Author Topic: Mark Suciu 'Verso'  (Read 246750 times)

silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
Re: Mark Suciu 'Verso'
« Reply #480 on: August 16, 2019, 02:21:10 AM »
In all seriousness, I for one actually don't mind him disregarding deadlines and trying hard to make his part look exactly like how he envisions it. That's the kind of passion I want to see and will remember from his character as opposed to how he presents himself and whatnot. Some of you guys may be too used to free content dropping all the time. The dude is treating his clip like it's a coherent piece, very much like filmers refine their full-length videos. Skateboarding needs more of that type of effort put in and less rushed commercial outputs. I feel like most people in his position wouldn't give a shit if they were 'due' a part by a certain deadline, they'd just ask whoever has their clips to turn everything in, then some random would edit it to the most cliché song and boom you'd have the perfect ad, and the job done. Mark is being a true skateboarder here by actually giving no fucks.

Also the last page was hilarious, many gnars were spent.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 02:23:46 AM by silhouette »

franc

• Rep: 102
« Reply #481 on: August 16, 2019, 04:39:59 AM »
Good post.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #482 on: August 16, 2019, 05:09:53 AM »
I liked Suciu more before he went to college.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 174
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #483 on: August 16, 2019, 05:32:41 AM »
I for one actually don't mind him disregarding deadlines and trying hard to make his part look exactly like how he envisions it.

The dude is treating his clip like it's a coherent piece.

Skateboarding needs more of that type of effort put in

I feel like most people in his position wouldn't give a shit if they were 'due' a part by a certain deadline

Mark is being a true skateboarder here by actually giving no fucks.

...your ability to contradict yourself is staggering.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #484 on: August 16, 2019, 05:53:26 AM »
Expand Quote
I for one actually don't mind him disregarding deadlines and trying hard to make his part look exactly like how he envisions it.

The dude is treating his clip like it's a coherent piece.

Skateboarding needs more of that type of effort put in

I feel like most people in his position wouldn't give a shit if they were 'due' a part by a certain deadline

Mark is being a true skateboarder here by actually giving no fucks.
[close]

...your ability to contradict yourself is staggering.

He gives no fucks about meeting business deadlines because he's exclusively concerned about the quality of his output as a skateboarder. Your ability to break down posts in disconnected bits just so you can recompile them the way you please and then make go around the entire point is staggering. Thank you for pointing out this apparent inconsistency though, although far-fetched.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 10:42:45 AM by silhouette »

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #485 on: August 16, 2019, 06:30:57 AM »

Hahahaha, I'd gnar if I didnt rage focus a couple years ago.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #486 on: August 16, 2019, 06:38:58 AM »
In all seriousness, I for one actually don't mind him disregarding deadlines and trying hard to make his part look exactly like how he envisions it. That's the kind of passion I want to see and will remember from his character as opposed to how he presents himself and whatnot. Some of you guys may be too used to free content dropping all the time. The dude is treating his clip like it's a coherent piece, very much like filmers refine their full-length videos. Skateboarding needs more of that type of effort put in and less rushed commercial outputs. I feel like most people in his position wouldn't give a shit if they were 'due' a part by a certain deadline, they'd just ask whoever has their clips to turn everything in, then some random would edit it to the most cliché song and boom you'd have the perfect ad, and the job done. Mark is being a true skateboarder here by actually giving no fucks.

I really appreciate that he is taking so much time to get the part exactly how he wants it. The thing that I find weird is that he let the video premier without the last trick then decides to hold the web release. The whole thing should have been postponed.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #487 on: August 16, 2019, 06:56:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I really appreciate that he is taking so much time to get the part exactly how he wants it. The thing that I find weird is that he let the video premier without the last trick then decides to hold the web release. The whole thing should have been postponed.

Oh for sure, hard to disagree with that.

burtreynolds.jpeg

« Reply #488 on: August 16, 2019, 06:58:27 AM »
I mean, studios hold test screenings for small audiences for films that are often far from finished. It can help you figure out what works.

I like the idea of holding off for that one trick. Skateboarding lacks anticipation these days.

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 92
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #489 on: August 16, 2019, 07:15:55 AM »
More speculating. 

I wonder if he’s trying a line on this type of scale, maybe not this extreme/long though.

He’s had numerous amazing marathon lines and I am always surprised how far he takes them.  The one at Muni is absolutely fucked.
Lines are so demoralizing after a certain point.  I can’t imagine having a long line for an ender.  Going back to the same spot numerous times to try the same premeditated line would crumble me, especially with this expectation now. 

Or maybe I’m completely trippin. He’s pro I’m not. I’m lucky to land 2 tricks in a row. If I don’t land the line the day I try it, I neverrrr go back to it because I don’t want to relive/be reminded of a struggle session.

Realllllly looking forward to this part still.

AldusMinutiae

• Rep: 125
« Reply #490 on: August 16, 2019, 08:27:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anybody actually know what trick he’s hung up on?
[close]

Yes, but seeing it on text won't be as good as just seeing it.
[close]

What's the fucking trick!? I need some closure.

It's a bs 5-0, bs 180 out.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #491 on: August 16, 2019, 09:00:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I forgot about Mark once "Busty slut opens her pussy to everyone" started playing sorry
[close]

Yo what's her ender ender?
[close]
It involes a gaping vagina,and Suciu grind on a fat rail, but she got stuck on the end. Then the rail retaliated by shooting a white substance on her face.

pfft talk about ABD

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
« Reply #492 on: August 16, 2019, 09:24:35 AM »
More speculating. 

I wonder if he’s trying a line on this type of scale, maybe not this extreme/long though.

He’s had numerous amazing marathon lines and I am always surprised how far he takes them.  The one at Muni is absolutely fucked.
Lines are so demoralizing after a certain point.  I can’t imagine having a long line for an ender.  Going back to the same spot numerous times to try the same premeditated line would crumble me, especially with this expectation now. 

Or maybe I’m completely trippin. He’s pro I’m not. I’m lucky to land 2 tricks in a row. If I don’t land the line the day I try it, I neverrrr go back to it because I don’t want to relive/be reminded of a struggle session.

Suciu lines at 1:26, 1:57, and 2:14 are some of my favorites (esp. the kickflip into the astro-turf)

that Madrid vid is prob one the best clip Adidas travel clip ever put out... definitely my fav iteration of the team (wish lucas was on the trip).  the busenitz, silas, and TX stuff is all awesome
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 09:29:09 AM by art hellman »
hardly art, hardly starving

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #493 on: August 16, 2019, 09:25:41 AM »
Expand Quote
More speculating. 

[close]

Suciu line at 1:26 is one of my favorites (esp. the kickflip into the astro-turf)

that Madrid vid is prob the best clip Adidas travel clip ever put out... definitely my fav iteration of the team.
Back when Adidas and flavor were synonymous.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #494 on: August 16, 2019, 09:29:39 AM »

Well we haven’t even seen quote unquote “phase 2 suciu”. We might be about to witness supersaiyan suciu, so let’s just wait.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2211
« Reply #495 on: August 16, 2019, 11:03:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well we haven’t even seen quote unquote “phase 2 suciu”. We might be about to witness supersaiyan suciu, so let’s just wait.
So he's going to Grad School?

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 716
« Reply #496 on: August 16, 2019, 11:15:02 AM »
I'm really enjoying the internet's inability to provide the desired artifact. Very refreshing.  I hope it never comes out and is viewable only in dingy peep shows as Suciu travels cross-continental like Kilgore Trout.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #497 on: August 16, 2019, 11:26:06 AM »
do u even grad school bro?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #498 on: August 16, 2019, 11:41:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The other thing is according to his Thrasher interview, it didn’t seem like he had a deadline.  He missed releasing this part as his Suciu II promo part and then discussed working on this single part for years.  The deadline seemed self-imposed versus from adidas or Habitat so it makes no sense to me to make your own deadline, know as that approaches that you’re not happy with the part and won’t finish the part by the deadline, premiere the part twice, and then delay its release and lose that momentum.  I’m sure he could have delayed the premiere without massively having to screw with any of the premiere planning and arrangements.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #499 on: August 16, 2019, 12:21:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

The other thing is according to his Thrasher interview, it didn’t seem like he had a deadline.  He missed releasing this part as his Suciu II promo part and then discussed working on this single part for years.  The deadline seemed self-imposed versus from adidas or Habitat so it makes no sense to me to make your own deadline, know as that approaches that you’re not happy with the part and won’t finish the part by the deadline, premiere the part twice, and then delay its release and lose that momentum.  I’m sure he could have delayed the premiere without massively having to screw with any of the premiere planning and arrangements.

Obviously what would have made the most sense in a marketing context would have been for him to remain discreet about it for longer instead of prematurely ejaculating premieres whilst it's still in the works with his own name on the wall (I've ridiculed the presentation before but in reality I find it pretty rad that he set it up at his local shop) but honestly, I actually really love those 'human errors' in skateboarding in general, like I find them to be a reassuring reminder that the skaters and creatives are still in control of what they do or at least some of them still care enough to have a personal vision and try to live up to it. I can appreciate that Suciu still has enough passion for skating in him to disregard all his official announcements entirely despite his industry ties to make sure his output is exactly what he wants, I can sense that's some skate rat shit (maybe that's a better wording than my original post). Plus witnessing this thread unfold all the while imagining that the dude is putting in work towards his goal as we speak is pretty sick, altogether the whole delay thing is only going to make the clip more special when it comes out and to Suciu it will feel complete, everyone wins.

Also it's 2019 and the skate video market is oversaturated and yadda yadda yet still here we are, looking forward to a clip like some of us were looking forward to the newest video on VHS twenty years ago and bugging skateshops requesting it; I think that's actually pretty fucking cool. The thing will come out and a few days don't really make a major difference. In the end, that's actually better marketing than if the thing had come out last week and been forgotten by most already.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 12:26:13 PM by silhouette »

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #500 on: August 16, 2019, 12:25:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

heard he already started growing a ponytail

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #501 on: August 16, 2019, 12:38:05 PM »
I love the "he fucked up, waited to long, hype has passed" like every single one of you doesn't check this thread every day hoping to see it.

And honestly, how does his going to college affect any of you? Do his Instagram captions bug you? Like it hasnt affected his skating at all and if his intellectual shit bugs you it seems very easy to ignore and just watch his skating.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #502 on: August 16, 2019, 12:56:45 PM »
college always fucks with peoples skating...aren't most pro's high school drop outs

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #503 on: August 16, 2019, 01:53:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
college always fucks with peoples skating...aren't most pro's high school drop outs

As the gods intended. The only degrees I expect from my pros are 180, 360, & 540.
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #504 on: August 16, 2019, 02:43:14 PM »
I love the "he fucked up, waited to long, hype has passed" like every single one of you doesn't check this thread every day hoping to see it.

And honestly, how does his going to college affect any of you? Do his Instagram captions bug you? Like it hasnt affected his skating at all and if his intellectual shit bugs you it seems very easy to ignore and just watch his skating.
also, acting as if anyone who doesn't check the boards every day even knows this is delayed

ArtVandelay

« Reply #505 on: August 16, 2019, 03:17:56 PM »
Oh marky mark, where art thou mark?!

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #506 on: August 16, 2019, 04:02:28 PM »

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #507 on: August 16, 2019, 04:14:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

heard he already started growing a ponytail

Confirmed.

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #508 on: August 16, 2019, 05:16:57 PM »

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #509 on: August 16, 2019, 06:56:29 PM »
Wouldn't it be terrible if he dislocated his pussy doing this super trick and could never skate again?