Author Topic: GX 1000 are promoting asshole behavior  (Read 36566 times)

cucktard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
GX 1000 are promoting asshole behavior
« on: August 03, 2019, 01:57:32 AM »
Like pretty much anyone else, l was blown away by the gnarliness of the crew in their full length vid, almost enough to overlook the shady shit like running into people in the landings of ‘their’ tricks.

But after seeing people share clips of their insta over and over, this ‘fucking people over for clips’ is not isolated incidents, it’s a straight up part of their image that they are apparently happy to promote.

Security guard head trauma because they didn’t want to leave the spot aside, P-Spliff dead because he wanted to skitch and ended up putting an innocent person through the trauma of killing him aside, all the drivers that have to stop or swerve around them aside,

They are now forcing drivers onto the shoulder of the road as they hillbomb.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0sDY2-Apby/?igshid=f9ajfqylmldd

For zero reason. They could, like any other skater who just wants to bomb, stay in their lane and go just as fast. But no, they want to bring innocent people into their fucking games without their consent, for the sake of clips and fame.

This seems like the height of selfishness to me, there are so many other ways of skating, including bombing, without putting other innocent people in danger.

Fuck this shit.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 06:21:25 AM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: GX 1000 are promoting asshole behavior
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 02:12:37 AM »
these guys are losers.

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 02:32:04 AM »
I still support these assholes.

I'm down with outlaws, rebels, & recklessness. Refreshing to see some individuals still living life on their terms during this extremely PC soft society 

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 02:32:36 AM »
Yeah the shtick is wearing thin. Love the clips and videos but the attitude they are promoting does come across as teen angst carried into your 20’s

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 02:38:11 AM »
Damn skateboarders, they ruined skateboarding.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Bony cawk

• Rep: 23
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 02:43:05 AM »
Street Skateboarding in general is asshole behavior.

dakara

• Rep: 4
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2019, 03:23:27 AM »

I'm down with outlaws, rebels, & recklessness. Refreshing to see some individuals still living life on their terms during this extremely PC soft society

Same. The internet self righteousness era has made it so if you aren’t perfect to some arbitrary standard of the net mob, you must be condemned. Real life is better, with the good and the bad.

euro tm

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2019, 03:27:11 AM »
literally a video of two people bombing a hill. shut up you fucking dweeb.

Brguy

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2019, 03:41:27 AM »
This. You can't pretend you're not vandalizing all these ledges or disturbing people with all that noise. You can only pretend to be a good person, but you're just as big of an asshole in the end.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1370
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 03:44:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This. You can't pretend you're not vandalizing all these ledges or disturbing people with all that noise. You can only pretend to be a good person, but you're just as big of an asshole in the end.

Yep. Ray Barbee? Total asshole.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2019, 03:46:45 AM »

They don’t even bother to capture the actual bomb.

All they are doing is showcasing a dude pushing on the wrong side of the road (when there is absolutely zero reason for him to be there) and forcing oncoming traffic into the shoulder of the road.

Don’t pretend that clip was about hill bombing, it was a scooter kid getting into everyone’s way at the skate park ON PURPOSE

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2019, 03:50:38 AM »

I hear ya brother, I ain't gonna let the snowflake libtards tell me what-fer. That's why I vote libertarian, to let man live free in god's country. I'm just as tired as you is of hearin' these fancy pants college folks tryin' to tell me what is and what ain't ok to joke about or that I have to put a shirt on in the library. This is America, and I ain't lettin' no-one take my guns from me. Which Harley you takin' to Sturgiss this year?

You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

euro tm

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2019, 03:53:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

All they are doing is showcasing a dude pushing on the wrong side of the road (when there is absolutely zero reason for him to be there) and forcing oncoming traffic into the shoulder of the road.

Don’t pretend that clip was about hill bombing, it was a scooter kid getting into everyone’s way at the skate park ON PURPOSE

have you ever bombed a hill in incoming traffic? if not you haven’t lived and you need to get your shit strait.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2019, 04:17:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

have you ever bombed a hill in incoming traffic? if not you haven’t lived and you need to get your shit strait.

“Have you ever scooted around the skatepark and cut everyone off? If not you haven’t lived and you need to get your shit straight “

All the downhilling I’ve done was on controlled roads or staying in lane. That was more than enough of a rush for me.

I understand that for some people it isn’t.

But for fucks sakes, all I’m saying if you are going to do something risky, make sure you don’t involve innocent people. It’s not that hard of a concept.

Go fucking put on a squirrel suit or something. Leave other people out of your death wish.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 04:23:59 AM by cucktard »

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 493
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2019, 04:22:49 AM »
Yeah, they're dipshits.

Chapingro

• Rep: 8
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2019, 04:30:42 AM »
everyone who gets their panties in a twist about someone expression their disapproval of GX's bro-y-ness is the true snowflake. accept that people have different opinions than you and stop being a little beotch.

basically agree with OP that GX is a bunch of bros. Still dig the skating and the hill bombs etc but definitely think they're a bunch of privileged out of towners (gentrifiers?) who do cool shit but also shitty shit. Everyone probably forgot about how they stole an artist from the Mission's 14 bus logo for one of their hats and then got punked on IG about it and paid up so that they wouldn't get called out. good for them, but also a reminder that they're a bunch of cucks too.

El Nugjar

• Rep: -19
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2019, 04:39:21 AM »
OP must be from the this current era of skatepark skating and never skated the streets. Besides the head trauma shit, they’re not the only dudes out there doing that shit, they just figured out a way to make some cash while skateboarding is hot hot hot.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2019, 04:41:06 AM »
Pffff, bro's? Some 135 lbs bitch? They only to that shit if they outnumber a person. PvP? Burst mouth.

Brguy

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2019, 04:42:12 AM »
everyone who gets their panties in a twist about someone expression their disapproval of GX's bro-y-ness is the true snowflake. accept that people have different opinions than you and stop being a little beotch.

basically agree with OP that GX is a bunch of bros. Still dig the skating and the hill bombs etc but definitely think they're a bunch of privileged out of towners (gentrifiers?) who do cool shit but also shitty shit. Everyone probably forgot about how they stole an artist from the Mission's 14 bus logo for one of their hats and then got punked on IG about it and paid up so that they wouldn't get called out. good for them, but also a reminder that they're a bunch of cucks too.
You realize this is a forum and if no one came here to talk shit abou GX or OPs opinion on them there would be no reason to even get on slap?

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2019, 04:48:16 AM »
OP must be from the this current era of skatepark skating and never skated the streets. Besides the head trauma shit, they’re not the only dudes out there doing that shit, they just figured out a way to make some cash while skateboarding is hot hot hot.

I’ve been skating since 84, with a 3-year break in Jr High. I’ve skated with pro downhillers (and they keep strict rules about crossing the center line, as they’ve been doing this shit WAY longer than GX).

Not that any of that should make a difference, the argument should stand or fall on its own merit, no matter who says it.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2019, 04:56:42 AM »

The only thing that's soft is your threshold for what constitutes an outlaw and a rebel.

hip bruise

• Rep: 11
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2019, 05:17:59 AM »
Everybody crying about gx can’t possibly have experienced any form of street skating in the 90’s.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2019, 05:43:47 AM »
Everybody crying about gx can’t possibly have experienced any form of street skating in the 90’s.

Yeah, it's just not possible to dislike their behaviour regardless of your age or preferred way of skating! Just as black and white as everything else in skateboarding.

Acting obnoxious abroad and this being brought up around the time the GX Japan clip came out was the first time their approach rubbed me the wrong way. Figured the black rock incident would've sparked the crew to self-reflect a bit. Guess not.

Bony cawk

• Rep: 23
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2019, 05:50:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Yep. Ray Barbee? Total asshole.

I didn’t know ray barbee was in the gx crew

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -326
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2019, 06:08:17 AM »
being a twat is fucked regardless, not with standing the consequences of obnoxious behavior or tagging along on the back of cars being a goon, you see what happens when getting clipped or run over by cars?! too many examples and in no way am I saying those that got hurt or lives taken by carelessness was their fault. Just like The Gambler said know when to hold em and know when to fold em.  after their recent incident they'd dial it back like hey maybe we shouldn't be as jerkass's.
Dueces Bitch's

JimThome

• Rep: -4
  • AKA Jim Shalome
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2019, 06:14:10 AM »
Hey it’s BADASS

goldenbullcow

• Rep: -406
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2019, 06:22:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Got to agree ... most if not all of us also drive cars.... if some one gets killed while skitching on your car... while not your fault... you the driver still have to live with that for life... the fact that you played some part in a kid dying... of course there is some law breaking involved in skateboarding... we all know and accept that ... destroying propert is one thing but potentially ruining lives is another

tura

• Rep: 45
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2019, 06:32:03 AM »
Fuck skateboarders. Stick to the local vert pipe

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2019, 06:41:28 AM »
The people in the cars are probably assholes too.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2019, 06:58:34 AM »
Yea GX is pretty wack.

Sucks because I liked their last video but they take their tough guy shtick too far.

When I was growing up we probably wouldn’t skate someone’s house as a spot let alone give the homeowner shit.

The back lip into the security guard on the steps in the video rubbed me the wrong way too. She coulda hit her head just as easily as the black rock guy. GX has been asking for the situation they’re in and now they’re in it.