Author Topic: Is Supreme serious with this shit?  (Read 8624 times)

DanTheDoucher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
Is Supreme serious with this shit?
« on: July 11, 2019, 08:25:02 AM »
Below are a few of the dumbest fucking items I have ever seen. Who the hell is buying this shit?

This step ladder is $330.

A crow bar? Really?

Supreme brick?

And last but not least, a fishing lure for $33

There have to be more of these stupid items out there....
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
Re: Is Supreme serious with this shit?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 08:30:44 AM »
Supreme Band-Aids. WTF.

FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 08:41:08 AM »
they just did ludens cherry cough drops

the real question is who is the stupid ones, supreme, or the people that buy that shit

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 08:46:40 AM »
Why buy it when you craft it your own damn self?

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 08:57:23 AM »
lost 92 bricks had to fall back

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 09:01:40 AM »

the real question is who is the stupid ones, supreme, or the people that buy that shit

All of the above.
FUCK YOU

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 09:02:13 AM »
Is it weird that this stuff legitimately makes me angry?

FUCK YOU

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 09:02:55 AM »
Why buy it when you craft it your own damn self?

It wouldn't surprise me if some hypebeast douchenozzle built a fucking house with those things.
FUCK YOU

PeanutGallery

• Rep: 3
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 09:14:48 AM »
You're just finding out about this? Get with the times.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 09:25:06 AM »
You're just finding out about this? Get with the times.

I always knew Supreme put their logo on some questionable items, but I did not know about these.

I'm 33 years old. I'll never understand this hypebeast culture stuff.
FUCK YOU

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 09:35:54 AM »

def the people buying.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2019, 09:38:02 AM »
I don't get how that shit could make anyone angry. I think it's hilarious and the way I see it, basically something that's originally from skateboarding that's now in position to blatantly troll pop culture (and successfully so, as pop culture bites that shit so hard). How isn't that amazing? For the record, I don't get the hypebeast shit either - goes way over my head. But I just laugh with it.

Also yeah, most PALS should have seen this, there has been multiple threads with every new ridiculous item.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 09:41:39 AM by silhouette »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 09:41:31 AM »
Who cares? Good for the brand that can make money from idiots who would buy that. Clearly no skateboarder would do it an at the end part of that money goes to skateboarding
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2019, 10:07:30 AM »
They specifically do this to anger folks like you to give themselves more publicity.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2019, 10:09:13 AM »
That crowbar is pretty tight, imo.

SirPizzaSlayer

• Rep: -72
  • Pizza Griptape
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 10:12:04 AM »
Kinda weird for a supposed skate brand to be coming out with that type of stuff, like imagine baker making a crowbar or cough drops.

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 10:25:15 AM »

This kid for sure.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

sneakpeekmeek

• Rep: 2
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2019, 10:26:46 AM »
You're 100 supreme drops late.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2019, 10:36:33 AM »
I don't get how that shit could make anyone angry. I think it's hilarious and the way I see it, basically something that's originally from skateboarding that's now in position to blatantly troll pop culture (and successfully so, as pop culture bites that shit so hard). How isn't that amazing? For the record, I don't get the hypebeast shit either - goes way over my head. But I just laugh with it.

Also yeah, most PALS should have seen this, there has been multiple threads with every new ridiculous item.

They could put their logo on a pile of dog shit and these idiots will buy it. I don't get it at all.
FUCK YOU

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2019, 10:36:44 AM »
If you think that's wildin', you should peep the Anti Social Social Club Tenga.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2019, 10:38:04 AM »

And I haven't been using this site for very long, maybe a few months. I joined back in 2015 and was only here for about a week, then I started visiting again this year.
FUCK YOU

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2019, 10:39:01 AM »
Kinda weird for a supposed skate brand to be coming out with that type of stuff, like imagine baker making a crowbar or cough drops.

Baker could have a killer line of rolling papers.
FUCK YOU

SirPizzaSlayer

• Rep: -72
  • Pizza Griptape
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2019, 10:50:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah in like 2008, now it would be coconut water

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2019, 10:55:21 AM »
Even my poet friends in their mid-40s who know nothing about skating were talking about the brick.

Personally I think it's funny. It's clever marketing - maximum kitsch. Kitsch takes a special place in people's hearts. Supreme would be stupid not to make this stuff and I think that's where their skating roots pay off - they know that if they take themselves way too seriously all the time and just pump out North Face collabs over and over people will get bored. It's like Slayer Christmas sweaters; the branding can't take itself too seriously if the brand itself is rooted in what's essentially "fun" (skating, music, etc.).

Dan, maybe you have no idea how hardcore some Supreme item collectors are. Not clothes or boards, just items. They live for whatever specific item Supreme makes and have rooms filled with items, and that's how people are. Just like Elvis, like Star Wars (hi Rothdigga!), like hockey, the more paraphernalia there is, the more people will care.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2019, 10:56:42 AM »
Yesterday I was looking for local shitty skateboards to post in the thread about craigslist boards, found someone selling these instead, can't post a link of their actual photo but this shit is real.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2019, 10:57:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
yeah in like 2008, now it would be coconut water

They still have Beagle!
FUCK YOU

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2019, 11:01:55 AM »
Even my poet friends in their mid-40s who know nothing about skating were talking about the brick.

Personally I think it's funny. It's clever marketing - maximum kitsch. Kitsch takes a special place in people's hearts. Supreme would be stupid not to make this stuff and I think that's where their skating roots pay off - they know that if they take themselves way too seriously all the time and just pump out North Face collabs over and over people will get bored. It's like Slayer Christmas sweaters; the branding can't take itself too seriously if the brand itself is rooted in what's essentially "fun" (skating, music, etc.).

Dan, maybe you have no idea how hardcore some Supreme item collectors are. Not clothes or boards, just items. They live for whatever specific item Supreme makes and have rooms filled with items, and that's how people are. Just like Elvis, like Star Wars (hi Rothdigga!), like hockey, the more paraphernalia there is, the more people will care.

I've never been very into trends and pop-culture type shit, so yeah, I have no idea how hardcore these collectors are. I also spend very little time on the internet (except when I'm at work, like now), so I don't really know a lot about this kind of stuff at all.

I know I'm out of the loop, but seeing some of these items for the first time makes me wonder how someone could spend that kind of money on something when they could get the exact same item for 5-10% of the price they are paying for the Supreme version. But like you said, it's a collector thing, which I did not know.
FUCK YOU

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2019, 11:07:37 AM »
Shit just gets weirder and weirder...

FUCK YOU

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2019, 11:16:25 AM »
dan you getting mad because a company knows how to fool idiot sheep people into buying random products with their logo on it? Shit, if you could make money off doing the same shit, you'd be doing the same shit!

Also this is old ass fucking news.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

se7en3two

• Rep: -24
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2019, 11:19:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They could put their logo on a pile of dog shit and these idiots will buy it. I don't get it at all.

The people buying direct from Supreme are mostly re-sellers at this point. There are specific apps built for buying shit on their site, with like 5 second check-outs.

They turn this junk around by flipping online or boutique-type shops in malls, with unreal markups. I'm sure the Supreme/Purina dogshit collab, would be a huge hit actually.