Author Topic: Anime  (Read 4913 times)

GGK42069

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
Re: Anime
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2021, 07:37:13 PM »
Naussica and the Valley of the Wind is one of the best science fiction stories ever

absolutely agree, probably my favorite ghibli. saw someone say that ghibli doesnt have enough blood and guts, you should try princess mononoke. some really cool themes and definitely some blood and violence in there for you.

as far as series go, my most recent favorite was gurren lagann. havent gotten into anything new in a while, maybe its time

Sifter

• Rep: 47
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2021, 08:37:08 PM »
Ninja Scroll
Wicked City
Vampire Hunter D (both)
Armitage III
Cyber City Oedo 808
Ghost in the shell (all of it)
Samurai Champloo
GenoCyber
Fist of the North Star
Trigun

I can't get into most HD, glossy Netflix anime. 

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2021, 09:17:03 AM »
watch sonny boy its seriously amazing. golden kamuy manga im at chapter 220something finally passed where the anime ends. its so good

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2022, 03:50:59 PM »
Been watching Demon Slayer for the first time and honestly its overhyped. Its just monster of the week with no real character development and real story. The animation is really good and its cool that you get some background on the demons.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 310
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2022, 07:23:15 AM »
watch sonny boy its seriously amazing. golden kamuy manga im at chapter 220something finally passed where the anime ends. its so good
i just finished sonny boy! amazing story and visuals

pro club blanks

« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2022, 11:44:53 AM »
Ranking of Kings is fantastic

I truly cannot recommend it enough
This isn’t a story with many simplistic heroes and villains. The result is a chopped salad of fairy tale structure, Game of Thrones castle intrigue, Lord of the Rings brotherhood, delicate domestic drama, and some of the most breathtaking moment-to-moment animation this side of a Ghibli film.
https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2022/4/1/23005035/best-anime-2022-ranking-of-kings-polygon-newsletter

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2022, 05:07:20 AM »

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2022, 03:47:08 AM »
Here are some of my favorites: Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, Fist of the North Star, Gundam, Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure, Full Metal Alchemist, Dragonball Z, The Animatrix, Fooly Cooly, Sailor Moon, Lupin the Third, Howl’s Moving Castle, Pokémon, Samurai Champloo, etc.

Friends have suggested Berserk, Parasyte, Lain, Perfect Blue and Trigun. Will probably watch those next (not big into modern anime and the animation tbh).

So I started watching the Netflix version of Neon Genesis Evangelion in early 2020. A friend of mine told me to ditch it and watch the original English dub instead (sorry, I’m a dub guy). My Netflix subscription expired and I totally forgot about it.

Fast forward to May 2022 and I’m now dealing with all sorts of personal/family drama. I had a strong urge to watch it all of a sudden. Then I found this awesome site

https://4anime.gg/watch/neon-genesis-evangelion-209?ep=4784

(It is chock full of anime, subbed or dubbed btw)

I binge watched and by far it’s my favorite anime of all time. It totally broke me down. I put it up there with Alan Moore’s Watchmen, George Lucas’ Star Wars and Stanley Kubrick’s 2001 as one of the best, finest science fiction stories ever told. Hideaki Anno is a master storyteller.

For anyone who has depression, bipolar disorder, suicidal thoughts, or schizophrenia, be warned that this series may trigger you or bring back bad memories. That being said, as someone who’s been 5150’d and been in mental institutions, I gained so much from watching this anime.

Going to watch End of Evangelion next. What a fucked, brilliant story.

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2023, 06:36:33 AM »
Anyone here watched the finale for Attack on Titan?

I watched it last saturday and rewatched it this friday and I'm still amazed at how it all panned out... I'm not ready to move onto a new anime just yet I'm still mourning the end of it lol

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2023, 02:22:59 PM »
Anyone here watched the finale for Attack on Titan?

I watched it last saturday and rewatched it this friday and I'm still amazed at how it all panned out... I'm not ready to move onto a new anime just yet I'm still mourning the end of it lol

I saw dropped the subs on Hulu, I'm mad excited since I thought S4 was engaging and suspenseful, but I'll need some dedicated time to watch 2 sittings of over an hour of subtitles.... imo, the main drawback to subbed anime is you can't be in the other room following along...

My anime mourning is Toyko Ghoul. The first season was so fucking dark and grimey, but I could not stay with it once they changed the main character (classic complaint, anime vs. manga, etc.). That torture scene w/ Kaneki and Jason was fucked up.

Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

sharkjumper

• Rep: 40
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2023, 05:23:44 PM »
Lots of good recommendations in here!  Thanks!

One I didn't see that I really liked is Dorohedoro.  Only bummer is that they've only made one season of it.

@Coldpizza seems like you might know some good stuff.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2023, 05:38:49 PM »
started watching monster on netflix and am enjoying it, also highly recommend chainsaw man on HULU.

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2023, 06:32:21 PM »
started watching monster on netflix and am enjoying it, also highly recommend chainsaw man on HULU.

Urasawa naoki (the manga-ka for Monster) wrote an adaption of a portion of the Atom ark called Pluto.
They recently Anime'd it o nNETFLIX and it is really good too