Author Topic: on a scale of one to a zillion how corny is mike v  (Read 9914 times)

Chavo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
Re: on a scale of one to a zillion how corny is mike v
« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2019, 12:39:37 PM »
has he ever explained this confederate flag shit?

Vallely's old car came up recently at a Barrett-Jackson auction as a real Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am (probably spec'd from the factory, not an actual prop from the movie). The front plate is actually the Georgia State flag as the was the car from the movie. It was likely still their state flag when he bought the car (it was used until 2001 and is now superseded by an actual Confederate flag--the "stars and bars"). Still, I would have replaced it with a rainbow confederate flag.

leftjab13

• Rep: 0
« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2019, 06:12:52 PM »
thats interesting. did he get some good money from the auction?
the last 30 minutes of his 9 club made the first 4.5 hrs mostly worth it.  took me days to get through it though.

Milo Yambags

« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2019, 08:01:04 PM »
Peanut Brown is like the Chris Hansen of taking down racist pro skaters. Gotcha!
Aside from not offering them Sweet tea and Cookies first

Vert Reynolds

• Rep: -32
« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2019, 10:22:29 PM »
Ed N Deanna could Bury ValleLY......Bottom Line..Bit they decided to let Sleeping dogs lye
Do You even Street Style ???

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2019, 01:18:20 AM »
mike is a legit hero in skateboarding

its easy for slap kooks to take shots at an aging athlete

but in his prime i bet you wouldn't say it to his face

YEAH, I bet Mike V as any other pro would really appreciate if every skate nerds tells their opinion face to face instead of internet, preferably when you see them randomly somewhere like grocery store.

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2019, 01:22:17 AM »
Mike V is like a yin-yang, he's done some really cool stuff but he's also a mega kook.

This. So answer to OP question I'd say half zillion.

Nollie FS 180

« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2019, 06:57:49 AM »
Peanut Brown is like the Chris Hansen of taking down racist pro skaters. Gotcha!
didn't he knock 1010 off the top of a ramp all the way to the bottom because 1010 called him a Nagger? Yes I meant nagger. I don’t want to write the real thing.
“Fuck you Amy, I love you” ~ Rick Kane

Nollie FS 180

« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2019, 09:30:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
didn't he knock 1010 off the top of a ramp all the way to the bottom because 1010 called him a Nagger? Yes I meant nagger. I don’t want to write the real thing.
[close]
My point exactly. I wonder what the real story is. I kind of doubt that all these guys just made a bee-line to a black skater around and started hurling epithets. Maybe he's some kind of super-arrogant asshole who drove people past their breaking points (not that such a thing would excuse their behavior). I seriously have no idea. Maybe someone who grew up in that East Coast scene can elaborate.
ive been to the east coast and I can assure you that the people I’ve seen do not care. I was walking past a Duane reed and this interracial couple walk by and this old dude comes out and says “naggas these days” and walks away. New Yorkers are rough

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2019, 12:30:43 PM »
Expand Quote
mike is a legit hero in skateboarding

its easy for slap kooks to take shots at an aging athlete

but in his prime i bet you wouldn't say it to his face
[close]

Hears “Old Town Road”  once and changes profile picture to himself in cowboy hat

Would have gnar’ed if account hadn’t focused.

heavy metal harvey

• Rep: -6
« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2019, 12:32:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
My point exactly. I wonder what the real story is. I kind of doubt that all these guys just made a bee-line to a black skater around and started hurling epithets. Maybe he's some kind of super-arrogant asshole who drove people past their breaking points (not that such a thing would excuse their behavior). I seriously have no idea. Maybe someone who grew up in that East Coast scene can elaborate.
[close]
ive been to the east coast and I can assure you that the people I’ve seen do not care. I was walking past a Duane reed and this interracial couple walk by and this old dude comes out and says “naggas these days” and walks away. New Yorkers are rough

i've lived on the east coast the lions share of my life and i've seen dudes get beaten unconcious at philly city hall for dropping hard r's. make of that what you will.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2019, 12:44:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
On the 1010 Nine Club (the portion I made it through) he said they got into an argument of some sort.  Then, he called Peanut Brown a nagger.  That's when he got clocked.

Nollie FS 180

« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2019, 02:43:35 PM »
No Jones he didn’t just get knocked, he got demolished by Peanut.