Author Topic: The Death of the @feedback_ts Project  (Read 26981 times)

HugeBodBoyle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: The Death of the @feedback_ts Project
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2019, 12:27:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ted is partially the reason that I got back into skating after a VERY long hiatus and for that I am grateful.

I get the stickers as often as I can. He always replies to questions, and I appreciate that as a fellow human in their 40's, like me, he is still growing as a person and finding value in different viewpoints.

Skateboarding is better when there is someone ripping on the little shits for their little shit.
[close]

Honestly curious. What about that made you want to start skating again?
[close]

Seeing someone in their 40's still at it. Someone who was college educated, working, but still immersed in skateboarding. I've probably told the story here a few times, but I quit skating at age 19 and rode BMX from then until about this time last year. But skateboarding was always the first love and following the Feedback account did nothing but strengthen that feeling of wanting to be a part of this all again.
[close]

You're a bmxer dude what are you doing here?
[close]

More than you? I dunno.
[close]

More what than me?
[close]

Cooking skin side down.
[close]

Probably so. I don't eat fish.

It's not for everyone. Bears like it, tho.

Jacob Gary

« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2019, 12:32:06 PM »
Expand Quote
can i get a tl;dr?
[close]

ted's dead, baby. ted's dead

I hope you get kooked to oblivion for this.

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2019, 01:07:50 PM »
When he called the guy a “fucking snowboarder” for doing a backflip I knew he was worth the follow.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -679
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2019, 02:52:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ted is partially the reason that I got back into skating after a VERY long hiatus and for that I am grateful.

I get the stickers as often as I can. He always replies to questions, and I appreciate that as a fellow human in their 40's, like me, he is still growing as a person and finding value in different viewpoints.

Skateboarding is better when there is someone ripping on the little shits for their little shit.
[close]

[close]

Seeing someone in their 40's still at it. Someone who was college educated, working, but still immersed in skateboarding. I've probably told the story here a few times, but I quit skating at age 19 and rode BMX from then until about this time last year. But skateboarding was always the first love and following the Feedback account did nothing but strengthen that feeling of wanting to be a part of this all again.
[close]

[close]

More than you? I dunno.
[close]

More what than me?
[close]

Cooking skin side down.
[close]

[close]

I wanna like it though cause fish is seriously good for your body. I just don't like the texture and smell.  I have to get over it.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Jacob Gary

« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2019, 04:22:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
can i get a tl;dr?
[close]

ted's dead, baby. ted's dead
[close]

I hope you get kooked to oblivion for this.

Looks like I got kooked to oblivion for that, well played pals.

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 742
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2019, 04:26:35 PM »
dude was thiiis close to getting a corny nike colourway. premature, if you ask me.

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2019, 08:03:25 PM »
wait -- so the dude who does this Stoke Much zine contacted feedback ted's work to complain about his instagram account, leading to feedback ted getting fired?

foureyedjim

« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2019, 09:52:50 PM »
whatever your take on his schtick, it got his foot-in-the-door, so ted wins...

Foot in what door?  He wasn't just a random nobody that people just happened to notice last year.  He's been around (he'll repost the same clips of him skating in New york as a 20 something guy in his stories haha!)

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2019, 10:49:12 PM »
Feedback Ted was the best thing to happen to skate media since the slap forum. Street Phelps. Lovable, opinionated, smart asshole.
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

feedmeseymour

« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2019, 04:12:41 AM »
wait -- so the dude who does this Stoke Much zine contacted feedback ted's work to complain about his instagram account, leading to feedback ted getting fired?
That’s the word on the streets. Shit ain’t shalom.

hashbrowns

• Rep: -9
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2019, 11:02:29 AM »
If I recall correctly this whole thing started with Ted somewhat aggressively defending his controversial(see the ten pages of comments) opinion piece on Jenkem http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2019/01/07/skateboarding-not-art/ and has less to do with @feedback_ts than him being a person in the art world telling skateboarders that they aren't artists.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3422
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2019, 11:29:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

More than you? I dunno.
[close]

More what than me?
[close]

Cooking skin side down.
[close]

[close]

So BA's husband loves fish.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 780
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2019, 11:40:35 AM »
If I recall correctly this whole thing started with Ted somewhat aggressively defending his controversial(see the ten pages of comments) opinion piece on Jenkem http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2019/01/07/skateboarding-not-art/ and has less to do with @feedback_ts than him being a person in the art world telling skateboarders that they aren't artists.
>

haha that comment section is gold.

> how the daffy adresses the duality of man

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2019, 12:08:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

More than you? I dunno.
[close]

More what than me?
[close]

Cooking skin side down.
[close]

[close]

[close]

So BA's husband loves fish.

WE'RE HERE.

WE'RE QUEER.

WE DON'T WANT ANYMORE BEARS.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2019, 04:36:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Feedback Ted was the best thing to happen to skate media since the slap forum. Street Phelps. Lovable, opinionated, smart asshole.
[close]

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856

ibuproficient

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2019, 06:14:47 PM »
Which. Person. Here. Is. Ted. Posting.

?

I know you’re here, you son of a bitch.
-It's a goddamned toy, and you're acting like a child.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2019, 06:43:38 PM »
Which. Person. Here. Is. Ted. Posting.

?

I know you’re here, you son of a bitch.

why are you typing like that? for emphasis? it doesn't work like that

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

ibuproficient

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2019, 05:33:03 AM »

Yes. To illustrate the physical act of scanning. each. post. carefully.

Speaking of established standards, how about capitalizing the beginning of our sentences?

It’s not you I’m looking for.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 05:46:07 AM by ibuproficient »
-It's a goddamned toy, and you're acting like a child.

Slappadabass

• Rep: -12
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2019, 07:21:58 AM »

I don’t know what’s going on at all.. but whoever the person is that said skateboarders ARE NOT artists, that’s my hero. Hearing people my whole life try to say skating is an art form/way of life and that skateboarders are artists.. shit drove me nuts how dumb and irrelevant of a comparison that is. Glad I’m not the only one that see it that way. A skateboard is a toy, not a paintbrush

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2019, 09:49:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don’t know what’s going on at all.. but whoever the person is that said skateboarders ARE NOT artists, that’s my hero. Hearing people my whole life try to say skating is an art form/way of life and that skateboarders are artists.. shit drove me nuts how dumb and irrelevant of a comparison that is. Glad I’m not the only one that see it that way. A skateboard is a toy, not a paintbrush

You sound like everyone I went to art school with.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

hashbrowns

• Rep: -9
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2019, 12:53:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, basically the stokemuch guy tried to write a rebuttal piece on why skateboarding is art, Jenkem denied it and Ted basically kept aggressively defending his point of view rather than engaging in a back and forth conversation with the guy from stokemuch or any of the other people in the 10 pages of comments on his piece.

If you're going to just tell people they don't know anything about art and you're right and you aren't willing to discuss with anyone to hear their points of view you shouldn't be publishing opinion pieces. that inflexibility is a terrible trait to have as a curator or person working in an official capacity in the art world and when his employers were made aware of his methods of talking about art with the public they weren't stoked.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1395
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2019, 03:10:49 PM »
Yeah, basically the stokemuch guy tried to write a rebuttal piece on why skateboarding is art, Jenkem denied it and Ted basically kept aggressively defending his point of view rather than engaging in a back and forth conversation with the guy from stokemuch or any of the other people in the 10 pages of comments on his piece.

If you're going to just tell people they don't know anything about art and you're right and you aren't willing to discuss with anyone to hear their points of view you shouldn't be publishing opinion pieces. that inflexibility is a terrible trait to have as a curator or person working in an official capacity in the art world and when his employers were made aware of his methods of talking about art with the public they weren't stoked much.
unreadable trap logo

fongool

• Rep: 94
« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2019, 05:42:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

If you're going to just tell people they don't know anything about art and you're right and you aren't willing to discuss with anyone to hear their points of view you shouldn't be publishing opinion pieces. that inflexibility is a terrible trait to have as a curator or person working in an official capacity in the art world and when his employers were made aware of his methods of talking about art with the public they weren't stoked.

incredible if true

was this with the Hudson River Museum?

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 375
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2019, 05:59:50 PM »
I read Ted’s piece and thought about writing a counter opinion for like 30 seconds, haha. I’m curious to read whatever @stokedmuch wrote and also know why it was rejected? If it’s a shitty argument, sure, but if it wasn’t run just because it was a rebuttal that’s lame. 
Ted is obviously smart and extremely well educated, but he’s dead wrong on that front in my opinion.

All that being said, if that dude snitched to his employers that’s so fucked. Undeserving.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 06:02:20 PM by mattchew »
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2019, 06:53:55 PM »
fucking hell. i mean ted was funny when it was a post a day about some random clip.
some of the art stuff was also fairly interesting after he blew up.

but that some fucking person fuck head scumbag decided to put his account on blast to his job is a low that i can never understand. go fuck yourself fucktard.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2019, 07:00:58 PM »
It's Ted's fault for putting himself out there,  he should've worn a Guy Fawkes mask.

Tarifs are Real

« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2019, 08:23:35 PM »
That Jenkem article was pure cringe...I don't participate in martial arts but martial arts and dancing instantly shuts down their theory. Just thinking about how different people are, skating the same thing, like slappy curbs from Daewon to Jason Adams, I mean seriously. It's obviously a toy, a tool, a sport, and an art form.

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2020, 12:53:55 PM »
Was curious if this was ever discussed on Slap.   

Well the predictions were wrong.   Feedback is still doing it.   Maybe not the same extent but still.

Dorkmuch seems to have shut up and still making shitty collages of skaters surfing.  Fuck anyone that would mess with someones income because they didn't like an opinion. 

"Skate is Art"    That's not even a fucking sentence and the dude makes a "magazine".

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
« Reply #119 on: March 03, 2020, 06:59:29 PM »
Was curious if this was ever discussed on Slap.   

Well the predictions were wrong.   Feedback is still doing it.   Maybe not the same extent but still.

Dorkmuch seems to have shut up and still making shitty collages of skaters surfing.  Fuck anyone that would mess with someones income because they didn't like an opinion. 

"Skate is Art"    That's not even a fucking sentence and the dude makes a "magazine".
The one time I felt bad for Ted.