Author Topic: Singapour scene check  (Read 501 times)

Stoopid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Singapour scene check
« on: September 24, 2019, 11:05:37 AM »
Hello guys,

I'm a 22 yo parisian skater that will be doing a gap year for a year starting rn. I'm doing internships until late january.

I'm planning then to join my GF for a month in Singapore. I know february ain't the best time to go there but it will probably be then only time I can go for that long.

I know it ain't a problem to find skaters in Singapore if you go in the (huge) skateparks. But I'm willing to link up with street skaters with enough motivation to skate street and film, would love to bring a panasonic+fisheye set up and film locals... And maybe do a small parisian X singaporian skate event here in Paris...

Anybody can link me up some good/nice singaporian skater's instagram? Or list local brands from there?

Thanks

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Singapour scene check
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 06:27:04 PM »
The local scene is small but active; most folks skate in the parks scattered across the island. The big one is at East Coast Park with smaller pre-fab ones in at Kallang, Somerset and SCAPE. Street skating is great in the CBD and Esplanade area, best to hit the spots in the evening or weekends.
The scene is also pretty dispersed but a good starting point would be 418 Skate Shop run by Barry. It's the most active skate shop with lots of human traffic and Barry may be able to link you up with some locals.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

tranny in the streets

• Rep: 12
  • Gronk
Re: Singapour scene check
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 12:58:49 AM »
I suck massive balls skating street (and skating in general (takes me like 200 tries to not land an easy line lol)) but if you have nothing to do or nobody else to skate with I'd be down.

Hit me up any time on my messages dude.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 01:01:16 AM by tranny in the streets »

one-off

• Rep: 107
Re: Singapour scene check
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 08:46:03 AM »
used to live in Singapore, still crying I'm no longer there.

Aside from the mentioned parks, that aren't great IMHO, Raffles Place and Dhoby Ghaut MRT on Friday evenings or weekends could be good places to meet locals, in any case they're good street spots. 

As far as instagram goes, maybe try getting in touch with the triadskate people.