quite a long shot actually. The environment felt fresher than the typical Hyrule lore to me and I could really appreciate its little coherence that was fascinating to me as a kid. In comparison the A Link To The Past art style was too cartoonish to my liking and I guess that game was more ambitious and complex too which kept getting me stuck as a kid.

On the SNES I remember logging many hours into Super Punch Out in my teens, the time trial mode was my shit for a while until the save battery in my cartridge died and I started losing track of my scores.

Random but this showed up in my recommendations the other day and it's fucked:

« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 12:22:06 PM by silhouette »

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2019, 07:07:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
the zelda they made for the 3ds was realllllyyyyy good if you liked the snes link to the past.

I haven't played the 3DS version, which now has me wanting to go to the used game store to buy the game and a 3DS.....
FUCK YOU

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2019, 07:11:10 AM »
I also remember preferring Link's Awakening over A Link To The Past by quite a long shot actually. The environment felt fresher than the typical Hyrule lore to me and I could really appreciate its little coherence that was fascinating to me as a kid. In comparison the A Link To The Past art style was too cartoonish to my liking and I guess that game was more ambitious and complex too which kept getting me stuck as a kid.

On the SNES I remember logging many hours into Super Punch Out in my teens, the time trial mode was my shit for a while until the save battery in my cartridge died and I started losing track of my scores.

Random but this showed up in my recommendations the other day and it's fucked:

I never really got into Super Punch Out....Fun game, but I only played it sporadically.

I am the master of NHL 94 though, at least among everyone that I know. I took my actual Super Nintendo console to college my freshmen year (2004) and throughout all 4 years of college I did not lose a game. I still haven't lost a game. My brother is the only person who can even come close to beating me, only because we grew up playing against each other and he has the most experience other than me....

FUCK YOU

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2019, 01:46:44 AM »
I never really got into Super Punch Out....Fun game, but I only played it sporadically.

I am the master of NHL 94 though, at least among everyone that I know. I took my actual Super Nintendo console to college my freshmen year (2004) and throughout all 4 years of college I did not lose a game. I still haven't lost a game. My brother is the only person who can even come close to beating me, only because we grew up playing against each other and he has the most experience other than me....

I think Super Punch Out is the type of game that has the potential to grow on one with time; I remember not giving it too much attention myself at first (I'd just randomly borrow the cartridge from a cousin originally) but as soon as I started actually figuring it out, understanding the hidden patterns to knock the dudes out as early as possible and giving the time trial mode a try I was hooked, very much in a Mario Kart time trial fashion.

Never played NHL 94 on the SNES, but I did have a similar experience of never ever losing one Pokémon generation one battle in middle school. And I used to play the original Super Smash Bros on the N64 with my younger brother quite a lot, so I know what you mean about people growing up playing together and knowing all of the other player's moves, habits and strats. Eventually I stopped playing video games in my teenage years but my brother never did and now he fucking kicks my ass at the recent Smash Bros titles where so much shit goes on on the screen at once I can barely tell what's going on.

beatifk

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2019, 04:55:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think Super Punch Out is the type of game that has the potential to grow on one with time; I remember not giving it too much attention myself at first (I'd just randomly borrow the cartridge from a cousin originally) but as soon as I started actually figuring it out, understanding the hidden patterns to knock the dudes out as early as possible and giving the time trial mode a try I was hooked, very much in a Mario Kart time trial fashion.

I really like Super Punch Out, I think it's a better game than the original for NES actually, but I SUCK at it. I've never gotten very far and usually get too frustrated to keep trying.

Nollie FS 180

• Rep: 0
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2019, 09:35:10 PM »
earth bound
“Fuck you Amy, I love you” ~ Rick Kane

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Lexapro
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2019, 01:49:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I haven't played the 3DS version, which now has me wanting to go to the used game store to buy the game and a 3DS.....

Woah i hadn't played this either. I actually forgot it existed. A used 3DS would be real cheap, i got one awhile back from ebay for 30 bucks?

About to restart the Donkey Kong country SNES series. First up is Donkey Kong Country 1.... the best one??

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Lexapro
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2019, 01:52:35 PM »
its easily one of my top 3 games of all time. once you beat it watch some of this speedrun. trihex is unreal.

Oh, also- this is amazing and i accidentally watched a full hour of it without realizing this morning while on a treadmill

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2019, 07:08:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Woah i hadn't played this either. I actually forgot it existed. A used 3DS would be real cheap, i got one awhile back from ebay for 30 bucks?

About to restart the Donkey Kong country SNES series. First up is Donkey Kong Country 1.... the best one??

I've played the first Donkey Kong Country so many times that I can now beat the entire game in just under 1 hour.

And yes, it's definitely the best one.
FUCK YOU

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Lexapro
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2019, 09:15:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I've played the first Donkey Kong Country so many times that I can now beat the entire game in just under 1 hour.

And yes, it's definitely the best one.

Same. think the first one is either my all time favorite video game, or second behind Super Mario World for NES

also, havent re started yet because i cant fucking find it