Author Topic: Mark Suciu 'Verso'  (Read 246544 times)

SkinnyGuinea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: Mark Suciu 'Verso'
« Reply #210 on: July 31, 2019, 10:06:15 AM »
I know he's working on getting a few more clips (including the ender) and had hoped for Aug. 2nd but that was quickly moved to Aug. 9th. Last time I heard, it's going to be 5-7 days after he gets the clips he wants. I respect it ... it's a personal project and he's not going to put out anything less than perfection.

Even as is, the video is fuckin' ridiculous in the best way possible.

SOTY 2019

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #211 on: July 31, 2019, 10:08:56 AM »
I know he's working on getting a few more clips (including the ender) and had hoped for Aug. 2nd but that was quickly moved to Aug. 9th. Last time I heard, it's going to be 5-7 days after he gets the clips he wants. I respect it ... it's a personal project and he's not going to put out anything less than perfection.

SOTY 2019

Wait wait wait...Sucui's coming out with a video part?

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #212 on: July 31, 2019, 01:28:31 PM »
why would he have let them have a premiere if he wasn’t finished with it/wasn’t ready to put it out for the public?

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 716
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #213 on: July 31, 2019, 10:42:51 PM »
why would he have let them have a premiere if he wasn’t finished with it/wasn’t ready to put it out for the public?

When other skaters hear of this precedent, videos and premieres will never ever ever happen.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #214 on: July 31, 2019, 10:59:59 PM »
kinda just sounds like he got inspired by some of Arto's mirrored lines in Sorry and decided to make a part based around that concept. He wrote some (eloquent) words about it because he actually has an education and now we're all getting our knickers in a knot about it. imho concept parts are good because they tell a story and give some focus. Even Hsu's all switch part is a concept part if you think about it. Hell, Ricky in EE3 is almost a concept part too if you sit back and analyze it; he defs had a vision for what he wanted to do and how he wanted to skate!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #215 on: August 01, 2019, 08:55:55 AM »
kinda just sounds like he got inspired by some of Arto's mirrored lines in Sorry and decided to make a part based around that concept. He wrote some (eloquent) words about it because he actually has an education and now we're all getting our knickers in a knot about it. imho concept parts are good because they tell a story and give some focus. Even Hsu's all switch part is a concept part if you think about it. Hell, Ricky in EE3 is almost a concept part too if you sit back and analyze it; he defs had a vision for what he wanted to do and how he wanted to skate!

That means every jamie thomas part is a concept part

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #216 on: August 01, 2019, 10:00:19 AM »

SOTY 2019
What if this part never comes out and only the people that went to the premiere got to see any version of it? What if that was the real concept of the part and the whole Verso thing was just a red herring?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 10:02:02 AM by camel filters »

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #217 on: August 01, 2019, 11:02:34 AM »
Guys, it is pretty obvious that the perfect part is his white whale.

After the NYC premier, while sipping a Stella at Max Fish, he realized that he could just put it out there less perfect than he had hoped, and be dragged into the sea of irrelevance, or he could sharpen his harpoon and unleash a banger right between the eyes of his nemesis. He has taken to calling his board "Pequod", and people are starting to get nervous.

For skate's sake, he will spit his last trick at thee.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #218 on: August 01, 2019, 10:30:49 PM »
Expand Quote

SOTY 2019
[close]
What if this part never comes out and only the people that went to the premiere got to see any version of it? What if that was the real concept of the part and the whole Verso thing was just a red herring?

I like it. Intentionally produce a lost part, while also making sure that enough people have an inkling of how amazing it was to keep talking about it forever. Then Suciu could funnel that popularity to allow him to finally quit skating and openly pursue his thus far secret passion: rapping.

NOT - DLX_Customer_Service

• Rep: -7
« Reply #219 on: August 01, 2019, 11:27:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
anything more annoying than a white person in their 20s or 30s who are proud they live in a shitty neighborhood?asking as a black dude who left a shitty neighborhood.

where this part i'm trying to watch him gentrify these fucking spots, lets go!
[close]

Five years ago, I lived in what you would call a "shitty neighborhood". It was a run down row house with four 1 bedroom units and my next door neighbor had at least 10 people living there and they also sold drugs out of the unit, and I would get crackheads pounding on my door in the middle of the night thinking it was their door. I would also get harassed at the taco stand across the street for being a white guy wanting tacos. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.
[close]

Maybe a white dude who lives next to a crack den and moans about crackheads, and complains about being racially profiled at the taco stand. And then moves - but still bitches about it 5 years later.

Well, he IS a white male, probably straight, so he’s definitely what’s wrong with America today and deserving of much scorn.

palelight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #220 on: August 02, 2019, 01:58:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
anything more annoying than a white person in their 20s or 30s who are proud they live in a shitty neighborhood?asking as a black dude who left a shitty neighborhood.

where this part i'm trying to watch him gentrify these fucking spots, lets go!
[close]

Five years ago, I lived in what you would call a "shitty neighborhood". It was a run down row house with four 1 bedroom units and my next door neighbor had at least 10 people living there and they also sold drugs out of the unit, and I would get crackheads pounding on my door in the middle of the night thinking it was their door. I would also get harassed at the taco stand across the street for being a white guy wanting tacos. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.
[close]

Maybe a white dude who lives next to a crack den and moans about crackheads, and complains about being racially profiled at the taco stand. And then moves - but still bitches about it 5 years later.
[close]

Well, he IS a white male, probably straight, so he’s definitely what’s wrong with America today and deserving of much scorn.

DLX's customer service deserves better than your shit post.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #221 on: August 02, 2019, 04:12:51 AM »
Fuck all that this better drop today

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #222 on: August 02, 2019, 04:48:25 AM »
amazing that this thread is 8 pages and there isn't even a video part yet
good come sausage

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2552
« Reply #223 on: August 02, 2019, 05:21:22 AM »
Today's the day
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #224 on: August 02, 2019, 05:23:46 AM »
Today's the day
I thought someone said it got delayed until the 9th?

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #225 on: August 02, 2019, 06:11:53 AM »
I repeat today's the day! this part is going to be nuts, I'm really hoping for a good song Eno, Reed, Bowie or something, although it's more likely a newer song.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #226 on: August 02, 2019, 09:12:56 AM »
The premiere edit had 2 Beirut's songs

ArtVandelay

« Reply #227 on: August 02, 2019, 09:31:22 AM »

After the NYC premier, while sipping a Stella at Max Fish, he realized that he could just put it out there less perfect than he had hoped, and be dragged into the sea of irrelevance, or he could sharpen his harpoon and unleash a banger right between the eyes of his nemesis. He has taken to calling his board "Pequod", and people are starting to get nervous.

Thank you for this

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #228 on: August 02, 2019, 09:52:17 AM »

White!    Whale!    Holy!    Grail!
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

Mount St. Hermdog

• Rep: 8
« Reply #229 on: August 02, 2019, 12:01:14 PM »
that damned Suciu really got us waiting for Godot out here but don't tell him that

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #230 on: August 02, 2019, 12:10:20 PM »

Gnars for a week.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #231 on: August 02, 2019, 12:19:14 PM »
well shit, it looks like the guy up there was right... bummer. i was looking forward to watching this today. i understand not wanting to put a part out until you are totally satisfied with it but then again, what was the point in premiering it before it was “finished”? it’s not like there’s a shoe coming with it or anything so i don’t think his sponsors were rushing him? i really just don’t get it.

weregoingunion

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #232 on: August 02, 2019, 12:37:12 PM »
well shit, it looks like the guy up there was right... bummer. i was looking forward to watching this today. i understand not wanting to put a part out until you are totally satisfied with it but then again, what was the point in premiering it before it was “finished”? it’s not like there’s a shoe coming with it or anything so i don’t think his sponsors were rushing him? i really just don’t get it.

i thought that was weird, too. he even showed the people at the premiere a bail clip of his ender. i dont remember what it was exactly but it didnt make sense, typical mark suciu full power meter like DUNT *thps sound*

2 beirut songs and an AIR song.
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Ernest Borgnine

• Rep: 26
« Reply #233 on: August 02, 2019, 12:41:23 PM »
He could just be attempting to floor everybody, including those that attended the premier. 

Stephens Lawyer

• Rep: 139
« Reply #234 on: August 02, 2019, 12:41:27 PM »
like an important email that needs to not have typos and you notice a typo right after you hit send, fuckin relatable

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #235 on: August 02, 2019, 01:12:55 PM »
yeah but the word of it coming out today had to be based on that being announced so it’s like he’s just gonna push it back till he gets his ender? i know there’s been soundtrack changes and stuff after something is premiered but like if you still have shit you wanna get before you drop your part then uhhh don’t drop your part till you get that trick? it’s still early in the year, dude could’ve easily just put out another short part by the end and gotten the ender for that, especially if he’s possibly pushing for the soty nod.

euro tm

« Reply #236 on: August 02, 2019, 02:48:58 PM »
where is it mark

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #237 on: August 02, 2019, 03:24:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i thought that was weird, too. he even showed the people at the premiere a bail clip of his ender. i dont remember what it was exactly but it didnt make sense, typical mark suciu full power meter like DUNT *thps sound*

If suciu used Gibraltar I’m gonna be hyped, I’ve always wanted to see that in a vid. Shit I’ve never even heard them in any vids I can think of.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

weregoingunion

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #238 on: August 02, 2019, 03:37:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If suciu used Gibraltar I’m gonna be hyped, I’ve always wanted to see that in a vid. Shit I’ve never even heard them in any vids I can think of.

enjoi used “dead bodies” for their bag of suck intro.

r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3328
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #239 on: August 02, 2019, 03:44:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Did he name his part after the publishing house?
[close]

He could have at least had this printed in Papyrus font to let us know he's in on the joke.