Author Topic: Opinions on square noses and tails? (FA/Hockey shapes)  (Read 17669 times)

TurdyBird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
Re: Opinions on square noses and tails? (FA/Hockey shapes)
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2020, 06:37:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Riding the Baker 8.5 B2 shape and have been enjoying it very much. Was on a 8.6 WKND before, which was fun, but wasn't feeling the sog. I also kind of like have a little more concave, though, I wouldn't call it "hella steep".
[close]

Those B2s are hardly square tho, compared to a FA/Hock/AWS/WKND tho; it's defiantly not baker pointy, perhaps more full, but certainly not squared out.

You're not wrong. Everything they say about the b2 shape is a bit exaggerated but I dig it. I wish I was at the shop to compare. It's slightly more square than a regular popsicle.

I enjoyed the quasi WKND I had for the most part, it felt comfortable. I think I dig something with a lil more concave and the sogginess that occurs is kind of weird.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 09:38:19 AM by TurdyBird »
The chillest1

Whitedude

« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2020, 07:34:20 AM »
fa/hockeys 8 1/8 with the 14 wheelbase is probably the best shape i've ever ridden the nose seems a little more exaggerated on the fa but i love it. probably the most comfortable i've been on a skateboard. they can have some lame graphics but damn that shape is nice.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 999
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2020, 10:49:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Riding the Baker 8.5 B2 shape and have been enjoying it very much. Was on a 8.6 WKND before, which was fun, but wasn't feeling the sog. I also kind of like have a little more concave, though, I wouldn't call it "hella steep".
[close]

Those B2s are hardly square tho, compared to a FA/Hock/AWS/WKND tho; it's defiantly not baker pointy, perhaps more full, but certainly not squared out.
[close]

You're not wrong. Everything they say about the b2 shape is a bit exaggerated but I dig it. I wish I was at the shop to compare. It's slightly more square than a regular popsicle.

I enjoyed the quasi WKND I had for the most part, it felt comfortable. I think I dig something with a lil more concave and the sogginess that occurs is kind of weird.

I really like the shape of the Baker B2s, I just hate that they can't fucking measure...if you label your decks as 32.875 don't ship a 32" - all those B2 8.25s are longer than stated...at least they were.

My WKND felt like a wet sponge right out of the gate; it happens with DLX to me all the time too. It's hit or miss (Except with Dwindle R7s, that shit is so stiff/crispy, even months after skating it).

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2020, 03:33:05 PM »
fa/hockeys 8 1/8 with the 14 wheelbase is probably the best shape i've ever ridden the nose seems a little more exaggerated on the fa but i love it. probably the most comfortable i've been on a skateboard. they can have some lame graphics but damn that shape is nice.

i'm going to try those next (currently fa's 8.25s), you riding 144/5.6s with the or 139/5.2s?

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2020, 05:09:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I really like the shape of the Baker B2s, I just hate that they can't fucking measure...if you label your decks as 32.875 don't ship a 32" - all those B2 8.25s are longer than stated...at least they were.

My WKND felt like a wet sponge right out of the gate; it happens with DLX to me all the time too. It's hit or miss (Except with Dwindle R7s, that shit is so stiff/crispy, even months after skating it).

Haha so funny that you say that. Most sites say the board I got, is 32.5 long but compared it to my wknd that's 32.25 and it's about the same size. Kind of frustrating, but considering I'm really enjoying riding it, I can overlook it.

It took like a week of minimal riding for my wknd to sog. I'll probably try to get the same B2 I have now next, or maybe a something a lil longer with a 14.5 or lower WB
The chillest1

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2020, 05:44:07 PM »
Love the shape of the 8.18

However the nose & tail are comically steep & I did my best to flatten it out prior to riding (to no avail).

If they weren't so steep, I'd buy again.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 999
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2020, 06:53:11 PM »
Love the shape of the 8.18

However the nose & tail are comically steep & I did my best to flatten it out prior to riding (to no avail).

If they weren't so steep, I'd buy again.

Being from the H-Street era, that shit is probably comfort food for me.

Whitedude

« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2020, 09:13:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i'm going to try those next (currently fa's 8.25s), you riding 144/5.6s with the or 139/5.2s?

Just switched from 149s to 5.6s polished last week 139 would seem a little small but that’s just my taste.