Author Topic: Mark Suciu 'Verso'  (Read 246761 times)

What a find

Re: Mark Suciu 'Verso'
« Reply #1650 on: October 12, 2019, 03:31:12 PM »
What is the name of the 2nd song?

dallou

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #1651 on: October 12, 2019, 04:09:33 PM »
What is the name of the 2nd song?
air - playground love
check my music

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1652 on: October 12, 2019, 04:22:05 PM »
  Yah im gonna go ahead and say that just a more fun and a more improvised part would have more enjoyable to watch from him tho, just saying.  This parts good cause hes good not cause of the dumb concept.   Maybe he felt the unstructured feel good part is over done -who knows?
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1653 on: October 12, 2019, 07:07:03 PM »
Expand Quote
That's all fine and dandy but in each section where he flips his board he goes either goes nollie or fakie in both A and B. But in section 4 he goes nollie in A then goes switch in B. He fucked up his own verso.
[close]

No he didn't because the motions are the same when you ignore forward momentum.
thank you

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1654 on: October 12, 2019, 07:14:58 PM »
I feel like as a pro skater he could have done at least a 5-0 at the start and end of that section instead of 5050..:

you really think mark would do that .. that’s like starting a sentence with a conjunction . think about the verso; it’s structured
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
« Reply #1655 on: October 13, 2019, 04:53:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Noooo I’m getting old but don’t wanna learn tranny please don’t make me. I have literally zero tranny skills but people keep saying it’s the move for the old and injured
[close]

same, learn to carve? noooooooo
[close]

When it’s time I’ll retire to curbs and manuals, fuck a rock and roll.

Also grinds on the top of banks are fun and don’t require popping, on the days where my knee sucks that what I do.
maaaan you can still fuck yourself up on curbs. I rolled my front ankle a week ago but still wanted to skate, so went out for some "low impact" stuff a few days ago and slipped out on a slappy crooks, rolled my back ankle outwards really bad and now i'm posted up in a moonboot for at least a week.
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
« Reply #1656 on: October 13, 2019, 06:18:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Noooo I’m getting old but don’t wanna learn tranny please don’t make me. I have literally zero tranny skills but people keep saying it’s the move for the old and injured
[close]

[close]

Also grinds on the top of banks are fun and don’t require popping, on the days where my knee sucks that what I do.
[close]
maaaan you can still fuck yourself up on curbs. I rolled my front ankle a week ago but still wanted to skate, so went out for some "low impact" stuff a few days ago and slipped out on a slappy crooks, rolled my back ankle outwards really bad and now i'm posted up in a moonboot for at least a week.
  Ha my buddy put an actual dent in his head from a curb.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

DotGuru

• Rep: 23
« Reply #1657 on: October 13, 2019, 07:14:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
  Ha my buddy put an actual dent in his head from a curb.

I broke my arm on a curb--badly, too. I fell on my back on the edge of the curb with my arm pinned behind me. Bone didn't quite break the skin, but close.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1658 on: October 13, 2019, 07:36:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yea nothing is safe tbh. I’m low impact now but still dislocated my shoulder skating flatground lol

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #1659 on: October 13, 2019, 10:26:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Yea nothing is safe tbh. I’m low impact now but still dislocated my shoulder skating flatground lol

Facts. I hit a microscopic pebble setting up for a half cab flip and did a diving elbow like trying to pull a finishing move on the concrete.

Everything hurt, my neck, my back, my pelvis, and my crack.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #1660 on: October 13, 2019, 10:59:53 PM »
alright groms we get it, you suck. Now back to arguing about smart kid

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #1661 on: October 14, 2019, 10:25:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Facts. I hit a microscopic pebble setting up for a half cab flip and did a diving elbow like trying to pull a finishing move on the concrete.

I feel like that last sentence was a line in a female rap song for twerkers
Gentleman ninja warlock

wurfnnjs

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1662 on: October 14, 2019, 03:36:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

wheelbit once on flat, flew off and hit my hip so badly that I was limping for a month.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
« Reply #1663 on: October 14, 2019, 06:40:34 PM »
Someone can explain to me which the concept behind this video..

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #1664 on: October 14, 2019, 10:15:08 PM »
What, you don’t wanna read through over 1,500 posts in this thread?

Watch the last section of the part again and you’ll figure it out. I’ll bet you’re more observant than everyone on the Nine Club. Hint: the first and last trick of that section are the same.

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #1665 on: October 14, 2019, 10:21:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Watch the last section of the part again and you’ll figure it out. I’ll bet you’re more observant than everyone on the Nine Club. Hint: the first and last trick of that section are the same.

So he just has a very limited repertoire? Figured it out.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #1666 on: October 14, 2019, 10:32:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I feel like that last sentence was a line in a female rap song for twerkers

You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
« Reply #1667 on: October 15, 2019, 04:23:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

So he just has a very limited repertoire? Figured it out.

I thought it was every trick he did before in regular base. Now he did switch..and vice verso.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #1668 on: October 15, 2019, 04:44:48 AM »
Suciu must have hated Arto's Sorry part. It was too obvious he was murdering shit both ways to start the part.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1669 on: October 15, 2019, 09:33:31 AM »
I'm still struggling to figure out his claim that Heath Kirchart's Mind Field ender doesn't work because it lends itself to one-up-manship, when the entire point of that ender is that:

1. Heath one-ups himself within those two final clips, because he does the kickflip (that everyone already saw and is ender-worthy already) at the apex of the song and boom, the part keeps going and he does the backside flip in all black, and...

2. the first trick in his Stay Gold part is a frontside flip over the same gap in all white. There's continuity, there's presence, he did three amazing tricks over that gap, we remember those tricks. Sure, he got one-upped, but we still call it the Heath gap.

Same thing with his Stay Gold "ender," - the kickflip over the hydrant isn't the trick, the hill bomb and the flick off is the trick. It goes beyond the actual act of skateboarding, it's a personality thing, a presence thing.

Honestly, the vibe I get is that the only skateboarding Mark Suciu wants to intellectualize is his own.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #1670 on: October 15, 2019, 09:37:09 AM »
I'm still struggling to figure out his claim that Heath Kirchart's Mind Field ender doesn't work because it lends itself to one-up-manship, when the entire point of that ender is that:

1. Heath one-ups himself within those two final clips, because he does the kickflip (that everyone already saw and is ender-worthy already) at the apex of the song and boom, the part keeps going and he does the backside flip in all black, and...

2. the first trick in his Stay Gold part is a frontside flip over the same gap in all white. There's continuity, there's presence, he did three amazing tricks over that gap, we remember those tricks. Sure, he got one-upped, but we still call it the Heath gap.

Same thing with his Stay Gold "ender," - the kickflip over the hydrant isn't the trick, the hill bomb and the flick off is the trick. It goes beyond the actual act of skateboarding, it's a personality thing, a presence thing.

Honestly, the vibe I get is that the only skateboarding Mark Suciu wants to intellectualize is his own.

I wish skateboarders would just skate. Mark is a great skateboarder but every time I read an interview I like him less with his "trying to be smart/actually being smart" no one cares just skate
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #1671 on: October 15, 2019, 04:52:39 PM »
I don't wish "skaters would just skate" but in the range of what heckler said, i was surprised mark is too one-track minded to understand those heath tricks.
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1672 on: October 15, 2019, 06:23:38 PM »
I don't wish "skaters would just skate" but in the range of what heckler said, i was surprised mark is too one-track minded to understand those heath tricks.

Skateboarding was so much better before we were able to actually get into their minds via social media.
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #1673 on: October 15, 2019, 08:13:35 PM »

wut?

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #1674 on: October 15, 2019, 10:08:19 PM »

Interesting.
 One minor quibble: flick off. Maybe that’s a regional thing? I mean I guess flip off doesn’t make anymore sense....maybe it’s not regional? I feel like flick off is for the religious, or younger people, but like younger people 20 years ago. And none of that probably applies to you, unless it does. Truly doesn’t matter. Now it’s all I can think about. I am sorry.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #1675 on: October 15, 2019, 11:00:16 PM »
Fuck, marry, kill. Suciu, Gillette, AA. Who’s it gonna be?
Fuck Mark. He probably has a small dick. Kill Austyn. He seems like the biggest douche. I guess all that's left is Marry AA? Hopefully he can support me after skating is done for him.

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
« Reply #1676 on: October 15, 2019, 11:30:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I wish skateboarders would just skate. Mark is a great skateboarder but every time I read an interview I like him less with his "trying to be smart/actually being smart" no one cares just skate
this is a dumbass take my guy.
Why read an interview if you wish they would "just skate". Let him do what he wants, for his reasons. It's a great part even if you don't know about the verso stuff. Just don't think about it too hard. He's not hurting you, he gave you a free part and you didn't have to watch it or read this thread, you could "just skate".
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 02:32:37 AM by Switch FS K-Swiss Grind »
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1677 on: October 16, 2019, 02:39:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I watched it again. Still good. Wife even watched it with me and did not complain.
[close]
I've watched it 5 times now.

I'm going to make my wife watch it with me when she's feeling better. Last night she had to leave the room saying the tricks were too fast and the fisheye was making her feel nauseous.
[close]

My wife watched it with me on my second viewing. When we went to bed she said she had that last song stuck in her head.
[close]
Suciu seems like the type of dude that would be stoked that you guys are watching his part with your wives, and loved ones, bringing families together and shit like that. And I mean that in the best possible way. Part was bananas.
Actually judging by his interviews he seems like the type of the dude that would berate you for not watching skate videos in the "proper way."

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1678 on: October 16, 2019, 03:35:08 AM »
let's get some gifs up in this bitch!

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1679 on: October 16, 2019, 05:00:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
this is a dumbass take my guy.
Why read an interview if you wish they would "just skate". Let him do what he wants, for his reasons. It's a great part even if you don't know about the verso stuff. Just don't think about it too hard. He's not hurting you, he gave you a free part and you didn't have to watch it or read this thread, you could "just skate".

I didn't say any thing about the part or his skating. I don't enjoy reading interviews about taking skateboarding too serious or coming off as taking it too serious. It's skateboarding, the industry is a bunch of men riding a toy for a living. Treat it as such.