Author Topic: Motorsport  (Read 1430 times)

TW3rd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Motorsport
« on: July 18, 2019, 02:36:35 AM »
Any pals that follow motorsport of any kind feel free to discuss what series you watch and why.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
Re: Motorsport
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 03:01:05 AM »
WRC when it is on. Everything else is just terrible.

I still don't understand how F1 can be so big. In my entire life met only two guys who followed it, both autistic.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 06:17:21 AM »
i don't ride a motorcycle but I enjoy Supercross and Motocross. 

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 326
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 04:53:37 PM »
WRC is nuts. Ups to anyone who does that or rally in general.

I’m into driving long lost forest service and BLM roads via the hooved 4WD vehicles of the world.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 11:49:43 AM »
I've seen a couple f1 races in person. Fucking gnar. I like circuit tracks more than ovals

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 12:14:29 AM »
By the way: have you ever raced?

I have only done go cart once and it was pretty brutal. Oh yeah, raced my own "time trials" on icy roads in northern Sweden. Fun but dangerous as fuck.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 03:13:36 PM »
I've never actually raced besides Go-Karts, but I was playing assetto corsa for a while. A nice steering wheel and pedals with force feedback is so much fun.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 04:18:10 PM »
I watch the Endurance shit

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 02:43:42 AM »
I work in the industry... it is even more whingey than skateboarding

Favourite stuff is the 2 wheel stuff ... MotoGP as it is actually interesting to watch, WSBK is ok REA is really good on the Kwaka, MX (turn down the commentators)... suzuka 8 hours is on this weekend... should be interesting

F1 is boring... but at least Honda have improved 1000 times since they came back (it sucked dealing with all of their crud when they came back in)

Rally... they are bringing back rally Japan in 2021 (hopefully work lets us go to watch a stage or too).. Toyota are also developing a new rally vehicle too (redoing the hilux for south east Asian rally series (Thai) and something else)

WEC would be better if LMP1 wasn't just Toyota vs Toyota... hopefully the hyper car series solves that...

Super GT was killed by the GTA, DTM and Bosch and is a big mess behind the scenes

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 03:54:59 AM »
Question: how the fuck do you even start in motorsport? I mean, with most sports you sign up, buy some gear and you're good to go. The entry barrier for motorsport must be huge.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019, 07:09:30 AM »
I work in the industry... it is even more whingey than skateboarding

Favourite stuff is the 2 wheel stuff ... MotoGP as it is actually interesting to watch, WSBK is ok REA is really good on the Kwaka, MX (turn down the commentators)... suzuka 8 hours is on this weekend... should be interesting

F1 is boring... but at least Honda have improved 1000 times since they came back (it sucked dealing with all of their crud when they came back in)

Rally... they are bringing back rally Japan in 2021 (hopefully work lets us go to watch a stage or too).. Toyota are also developing a new rally vehicle too (redoing the hilux for south east Asian rally series (Thai) and something else)

WEC would be better if LMP1 wasn't just Toyota vs Toyota... hopefully the hyper car series solves that...

Super GT was killed by the GTA, DTM and Bosch and is a big mess behind the scenes

Yea the LMP1 race this year wasn't that great and all that hype around Fernando Alanzo for the last 2yrs has been annoying,  its interesting that Gazoo Racing can't seem to get into the GTE-Pro races, thats where I think the real interest in LeMans has been.  Also looking forward to the hypercars, the LMP cars aren't that interesting to see anymore.

Also agree F1 is boring

TW3rd

• Rep: 0
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2019, 11:57:02 PM »

Mother Goose.

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2019, 02:28:10 AM »
less aero, less tech f1? ditch hermann tilke tracks for more organic legacy road courses? ditch monaco gp? more independent teams a la minardi, stewart, arrows. no chicanes, lol. oh and v12s. us gp east and west at both laguna seca and idk, watkins glen. never happening. i miss cart and alms. any macau races on two wheels or four are great. mercedes clr and audi r8 lmp are still the best looking endurance cars imo. the last 24 hours of le mans i watched was in 2003. bentley won that. drivers like boris said and ron fellows racing in various series. is bathurst circuit in australia still active. having speedvision was awesome before fox fucked it all up as the speed channel.

Skibb

• Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2019, 01:53:02 AM »
Heck yeah. High-end track racing is heaps fun, but I've really fallen in love with shit like this where the stakes are lower, team orders non-existent and press conferences most likely are happening without cameras at a local pub:

peptobismol

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2020, 06:14:27 PM »
i follow motogp and the tt. i also like watching old group b races.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2192
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2020, 09:27:36 PM »
Though this year is a write off, I usually follow MotoGP, WSBK, British SBK, the TT, some flat track stuff too.
Don’t much care for motocross, though.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

peptobismol

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2020, 09:38:11 PM »
Though this year is a write off, I usually follow MotoGP, WSBK, British SBK, the TT, some flat track stuff too.
Don’t much care for motocross, though.

WSBK is cool but kinda boring since its been the johnny rea show......kinda the same with motogp being the marc marquez show, though this season is cool especially with ktm finally winning a race. i remember watching brad binder dominate moto3 and now he got his first motogp victory on his 3rd race. i love watching flat track in person, one day ill get out there. i dont like watching moto/super cross either but that shit does look fun to do. do you have any bikes?

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2192
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2020, 10:14:11 AM »
Had a bunch over the years.
Sold the last 3 out of my garage when the 1st kid came along, because I wanted to live to see him grow up; I barely trust myself to be safe, & I sure as heck don’t put an ounce of faith into the Bay Area drivers with their faces buried in their phones. Put the $$$ into a college fund for the li’l dude & promised myself that if I still wanted one, I’d treat myself to whatever bike I fancied, once the kid(s) we’re grown & out of the house.
Something for me to look forward to 15 (more likely 20) years from now.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

peptobismol

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2020, 02:16:02 PM »
Had a bunch over the years.
Sold the last 3 out of my garage when the 1st kid came along, because I wanted to live to see him grow up; I barely trust myself to be safe, & I sure as heck don’t put an ounce of faith into the Bay Area drivers with their faces buried in their phones. Put the $$$ into a college fund for the li’l dude & promised myself that if I still wanted one, I’d treat myself to whatever bike I fancied, once the kid(s) we’re grown & out of the house.
Something for me to look forward to 15 (more likely 20) years from now.

you can always just get a dirt bike and hit the trails!
riding in the bay area is fucking cancer. i used to have a 120 mile round trip commute to berkeley from the valley on a vfr, very glad to not do that anymore