Author Topic: Mark Suciu 'Verso'  (Read 246669 times)

Gideon Choi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 33
Re: Mark Suciu 'Verso'
« Reply #1290 on: October 03, 2019, 01:28:01 PM »
I was on my lunch break, purposely set everything aside, put on my headphones and gave my full attention. It totally paid off after all the hype. Even after two songs I thought he can't possibly keep this up and two songs later my mind is melted.

And I think with this video Suciu finally just said "fuck it" and unleashed. From his various interviews he even admits to being very conscious and methodical to the types of tricks he film. In his past video parts I always got a sense that he was holding back a little, especially with his tech tricks/lines. But with Verso he just went all-in with his skill set, especially his "quick feet" type of tricks, yet it all still came out aesthetically pleasing.

Thank you Marc!

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1291 on: October 03, 2019, 01:29:21 PM »
imagine getting kooked for 38 pages for delaying your part until it was hyped to the point you could never live up to it, and then still blowing everybody's mind and exceeding expectations.

Unless you're Milton Martinez, any footage you were saving to try get SOTY, you're best to save it for next year. It's Mark or Milton, for sure.
Milton's gnarly but Mark is tasteful. I could see it go either way but Mark has got the momentum: Dime sw back 5050, thrasher cover and interview a few months ago, recent Habitat trip, and now this.

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #1292 on: October 03, 2019, 01:32:16 PM »
Best part maybe ever. That last section is bananas, just the hardest ledge tricks back to back to back.

Is he shopping for a new board sponsor? Is Habitat doing anything?
p-shuvs and v-flips

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #1293 on: October 03, 2019, 01:32:47 PM »
Expand Quote
imagine getting kooked for 38 pages for delaying your part until it was hyped to the point you could never live up to it, and then still blowing everybody's mind and exceeding expectations.

Unless you're Milton Martinez, any footage you were saving to try get SOTY, you're best to save it for next year. It's Mark or Milton, for sure.
[close]
Milton's gnarly but Mark is tasteful. I could see it go either way but Mark has got the momentum: Dime sw back 5050, thrasher cover and interview a few months ago, recent Habitat trip, and now this.

Gnarly is Thrasher's aesthetic after all. Mark is the other end of the spectrum. Milton's momentum is built mostly from what he did last year. Still has to deliver something major in 19. Can't wait to see what it is.

Ed boy

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1294 on: October 03, 2019, 01:35:41 PM »
Wow that was a work of art. The skating, filming/production was on point.

This is hands down the best part of the year, hope he gets SOTY

thebacker

« Reply #1295 on: October 03, 2019, 01:36:26 PM »

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
« Reply #1296 on: October 03, 2019, 01:41:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Gnarly is Thrasher's aesthetic after all. Mark is the other end of the spectrum. Milton's momentum is built mostly from what he did last year. Still has to deliver something major in 19. Can't wait to see what it is.
exactly. This is my personal SOTY part for sure, but Milton fits the Thrasher aesthetic to a T, and there are rumours of crazy tricks he is said to have filmed this year that haven't been released yet.
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1297 on: October 03, 2019, 01:46:21 PM »
Hey guys I've been asleep for the past few months. What's been going on? How bout this Suciu part huh?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 174
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1298 on: October 03, 2019, 01:46:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
exactly. This is my personal SOTY part for sure, but Milton fits the Thrasher aesthetic to a T, and there are rumours of crazy tricks he is said to have filmed this year that haven't been released yet.

I'd still love Bobby Worrest to get SOTY, but you can't deny how earthshaking Suciu's part was. I don't see how Suciu doesn't win it.

euro tm

« Reply #1299 on: October 03, 2019, 01:49:40 PM »
if Whole Foods was a skateboarder, it'd be Mark Suciu.  He's extremely talented though

also hearing Playground Love reminded me of Dan Murphy and Tyler Tufty's part in Carolina Love

glad someone else caught that.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #1300 on: October 03, 2019, 01:52:38 PM »
fucking beirut, I can' believe I liked this band when I was 18. Almost ruined the beginning of the part for me. Then fucking Air comes, that felt like a relief.
Insane shit all around
check my music

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #1301 on: October 03, 2019, 01:52:54 PM »
He’s a wizard

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #1302 on: October 03, 2019, 01:54:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Also thought it was funny to put so much emphasis on back noseblunt on blubba when Rohan did that maybe 13 years ago.
[close]
ugh did he really though?
[close]

If I recall it was mad booger and to fakie.
[close]

https://youtu.be/pJHI-oD7DvE?t=137
[close]

My point is that we’ve already seen it. Of course suciu did it better but why would you put so much emphasis on it when someone basically did it, albeit not as good, 15 years ago (alphabet city came out in 2004)

My critiques of the part are with his editor, not the skating. Too long, too much filler, tough music choices, and put together strangely.

If this were 3.5 minutes of the best footage in there,  and then a 7 minute raw footage clip was released after, it would have been so much better.

Less is more in this case.

That back noseblunt slide is in the middle of the ledge

they put emphasis on it because of how well it was executed, aka style matters.
Not to ding how gnar that is that Billy did it, especially several years ago, but there's really no comparison

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1223
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1303 on: October 03, 2019, 02:02:09 PM »
Why are people comparing this to MJ's part in fully flared? while there was some obviously amazing classic MJ clips throughout it was mostly gross pudwill esque lipslide combo shit on berra style A-frame ledges, This is just straight up incredible tasteful skating.

Congrats on the boycott though guys, how long did that last?

sharkbarf

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1304 on: October 03, 2019, 02:06:12 PM »
Ok that was good.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1305 on: October 03, 2019, 02:17:24 PM »
Ok... that was one of the most impressive things I’ve ever seen.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #1306 on: October 03, 2019, 02:25:44 PM »
Timeless once in a decade type part. Hand him the trophy.

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 45
« Reply #1307 on: October 03, 2019, 02:30:19 PM »
This was amazing, mark on some Alexander pope shit. shalom to the posters that break some shit down to show how meticulously crafted it is.

I really believe he'll be one of the greatest of this era, having the whole package.

Favourites would be the sideways transfer, quadrupple cellar door ollie and the fakie flip front 5-0 bs 180. Also love just seeing 50-50s

Truly amazing. Might also be the most tasteful pro out there.

Gonna watch it again now.

KRKD1

« Reply #1308 on: October 03, 2019, 02:38:44 PM »
Damn. That back feeble line with the board slide alley opp 270 or whatever out up that rail did some weird shit to my brain.

So much going on here. As expected from of dude of his caliber but than again at times I was completely blown away. What's the phrase controlled chaos? Casual carnage? Some real sick shit in sweaters, that was wild. Some of those tricks you just don't do not because they arent possible, but because anybody else some of those just wouldnt look as good or effortless.

So talented but the charm is in those simple intricacies of what he does on a skateboard. Its unreal. That had a different sort of feel to it. Took me back to a different era and the future all in the same time. This dudes always had the hype but fuck this was fresh. Between the scenery the soundtrack and the trick selection it just was astehicstically pleasing. Skill wise what can you say theres no one doing it quite like this. Not looking that good while skating that creatively and at that caliber. That was too good.

SubCurban Commando

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1309 on: October 03, 2019, 02:41:07 PM »
The audacity of some of you morons complaining that this was too long.

Slappers be slappin; skating will never change.

This.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #1310 on: October 03, 2019, 02:47:54 PM »
Third watch, favorite part is atill at 6:44 with the 180, switch front shove, nollie off the little piece sticking up, then 180 again. Such quick footwork.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -218
« Reply #1311 on: October 03, 2019, 02:55:33 PM »
11 minutes fuck off

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1312 on: October 03, 2019, 03:08:04 PM »
def good   that nollie 3 was the stand out for me     not quite the re watch factor that Bledsoes huf thing had.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
« Reply #1313 on: October 03, 2019, 03:08:56 PM »
Thesis:
2 beirut songs, jesus what a candy ass.
Antithesis:
Expand Quote
Gentlemen, please. We’re all speculating and raising our expectations so wildly that the final product will ultimately disappoint no matter what it is.
[close]
unless it's a nollie flip suciu amirite?!
Synthesis:
a nollie heel suciu grind. he's Jesus and I'm the candy ass.

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #1314 on: October 03, 2019, 03:13:01 PM »
i hope they release the raw footy so someone can edit this down to 5 minutes

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #1315 on: October 03, 2019, 03:15:25 PM »
Why are people comparing this to MJ's part in fully flared? while there was some obviously amazing classic MJ clips throughout it was mostly gross pudwill esque lipslide combo shit on berra style A-frame ledges, This is just straight up incredible tasteful skating.

Congrats on the boycott though guys, how long did that last?

There is like 30 seconds of that in MJ's part out of  like 10 minutes..
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 03:17:18 PM by stephop »

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #1316 on: October 03, 2019, 03:18:21 PM »
Should of been shorter, a great part but not worth the hype, it won’t stand the test of time like pjwhl or classic Rowley/Reynolds/Daewon parts for example.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

BehindTheLens

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1317 on: October 03, 2019, 03:18:57 PM »
Damn. That back feeble line with the board slide alley opp 270 or whatever out up that rail did some weird shit to my brain.

You guys can kook me if you want cus I know snowboarding gets some hate on here but we call that a front board pretzel 270. Super fun trick on a snowboard, I can't even fathom doing it on a skateboard.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #1318 on: October 03, 2019, 03:20:27 PM »
Bravo

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #1319 on: October 03, 2019, 03:22:18 PM »
If someone’s actually re-editing this, throw in the ghost busters theme he skated to when he was like twelve.