Author Topic: GX 1000 are promoting asshole behavior  (Read 36593 times)

kid casserole

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Re: GX 1000 are promoting asshole behavior
« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2019, 08:43:47 AM »
You know one time a guy comes up to me while I’m skating this ledge and goes.  “Hey man, nice job ruing that planter there,  it really looks like shit now.”  And I said “ hey guy...it’s not a fucking Picasso alright, it holds dirt, it keeps dirt from spilling on the sidewalk.”  I can relate to these guys or that kind of reckless vibe.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #121 on: August 04, 2019, 08:56:10 AM »
What would be so wrong with that car just hitting the dude?
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

farisskates

• Rep: 1
« Reply #122 on: August 04, 2019, 10:27:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Sad to say, but their homie died because of being on the road with cars. They didn't learn from that? Idk. Not my place to speak on anyone, but it's like a kick to the teeth.
[close]

Their homie that died is the one that’s in this clip. You preaching about the danger of this clip does nothing because the man in this clip has passed. Like who are you preaching too? Is there clips of current gx guys skating into incoming traffic that you think your warning? Like the guy you guys are bitching about is dead.

If anything this clip is just sad foreshadowing

Goes to show how much I care for GX. Well, either way REST IN PEACE to dude. Oh and for the record I want preaching to anyone. Just staying my opinion kid.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #123 on: August 04, 2019, 10:40:44 AM »
Their homie that died is the one that’s in this clip.

Shit, I didn't see nor know this before responding. I guess my response was inappropriate and eerily redundant.

What would be so wrong with that car just hitting the dude?
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

Pavs323

• Rep: 13
« Reply #124 on: August 04, 2019, 10:44:11 AM »
Yea GX is pretty wack.

Sucks because I liked their last video but they take their tough guy shtick too far.

When I was growing up we probably wouldn’t skate someone’s house as a spot let alone give the homeowner shit.

The back lip into the security guard on the steps in the video rubbed me the wrong way too. She coulda hit her head just as easily as the black rock guy. GX has been asking for the situation they’re in and now they’re in it.

The skating peoples house and being an asshole to them bullshit is something I just fail to understand. How are you going to go to somebodies home, destroy part of it, and then start copping an attitude when they’re mad about it? 
Some guys years ago from my hometown skated this gap in some guys front yard. On one bail the guy ended ripping out a huge piece of his lawn and spreading the gravel in his planter all over the place, and seriously challenged the homeowner to a fight when he came out and was obviously livid. The whole thing used to be on YouTube.
There’s just no way I can defend skaters doing absolutely idiotic shit like this.

blunted

« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2019, 05:12:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Eh they'll grow out of it. Turn 30 and look back to realize it was obnoxious but just shit you do when you're young and living in the moment. If they're normal healthy people, they'll probably feel bad for acting that way.
[close]

They're all almost 30 already and thats part of the issue. Acting like kids. GX skating is fire but their wannabe goonery is lame

Who cares man. They are providing entertainment for kids and making money. People have done way worse things for money. I think this is lighter than the stuff I watched while growing up like Baker. Can you tell me that you didn't think Baker was cool growing up?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 05:26:24 PM by blunted »

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2019, 08:29:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sad to say, but their homie died because of being on the road with cars. They didn't learn from that? Idk. Not my place to speak on anyone, but it's like a kick to the teeth.
[close]

Their homie that died is the one that’s in this clip. You preaching about the danger of this clip does nothing because the man in this clip has passed. Like who are you preaching too? Is there clips of current gx guys skating into incoming traffic that you think your warning? Like the guy you guys are bitching about is dead.

If anything this clip is just sad foreshadowing
[close]

Goes to show how much I care for GX. Well, either way REST IN PEACE to dude. Oh and for the record I want preaching to anyone. Just staying my opinion kid.

Sorry the preaching thing wasn’t necessarily directed at you. Just a blanket statement for a few posts in this thread. I’m not a kid.  :D

Black_Greg

• Rep: -15
  • NO MORE DRIPPIN SHIT STRICY NIGGA SHIT
    • GRAMS avatar image
« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2019, 09:42:39 AM »
Old kissy kiss, I kiss thirty rap dicks, model bitch ass face ass niggas 
Old motherfuckin me, I never sold dope, I watched my cousin do it, so I was influenced ass niggas

SilvergultRab

• Rep: -58
« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2019, 09:59:23 AM »
You guys all fucking pussys. Skateboarding was better when everyone hated you. Shut the fuck up and go get some. Lil bitches

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2019, 10:07:27 AM »
thread is exposing the broke boys who dont own anything

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2019, 10:33:03 AM »
I am not a fan of the grinding on peoples houses but for a lot of older folks this is what skating is about - doing what you fucking want. I get that a lot of you grew up in the skate park era and always had a safe spot for mommy to drop you off at but for others it meant hopping a fence, risking arrest/ticket or getting chased by gangsters or bros. Raw street skating is what allowed geeks like hawk and bam to exploit to make millions thus exposing a generation to skating that otherwise would be playing with fucking pogs or pokemon.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2019, 10:38:54 AM »
As a person who does concern himself with societal balance to a degree, I find that when the opportunity to remind fools folks that the roads must be shared presents itself... I will roll up.  and i will jump up.  and i will fly up.  while they sit in their world choking metal cages trying to look at their phones dying slow, i feel it's my civic responsibility to remind them that there are others who are more alive, more engaged, more free.  because who is innocent in a society that is increasingly becoming more and more of a shit show, beginning to eat itself in murderous and tragic ways... 

on a lighter note, even though the quality is shit my gx hat remains a favorite because when i wear it in public i am just beset by 100% tough pussy.
Some of the people driving in these world choking metal cages are driving to jobs that build and repair the roads and sidewalks that you skate on, fix you up when you get injured, or manufacture the clothes and products that allow you to feel like you are more alive, engaged, and free than them.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

verbal ham

• Rep: 53
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2019, 10:52:43 AM »
lets take a vow to make this world safer and more convenient for automobilers

there is a reason hot health conscience chicks like beer and doritos cum from sk8rs

danger and freedom is alluring i think since beginning of time

gx1000 > security guard magic

verbal ham

• Rep: 53
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2019, 10:56:45 AM »
Magic > securing the perimeter

Rick_Kane

« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2019, 11:05:01 AM »

I own three houses, two cars and a business and still think OP and his supporters are being pussycats.

ondeezyst

• Rep: -3
« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2019, 11:26:40 AM »
never thought skateboarding would get so fucking soft but here we are..

TheDingus

« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2019, 11:40:14 AM »

I don’t think it’s about being “soft”, it’s more about being somewhat respectful to people and the things they work hard for and value. What if some random ran over and focused your vx? You’d be cool with that? Not a chance. These guys are a shame to skateboarding, but somehow every cool guy shop buys their shit and supports their “tough” asshole facade.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2019, 11:42:35 AM »
I have mixed feeling on the subject. If security (someone who is doing their job) is kicking you out, just leave, it is easier on everyone, doesn't blow up the spot, and it will be easier to just come back later. Don't destroy anything at someone's house (those hill bomb gap bump things in SF or similar spots are an exception, no property is being damaged). On the other hand, if you are in a public setting and some random person is getting in your face about skating they deserve whatever happens within reason, getting knocked over, bumped ect.   

Nollie FS 180

• Rep: 0
« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2019, 12:42:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I own three houses, two cars and a business and still think OP and his supporters are being pussycats.
bro only 3 houses? You ain’t rich I got a billion houses. And I drive Lambos and go through them like tissues.
“Fuck you Amy, I love you” ~ Rick Kane

oldbummer

• Rep: -25
« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2019, 12:48:03 PM »

Matt Finley is GS1000 right?

Rick_Kane

« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2019, 12:55:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
bro only 3 houses? You ain’t rich I got a billion houses. And I drive Lambos and go through them like tissues.

Just joking around. One of them is a condo.

Nollie FS 180

• Rep: 0
« Reply #141 on: August 05, 2019, 01:20:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Just joking around. One of them is a condo.
me too. Hugs all around lads.
“Fuck you Amy, I love you” ~ Rick Kane

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #142 on: August 05, 2019, 01:36:44 PM »

You've gotta be a real pea-brained fucking idiot if you think having any thought or consideration for someone other than yourself makes you 'soft'

Rick_Kane

« Reply #143 on: August 05, 2019, 01:42:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You've gotta be a real pea-brained fucking idiot if you think having any thought or consideration for someone other than yourself makes you 'soft'

Doesn't seem like you thought about or considered this person's feelings before making this post...

feedmeseymour

« Reply #144 on: August 05, 2019, 01:57:01 PM »
id rather be "soft" instead of a piece of shit with no regard for human life.

ondeezyst

• Rep: -3
« Reply #145 on: August 05, 2019, 02:08:42 PM »
they bomb hills the wrong way to see cars coming, fuck the whole property view and omg i paid and worked so hard for this i cant believe you're in my space doing something that you enjoy. its your grass, your driveway your planter. omg that will be the end of your life.  if someone broke my camera so be it its a fucking camera use a different form that you have or buy a new one. and if you want to fucking fight then lets fight but dont fucking cry if you get hurt like da fuck. you made the choice to react to me with anger. you're just upset someone could be living in this fashion because you wish you had the balls to.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #146 on: August 05, 2019, 02:28:08 PM »
they bomb hills the wrong way to see cars coming

to then not move outta the way?

I understand this logic when walking/cycling on the shoulder of a road, but it does not apply when your in the lane

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #147 on: August 05, 2019, 03:24:50 PM »
I’m not reading this whole fucking thread but there is a time and a place to act like a child and that when you are a child.

There’s a ton of dudes that act likes jocks/bros in skateboarding, and when you grow up you realize how fucking lame it is. I saw a clip on Instagram yesterday of this guy flying through the air, on some dumb bail where he probably wasn’t even trying a trick, and he kicks this scooter kid in the head into the ground. Like a straight up stomp. The kid’s head hits the ground and his arms are just sticking up because he is obviously knocked out. He looks like no older than 12. I don’t even fucking like kids but it made me really bummed to see everyone laughing about it and talking shit just because the kid was on a scooter. Yeah it’s so funny to see someone have a serious head injury because they are a little kid riding a scooter. Honestly I think that kind of shit is the worst part of skateboarding. That macho bullshit while also trying to say skateboarding is so cool and a great community. Let’s not forget we are jumping around on a piece of wood with some wheels on it like a bunch of fucking circus apes. We are all so cool.

hip bruise

• Rep: 11
« Reply #148 on: August 05, 2019, 03:54:17 PM »
thread is exposing the classist dipshits who think their accumulated property makes their opinion in any way more valid. get fucked yuppie.

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #149 on: August 05, 2019, 04:17:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
thread is exposing the classist dipshits who think their accumulated property makes their opinion in any way more valid. get fucked yuppie.

it seems you are mad at me when instead you should be mad at the person negotiating your deals