Author Topic: Best place to live  (Read 1068 times)

Utopos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
Best place to live
« on: July 22, 2019, 12:04:55 PM »
I have been living in the Midwest my entire life and am in desperate need of a change. What are the best places you guys have lived in the US? Skate scene, chill bars/night life, overall experience. 

wurfnnjs

• Rep: 0
Re: Best place to live
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 09:43:00 PM »
baltimore. a couple good spots in that city. Plus, you're not faraway from either dc or philly. and because it is a warzone, you can buy a nice single family home for one year's rent in a shit nyc apartment. And I'm talking about the safer suburbs.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 05:42:39 PM »
Hate to say it but Los angeles. If you can afford a car, you will enjoy year-round fun in the sun. I live in northern Malibu and won’t be leaving anytime soon. That’s not a flex- I’m broke as fuck.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 06:10:35 PM »
In general write a list of 2 or 3 places that look sick to you and visit.

Because of skating and friends from college I've couch surfed all up and down the east but I've only lived in New York City and the Carolinas. They're polar opposites in a good way: Shit winters vs shit summers, party going art scene vs. art communities more into craftsmanship,  good pizza vs good barbecue, blah blah.

I will recommend checking out Atlanta. It is affordable for what it offers: big city life, a lot of  single women, good food, good skate scene. The biggest negative is it probably has the 3rd or 4th worst rush hour traffic in the North America.

13Bastards

• Rep: 2
  • b2b sinner 5 hour dubstep-only
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 04:46:06 AM »
Switzerland.

the people are nice and the flag's a big plus too.

il see myself out.
Give me your instagram you fucking pussy.
give it to me then. I guarantee I can fuck you

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 01:05:51 PM »
i honestly think it's west philly. very tight knit scene, skate spots, cheap af compared to NYC (i'm talking 1/3rd the cost) east to get to NYC, DC, Baltimore etc. you can take a quick train to AC. it's easy to get out to the city. and a shot and a beer is 3 dollars. my buddies have so much money stacked from living there when they come up they go way harder than I do in New York.

i always scratch my head every time I go down there why I don't move.

some other parts of philly are GNAR though, and the girls are not nearly as hot (i'm too old for the college chicks which there are loads in university city).

if you can still skate muni and center city that's one of the best plaza's in america.

who can front on that?

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 02:04:45 PM »
Yeah Philly is a good alternative to NYC, but Atlanta got better chicks lol.

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2019, 04:49:01 PM »
Yeah Philly is a good alternative to NYC, but Atlanta got better chicks lol.

yeah atlanta is the capital of the south so that's where the popular chicks go that don't head to miami or NYC, LA.

when you think about it, chicks are shallow af. rich places = hot chicks. it's not like hot girls are known for grinding out their careers. they are there for papi's LOOT.