Author Topic: Steve Caballero | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 155  (Read 7956 times)

slobplant

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -12
Re: Steve Caballero | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 155
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2019, 05:27:03 AM »
Just saw him arguing with some biker kids on the instagram about how a fakie 180 on a bike isn't a half cab...

feedmeseymour

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2019, 02:49:47 PM »
Cab is in tears about his envy for tony hawk and crob asks why they call high top cabs, half cabs.

Fucking classic.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 02:51:59 PM by feedmeseymour »

Austen Seaholmes

• Rep: 1
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2019, 04:55:45 PM »
Just saw him arguing with some biker kids on the instagram about how a fakie 180 on a bike isn't a half cab...
it still strikes a nerve when I hear scooter/bmx/blade/snow nerds using skate trick names - epically when named after a skater(i.e. cab, smith, etc). 

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2019, 06:38:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
it still strikes a nerve when I hear scooter/bmx/blade/snow nerds using skate trick names - epically when named after a skater(i.e. cab, smith, etc).
  'frontside/backside' is from surfing.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2019, 07:02:33 PM »
He really must have hated the fuck out of Tony and Rowley to feel that guilty so many years later. Boring episode unfortunately, they don't even talk about his boardslides or street skating.

What happened with Tony & Rowley? Please elaborate, not gonna watch

Mongey

• Rep: -5
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2019, 12:46:14 AM »
Tough one to evaluate. I really appreciated his honesty both in himself and the financial  stuff.

Parts were hard to get through though. Nothing worse than having to listen to someone tell you how they approach life over and over.

stokedtrout

• Rep: 4
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2019, 01:11:42 AM »
Expand Quote
He really must have hated the fuck out of Tony and Rowley to feel that guilty so many years later. Boring episode unfortunately, they don't even talk about his boardslides or street skating.
[close]

He was talking about when Hawk was getting all the coverage on ESPN mid 90s and he felt quite jealous about it at the time. Then skateboarding came back from the dead (commercially) and he eventually got put in THPS2 (i think it was that one) and he got paid like $250000.

Then he was talking about how his shoe had been selling constantly for years and years but then Rowley came along with the first Rowley pro. They cut his royalties and started putting shit loads of Rowley ads out. He again felt some resentment because he was getting shunted. In the end, Rowley's shoe brought Vans back from the dead which in turn boosted his own sales eventually.

He told these stories as some kind of example about how we're often short sighted when bad things happen. He said it's normal for us to not be able to see beyond the negative way things happen at the time, and his vibe is that you should just always try to be humble because you never really know what's going to happen down the road. He seemed to show a lot of remorse for negging on Hawk and Rowley back then.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2019, 02:32:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

He was talking about when Hawk was getting all the coverage on ESPN mid 90s and he felt quite jealous about it at the time. Then skateboarding came back from the dead (commercially) and he eventually got put in THPS2 (i think it was that one) and he got paid like $250000.

Then he was talking about how his shoe had been selling constantly for years and years but then Rowley came along with the first Rowley pro. They cut his royalties and started putting shit loads of Rowley ads out. He again felt some resentment because he was getting shunted. In the end, Rowley's shoe brought Vans back from the dead which in turn boosted his own sales eventually.

He told these stories as some kind of example about how we're often short sighted when bad things happen. He said it's normal for us to not be able to see beyond the negative way things happen at the time, and his vibe is that you should just always try to be humble because you never really know what's going to happen down the road. He seemed to show a lot of remorse for negging on Hawk and Rowley back then.

It's pretty cool he has the self awareness to acknowledge that because it can be easy to have those feelings of resentment to someone taking your shine but then again $250000 is going to make anyone happy in the end haha

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2019, 04:11:57 AM »
Cab is in tears about his envy for tony hawk and crob asks why they call high top cabs, half cabs.

Fucking classic.
Before we get into all that lets go back a bit and talk about your trick, “the caballero”
 ;D ;D
“This fuckin guy”
     -Chris Roberts

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2019, 04:43:24 AM »
Do people really hang out drinking milk like that?

fftc

• Rep: 1
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2019, 06:08:12 AM »
He really must have hated the fuck out of Tony and Rowley to feel that guilty so many years later.

Nah, he probably feels shitty coz he knows he is going straight to hell for coveting his neighbours success! It's one of the seven deadly commandments innit.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2019, 06:28:05 AM »

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2019, 08:29:17 AM »

Kelly is injured and is drinking milk to help heal the bones or something like that. Not sure there is any science behind it but that's the reason haha.

breezer

• Rep: -17
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2019, 10:39:40 AM »
He really must have hated the fuck out of Tony and Rowley to feel that guilty so many years later.

he started crying when he recalled how resentful he felt to the other skaters featured on the hawk video game - they all got paid the same amount regardless of their status......I think the example he used was Elissa Steamer.... It was honest of him to front up about how he felt at the time. 

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2019, 11:29:04 AM »

he started crying when he recalled how resentful he felt to the other skaters featured on the hawk video game - they all got paid the same amount regardless of their status......I think the example he used was Elissa Steamer.... It was honest of him to front up about how he felt at the time.

I took as it he felt guilty about feeling resentment for the success of Tony & Rowley and felt bad later when he realized how much it ended up helping his own career. I think he just mentioned Elissa because he was talking about how anyone who was a character in those games made some bank.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2019, 11:36:39 AM »

Yeah you didn’t follow that at all.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2019, 12:45:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Kelly is injured and is drinking milk to help heal the bones or something like that. Not sure there is any science behind it but that's the reason haha.
i heard you end up pissing out most of the calcium you get from milk anyways, but im no scientist. infact, i dont want to talk to a scientist, cause they always tellin me lies, and gettin me pissed

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2211
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2019, 12:54:58 PM »
Cab is all teary eyed from the hormones in that milk. Just take vitamins or some shit and watch that bone heal.

I still laugh at the fact Cab cut me off leaving a vintage motorcycle show, and I didn't realize it until after I flipped him of. Hosoi was tailing him in minivan,fedora on,in the summer. Shaka.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2019, 02:06:07 PM »
Cab is all teary eyed from the hormones in that milk. Just take vitamins or some shit and watch that bone heal.

I still laugh at the fact Cab cut me off leaving a vintage motorcycle show, and I didn't realize it until after I flipped him of. Hosoi was tailing him in minivan,fedora on,in the summer. Shaka.

One time I was leaving the skatepark trying to turn left and had to wait for a very slow Mini-Cooper to make it's way up, only to see it turn into the park with no turn signal. I gave them a "wtf" look for wasting my time and when we locked eyes I realized it was Tony Hawk.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2019, 05:00:34 PM »
He pronounces his own name wrong.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2019, 05:56:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

One time I was leaving the skatepark trying to turn left and had to wait for a very slow Mini-Cooper to make it's way up, only to see it turn into the park with no turn signal. I gave them a "wtf" look for wasting my time and when we locked eyes I realized it was Tony Hawk.
Haha thats awesome.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2019, 07:46:38 PM »

Made my day

disintegration

• Rep: -114
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2019, 01:16:24 AM »
But Cab loves long lens

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2019, 04:59:54 AM »

born free? he was in line in front of me at the food stand and got fish tacos
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2019, 05:23:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

born free? he was in line in front of me at the food stand and got fish tacos
Yea Born Free,this was a couple years back though

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2019, 05:27:55 AM »
yeah this was before they had the ramp.  i don't think he was there this year at all.  i think it was the year bryan thompson built him that triumph
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -677
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2019, 05:55:14 AM »
Cringed when he called something "regular" and everyone died laughing.

Stop being such a pussy
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Surf-goth

« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2019, 05:57:09 AM »
what messageboard do the rich skateboarders who pay 5k for vintage decks hang out on?

Sometimes it's old guys who used to skate in their youth but now have high paying careers. I've actually met one.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Surf-goth

« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2019, 06:30:49 AM »

Fucking classic.

You have a time stamp? This sounds hilarious
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2019, 05:32:05 AM »
Where can I find the tilt mode slam he talks about?
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi