Author Topic: How fucked is zero?  (Read 20238 times)

hateboard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: How fucked is zero?
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2019, 06:19:42 PM »
He doesn't have a shoe sponsor and risks his life for a measly zero check while the rape trio have better pay and sponsors. At least let him try to get laid.

Agreed, its a sad state of affairs when a guy who does possibly the gnarliest rail in history, makes thrasher cover, can put together a last part for a zero vid, and he is probably couch surfing the world without a dollar to his name. Who the fuck would encourage their kids to choose skating as a career? Are you really worried about coach dads ruining skating? More like skating is going to ruin coach dads. Fuck just about any other career option would be easier than being a top skater these days, its one of the most difficult skills on the planet, brutal on the body and leaves you broke with drinking and hygene problems.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2019, 07:32:12 PM »
we all know that it’s a cold war out there right now with all of these new board brands popping up left and right. zero pretty much has no cash value anymore and is only still surviving for the thrill of it all. it’s a strange world we live in today with all of the misled youth giving their money away to companies with new blood as opposed to the ones that have been around forever and are dying to live but, at some point you just have to say “damn it all”
I've participated before but I don't know how much of this repetitive zero shtick i can take. Lets move on to Markovich or Svitak.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2019, 09:16:18 PM »
Expand Quote
He doesn't have a shoe sponsor and risks his life for a measly zero check while the rape trio have better pay and sponsors. At least let him try to get laid.
[close]

Agreed, its a sad state of affairs when a guy who does possibly the gnarliest rail in history, makes thrasher cover, can put together a last part for a zero vid, and he is probably couch surfing the world without a dollar to his name. Who the fuck would encourage their kids to choose skating as a career? Are you really worried about coach dads ruining skating? More like skating is going to ruin coach dads. Fuck just about any other career option would be easier than being a top skater these days, its one of the most difficult skills on the planet, brutal on the body and leaves you broke with drinking and hygene problems.

Hahaha what?

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2019, 09:29:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Hahaha what?
I guess you reach a critical point of no return of funky stank, to which you just say fuck it and run with the crust? Just spitballing here.

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2019, 05:41:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Yeah, I still don't get all the Burman hate. Dude kills it. Always has.
[close]

Only reason I kinda hate on Dane is because Tommy Gunz should have had last part in Cold War. Only reason Dane got it was because of that 50-50 kink drop, that's on Chief really but that's where I'm coming from.

dane ended the iTunes version and Tommy ended the DVD version

chief gave it to them both and personally I'd rather have the ender on DVD so you should only half kanda hate on Dane
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

fs overkrook

« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2019, 07:44:50 AM »
Dane and Jamie are going to be soooo pissed when they read all this. Jamie is going to throw and emergency team meeting

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2019, 09:23:49 AM »
I was workin in a skateshop when i was younger one day the owner and his family walked in and his oldest son was next to a good looking lady around his age. the famiy went don to the office but this dude hung around for a chat 'hey man is that your new girlfriend? i asked and was about to high five him for scoring a hotty.

he fucking glared at me so pissed off.. uhh no, thats my new step mother  HAHA!

bossman was pushing 50, his new mrs is barely 30 and his kid musta been feeling all kinds of ways.
 reverse the timeline a bit. When he was 30, she was fucking 10!

Burman dont seem so bad now right?

creepy fucks

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2019, 01:34:35 PM »
I was workin in a skateshop when i was younger one day the owner and his family walked in and his oldest son was next to a good looking lady around his age. the famiy went don to the office but this dude hung around for a chat 'hey man is that your new girlfriend? i asked and was about to high five him for scoring a hotty.

bossman was pushing 50, his new mrs is barely 30 and his kid musta been feeling all kinds of ways.

creepy fucks
Uhhh a 50 yo adult dating a 30 yo adult might raise an eyebrow but they're both adults. She knows what she's doing. it's incomparable to a 29yo adult sending unsolicited dick pics to a 17yo teenager.

Until we see proof he's just a lil creepy, but if true, he's BIG creepy.
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

WobbleHeadBob

« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2019, 03:09:54 PM »
Expand Quote

creepy fucks
[close]
Uhhh a 50 yo adult dating a 30 yo adult might raise an eyebrow but they're both adults. She knows what she's doing. it's incomparable to a 29yo adult sending unsolicited dick pics to a 17yo teenager.

unsoliceted dick pics are always deplorable. but as you say, thats just a rumour. both situations are creepy as fuck to me.

Green light terry

• Rep: 0
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2019, 07:26:37 PM »
Dane sucks as a human. Can skate. Zero sucks as a brand. Can skate. Does anyone care? No.
I'm only staying the night if you eat my ass.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2019, 07:32:43 PM »

creepy fucks
  Ur trippin dude.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2019, 07:41:29 PM »
Dane Burman fucking sucks

WobbleHeadBob

« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2019, 12:01:08 AM »
Expand Quote

creepy fucks
[close]
  Ur trippin dude.

how?

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2019, 02:16:42 AM »
So are you all just trolling each other with the same corny jokes from 5 years ago this thread is a dumpster fire throw it away

Zero is fucked and nobody cares, or will start caring. Should have let it die around the time slave started.
Slave is sick.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2019, 07:07:28 AM »
So are you all just trolling each other with the same corny jokes from 5 years ago this thread is a dumpster fire throw it away

Zero is fucked and nobody cares, or will start caring. Should have let it die around the time slave started.
Slave is sick.

Free max b

This

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2019, 08:06:14 AM »
So are you all just trolling each other with the same corny jokes from 5 years ago

Free max b
ironing is delicious

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 126
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2019, 11:55:38 AM »
Expand Quote

if creepy comments on pictures of 6 year old girls is done with little hesitation, that begs the question what is hidden beneath the surface.
[close]

Not defending or calling out anyone here - but just to provide the context on that picture: it was posted by the mother of the child, she's saying that her daughter loves the stuffed animal she was photo'd laying on...

So when he says "I love it too" he could be referring to the stuffed animal itself, not necessarily the kid.

Feel free to form whatever conclusions you'd like, but the context isn't really clear from the screenshot alone unless you look into it.

I think it takes a person with an at least mildly warped mind to include the comment on the stuffed animal pic with the instances of his sexually charged posts in the first place. Why would your mind immediately assume dude is making openly pedophiliac comments to the mother of a child on the internet (I think the absence of her rebuking his comment in any way is a strong indication that that's not the case) rather than a more logical and less sick scenario. Your open demonstration that your mind would go there is equal if not greater evidence of you being a 'creep' than of dane (a dude you have no personal relationship with I'm sure) being a 'creep.'

tl;dr synopsis: YOU have linked that kid's picture on an internet forum with that connotation (that you invented) hanging over it. I'm sure the mother would be pretty fucking creeped out by YOUR conduct.

Not terribly different from everyone sharping their pitchforks over him sending hypothetical dick pics to a hypothetical 17 year old girlfriend with zero (lol) substantiating evidence - in that once a narrative has been created in your heads you'll take the most flimsy insubstantial pieces of NOTHING as 'evidence' and pretend it's true and compelling just because it bolsters the narrative YOU want.

SLAP of serious critical discussions about skateboarders, on sub-Pizzagate conspiracy theorist fake news echo chamber Trump supporter bullshit.

Dude is guilty of one 'crime,' which is making crude sexually-oriented posts on the internet. Y'all motherfuckers rate pro's girlfriends' asses in what you call a 'weiner wallet' thread...

Y'all make note of the inherent sadness of dude ravaging his body for peanuts only to one day have even the peanuts taken away with no backup plan, but you forgot to mention the part where the added bonus of random creepy dudes calling you a creep (and/or full blown pedophile) on the internet comes into play.
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2019, 12:06:34 PM »

Slave is sick.

Free max b

I was definitely trolling, with tired ass jokes.

Zero seems like a second job for most the dudes on the team. I dont really follow them, but what was the latest content?

Someone trying to put Dane Burman on blast for being thirsty seems to be the most recent thing I've seen from them in the last year or two. Maybe I'm desensitized, but Dane's level of thirst isn't exactly uncommon. Whether it's right or not, that ain't me to decide. Maybe I just work around a bunch of pervs.
The chillest1

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2019, 12:32:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Dane Burman used to send dick pics to my friends girlfriend at the time, she was like 17? this was 3ish years ago
That dude is a full blown creep
[close]
is that a question? In AUS the consent age is 16 so maybe there was some confusion. Maybe she didn't like your friend or his skating. Did you see the pics? if not, she may have wanted some attention. I guess we'll just have to wait until the investigation is completed.
If you are someone who knows the age of consent laws in multiple states/countries, you are either a cop or a creep or both.
No.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2220
« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2019, 12:54:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dane Burman used to send dick pics to my friends girlfriend at the time, she was like 17? this was 3ish years ago
That dude is a full blown creep
[close]
is that a question? In AUS the consent age is 16 so maybe there was some confusion. Maybe she didn't like your friend or his skating. Did you see the pics? if not, she may have wanted some attention. I guess we'll just have to wait until the investigation is completed.
[close]
If you are someone who knows the age of consent laws in multiple states/countries, you are either a cop or a creep or both.
Isn't it creepier to use the age of consent as an excuse for pervin on girls younger than you?

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Slappadabass

• Rep: -12
« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2019, 01:26:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

if creepy comments on pictures of 6 year old girls is done with little hesitation, that begs the question what is hidden beneath the surface.
[close]

Not defending or calling out anyone here - but just to provide the context on that picture: it was posted by the mother of the child, she's saying that her daughter loves the stuffed animal she was photo'd laying on...

So when he says "I love it too" he could be referring to the stuffed animal itself, not necessarily the kid.

Feel free to form whatever conclusions you'd like, but the context isn't really clear from the screenshot alone unless you look into it.
[close]

I think it takes a person with an at least mildly warped mind to include the comment on the stuffed animal pic with the instances of his sexually charged posts in the first place. Why would your mind immediately assume dude is making openly pedophiliac comments to the mother of a child on the internet (I think the absence of her rebuking his comment in any way is a strong indication that that's not the case) rather than a more logical and less sick scenario. Your open demonstration that your mind would go there is equal if not greater evidence of you being a 'creep' than of dane (a dude you have no personal relationship with I'm sure) being a 'creep.'

tl;dr synopsis: YOU have linked that kid's picture on an internet forum with that connotation (that you invented) hanging over it. I'm sure the mother would be pretty fucking creeped out by YOUR conduct.

Not terribly different from everyone sharping their pitchforks over him sending hypothetical dick pics to a hypothetical 17 year old girlfriend with zero (lol) substantiating evidence - in that once a narrative has been created in your heads you'll take the most flimsy insubstantial pieces of NOTHING as 'evidence' and pretend it's true and compelling just because it bolsters the narrative YOU want.

SLAP of serious critical discussions about skateboarders, on sub-Pizzagate conspiracy theorist fake news echo chamber Trump supporter bullshit.

Dude is guilty of one 'crime,' which is making crude sexually-oriented posts on the internet. Y'all motherfuckers rate pro's girlfriends' asses in what you call a 'weiner wallet' thread...

Y'all make note of the inherent sadness of dude ravaging his body for peanuts only to one day have even the peanuts taken away with no backup plan, but you forgot to mention the part where the added bonus of random creepy dudes calling you a creep (and/or full blown pedophile) on the internet comes into play.

Tl;dr. Shit he said is creepy no matter what context it’s in. Especially when you put yourself in the perspective of a pedos shoes.. considering he is a pedo. Not hard to comprehend unless you’re into children too and have no self awareness whatsoever

Slappadabass

• Rep: -12
« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2019, 01:32:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

And I’m no fan of trump (or any politician for that matter).. but you throwing pizzagate under the bus like that out of nowhere is another red flag to me that you’re either naive/uneducated (which is fine).. or you’re into children. One or the other. If you did your own research on what ppl are even talking about, which clearly you haven’t.. you’d have a different opinion.

brwrxstl

• Rep: -71
    • Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2019, 02:06:44 PM »
Should have let it die around the time slave started.

I feel like Horton carried Zero during those last few years and when he left that was pretty obvious.  My local guy said that JT started offering discounts to shops that didn't carry blanks, and then that all ended up being a bait and switch to stock those shitty "Threat" decks, and he basically sank Blackbox trying to run a pricepoint brand, after crusading (pun intended) against that industry for all those years prior. I think anybody rational would've cut bait on Zero a decade ago, but the guy's ego can't let him do that. The graphics have gotten better at times over the last couple years, but the shapes they use are fucking trash, so it's all kinda moot.  But anyway, I do feel like Slave basically filled the void left, and I think Horton is a lot more deserving of support than Jamie on top of that. So it all worked out regardless.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
  • Free Max B
« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2019, 04:45:07 PM »
Expand Quote
So are you all just trolling each other with the same corny jokes from 5 years ago

Free max b
[close]
ironing is delicious
The max shit ain’t a joke lil dude

Free max b
FREE MAX B

bo bice

• Rep: 86
« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2019, 05:19:05 PM »
dying to litigate

unpop

• Rep: -14
« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2019, 09:25:02 PM »
Zero has Fallen?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3336
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #146 on: July 14, 2019, 07:39:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

creepy fucks
[close]

[close]

unsoliceted dick pics are always deplorable. but as you say, thats just a rumour. both situations are creepy as fuck to me.

Just wanted to say that for the record I'm okay with unsolicited dick pics.

Mongoloid

« Reply #147 on: July 14, 2019, 07:53:38 AM »
Has Zero suddenly become unfucked while I was blissfully unaware? If a company is being run out of a garage via eBay sales that sounds pretty fucked to me.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #148 on: July 14, 2019, 08:22:41 AM »

HaveFunSkateboarding

• Rep: 20
« Reply #149 on: July 14, 2019, 09:03:33 AM »
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I didn't grow up during the Zero era, so it never hit me like it hit a lot of people. Back when Zero was in it's "prime" I saw Jamie Thomas at a few demos and he always came off as a dick to me. Just how he talked to me, he came off as a dick. Couple this with the endless stories people have told over the years about how he would treat "his skaters," I was never a fan. I'll always appreciate some of the skating he's done over the years, his video parts, etc., but I've always disliked him. That original Zero era has been gone for god knows how long, I don't think he's ever going to rekindle that feeling. It was a different time, the internet and social media wasn't as much as a driving force as it is now. I'd be okay with Zero still existing, but it seems like it's tainted a bit too much to look at in the way it was back on the day.