Author Topic: Mark Suciu 'Verso'  (Read 246711 times)

ArtVandelay

Re: Mark Suciu 'Verso'
« Reply #780 on: September 08, 2019, 12:21:24 PM »
Omg you guys!! A good source of mine at Thrasher just leaked this letter they sent to Mark! i guess he’s cooked! Omg!!

Dear Mark,

As you have failed to turn in your mid-career project ‘Verso’, we have no choice but to drop you from skateboarding. You have repeatedly asked for an extended deadline saying “one more week, please, just one more week, I swear to god!” You’ve given multiple excuses including your dog chewed on your wheels, you had mono, and that your grandma was in the hospital - we looked into that - your grandma died in 1999, Mark. Recent attempts to contact you have been unsuccesful. Everytime we call, someone (we know it’s you Mark) answers and says “me no know no Mark, no hablo Englesh.” These circumstances leave us no choice but to withdraw you from skateboarding, Mark. You can appeal this decision by trying to contact the spirit of Jake Phelps and obtain a pardon. For better luck with that try our ’Thrashin Ouija Board’ ($19.99). You can always try skateboarding again in your next lifetime.

Best of luck Suicu,
Thrasher Magazine, High Speed Productions INC.
P.s. we are hiring box packers in our warehouse. Contact us if you’d like to be considered. 

honey island

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #781 on: September 08, 2019, 12:24:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

holy shit, you are a lord.
[close]
Come on mods, posts like this deserve bans.
That’s spam. Totally unnecessarily messing with the flow of a thread.
Mark even asked me to disrupt this thread to take some heat off him and I said no cuz spamming is a bummer :(

shut up you kratom consuming, anthony shetler ass eating, mini logo loving, getting married in es accels donkey.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #782 on: September 08, 2019, 01:00:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He was talking about how he’s put out parts in the past that he’s hated, and that this is the part he’s been working towards his whole life. Way to increase pressure and expectations though lol
[close]

He'd better get ready for disappointment.  Every time I have something major in my life I'm working on and say to myself "This will be something incredible and defining that I'll be proud of and use to move even further forward in life", it never lives up to the self-imposed hype and a hard crash usually follows.

Not saying that it won't be a good part, hell, maybe even a great part, but when you get so autistic that you literally treat this as if you're creating a symphony that people will be appreciating hundreds of years later and not the "Cool video bro, but next week everyone will be focused on someone else's shit that's hot" situation life is today, it's gonna hurt bad once reality kicks in.
[close]
True. Shalom.

Didn't he also say in that interview he's going to do his best to make the part as perfect as he wants it but he also understands if he can't and won't be too upset because sometimes things like that are out of your control?

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #783 on: September 08, 2019, 03:38:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Mark even asked me to disrupt this thread to take some heat off him and I said no cuz spamming is a bummer :(
[close]

shut up you kratom consuming, anthony shetler ass eating, mini logo loving, getting married in es accels donkey.

Sometimes I think Slap’s lost its edge, then I read something like this and it makes it all Slap again
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

conqueso

« Reply #784 on: September 08, 2019, 03:46:31 PM »
suciu combat division reporting in

« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 03:39:02 AM by conqueso »

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #785 on: September 08, 2019, 03:48:29 PM »
Looks like Mark’s plan is going accordingly.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #786 on: September 08, 2019, 03:59:20 PM »
Mark is a damn mark.

Sarcasm

• Rep: -9
« Reply #787 on: September 08, 2019, 06:23:41 PM »
Mark is a damn mark.
Wizards can’t be marks, not possible.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #788 on: September 08, 2019, 07:24:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #789 on: September 08, 2019, 08:19:18 PM »
verso     noun

ver·​so | \ ˈvər-(ˌ)sō

plural versos

Definition of verso

1     : the side of a leaf (as of a manuscript) that is to be read second

2     : a left-hand page
           — compare RECTO

3     : the feeling of overwhelming emptiness that comes from being promised something incredible, but due to the missing element that makes it unbelievable, it is never attained.

History and Etymology for verso

New Latin verso (folio) the page being turned

The name of professional skateboarder Mark Suciu's film that never came out due to him collapsing under the pressure that was built from him delaying the release because he failed to accomplish a skateboard trick.

Examples of verso in a Sentence

"Dude, I went to McDonald's to try the reissue of the Arch Deluxe and I was so hyped. But they told me they couldn't sell it because they didn't have any special sauce! I got verso'd, dude!"
         - Randy Bo Bandy, BostonGlobe.com, "The McDonald's Enigma," 6 June 2016

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2211
« Reply #790 on: September 08, 2019, 08:33:19 PM »
verso     noun

ver·​so | \ ˈvər-(ˌ)sō

plural versos

Definition of verso

1     : the side of a leaf (as of a manuscript) that is to be read second

2     : a left-hand page
           — compare RECTO

3     : the feeling of overwhelming emptiness that comes from being promised something incredible, but due to the missing element that makes it unbelievable, it is never attained.

History and Etymology for verso

New Latin verso (folio) the page being turned

The name of professional skateboarder Mark Suciu's film that never came out due to him collapsing under the pressure that was built from him delaying the release because he failed to accomplish a skateboard trick.

Examples of verso in a Sentence

"Dude, I went to McDonald's to try the reissue of the Arch Deluxe and I was so hyped. But they told me they couldn't sell it because they didn't have any special sauce! I got verso'd, dude!"
         - Randy Bo Bandy, BostonGlobe.com, "The McDonald's Enigma," 6 June 2016
Bravo.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #791 on: September 09, 2019, 09:41:32 AM »
seriously huge shouts out to mark suciu this shit is legendary for real

CreepySweaty

• Rep: 60
  • i am mitchie brusco i have done the 1080
« Reply #792 on: September 09, 2019, 09:42:30 AM »
Mark has really given us a gift here.

Here are the potential outcomes:
1. He drops the part and it exceeds all ludicrous expectations, becoming a legendary piece of skate cinema instantly.

2. The part is a complete disappointment, giving the world of skateboarding a new slice of history. A new inside-joke. This has already begun on SLAP, and will be brought to the masses on Skateline or some shit.

3. The part never comes out and becomes as mythological as the missing MJ or Danny Way part. It is added to the short list of skate media Holy Grails, and we all argue for the next 2 years about whether or not the footage came out in other videos, or if Mark kept it all to himself.

We really can’t lose.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #793 on: September 09, 2019, 10:03:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
HA! HA! Your profile pic on insta is Tim Allen's mugshot!

Sucui really "slid out of" that one. A real body bender.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #794 on: September 09, 2019, 10:27:02 AM »
I wish Mark was playing this more like Joaquin Phoenix in "I'm Still Here"

I submit this thought as part of the ongoing effort to get this thread to 1000 posts pre-video drop, let's do it lads
That is absolutely going to happen. Seeing as this thread is in its 27th page, we’ve already surpassed 800 posts and I’d be very surprised if this shit came out this month.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #795 on: September 09, 2019, 11:30:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Don’t forget I love smoking sausage  ;)
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #796 on: September 09, 2019, 03:18:53 PM »
Expand Quote
anyone notice the crew was cracking street sodas and Suciu had a PELEGRINO in hand?

likely shifting the convo from pieces of ass in the city, to his thesis of elasticity.
[close]

Everybody’s putting yellow mustard on their hot dogs, Mark whips out the Grey Poupon.

Everybody’s listening to Wu Tang, Mark changes it to NPR.

Crew’s going to a titty bar, Mark’s going to the new Frida Kahlo exhibition.

Everybody’s at the Holiday Inn, Mark’s at a quaint bed and breakfast looking at antique tea kettles.

while ya'll be straight bummed that the guac cost extra....mark cracked a chia pop with the agave nectar

while ya'll be giggling about memes, big titty's on goths...mark shifted his 401k into a high yield ROTH

while ya'll be waking, feeling crusty and dry...mark finished a crossword, sipping matcha on ice

while ya'll be mubbling about a puleo theory...beethovens 9th left mark open, inspired and teary

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1223
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #797 on: September 09, 2019, 11:37:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
anyone notice the crew was cracking street sodas and Suciu had a PELEGRINO in hand?

likely shifting the convo from pieces of ass in the city, to his thesis of elasticity.
[close]

Everybody’s putting yellow mustard on their hot dogs, Mark whips out the Grey Poupon.

Everybody’s at the Holiday Inn, Mark’s at a quaint bed and breakfast looking at antique tea kettles.
[close]

while ya'll be straight bummed that the guac cost extra....mark cracked a chia pop with the agave nectar

while ya'll be giggling about memes, big titty's on goths...mark shifted his 401k into a high yield ROTH

while ya'll be waking, feeling crusty and dry...mark finished a crossword, sipping matcha on ice

while ya'll be mubbling about a puleo theory...beethovens 9th left mark open, inspired and teary
while y’all make jokes, im having daily panic attacks every time this thread is bumped. fuck this

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #798 on: September 10, 2019, 05:31:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

While the crew is out trying to rescue KB, Mark is contemplating the existential meaning behind alerting Instagram instead of the local authorities.  He's concluded that it has something to do with institutional racism, but its probably because he was really really really high.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 05:34:17 AM by Lenny the Fatface »

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #799 on: September 10, 2019, 11:28:19 AM »

Hate to bump my own shit, but if you haven’t seen this, I was psyched to make. A suciu/photosynthesis remix
Missed opportunity to mirror each trick in adobe premiere.

slobplant

• Rep: -12
« Reply #800 on: September 10, 2019, 12:56:53 PM »
Gary calls him out on today’s skateline

tedkootz

• Rep: -59
  • my life be like ooh ahh
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #801 on: September 10, 2019, 01:35:18 PM »
so this is just never coming out right?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #802 on: September 10, 2019, 01:49:58 PM »
Gary calls him out on today’s skateline

lol he said people wont stop asking him to ask Mark for the part. so he asked for him to drop it.  Actually really enjoyed this weeks episode

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #803 on: September 10, 2019, 02:20:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Were the accels og or reissue?

eastenders

• Rep: -115
« Reply #804 on: September 10, 2019, 11:51:10 PM »
Does this have a release date yet?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #805 on: September 11, 2019, 12:03:22 AM »
Does this have a release date yet?

Yes, 2 months ago

Its awesome!
Gentleman ninja warlock

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #806 on: September 11, 2019, 12:34:29 PM »

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 804
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #807 on: September 11, 2019, 01:07:38 PM »

Hate to bump my own shit, but if you haven’t seen this, I was psyched to make. A suciu/photosynthesis remix
That was cool
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #808 on: September 11, 2019, 02:51:02 PM »

this photo of andrew allen in a circa t-shirt > verso

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #809 on: September 11, 2019, 03:18:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
That was cool

That was good!

Also reminded me of a few things. Suicu gets pretty buck. His switch kickflips, and regular heelflips look gross.

Not sure if this satisfied me? Or made me want to see his new part more?
Gentleman ninja warlock