Author Topic: GX 1000 are promoting asshole behavior  (Read 36527 times)

TheLurper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: GX 1000 are promoting asshole behavior
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2019, 04:28:30 PM »
Expand Quote
they bomb hills the wrong way to see cars coming
[close]

to then not move outta the way?

I understand this logic when walking/cycling on the shoulder of a road, but it does not apply when your in the lane

We are supposed to walk against traffic, but bike with traffic. Biking against traffic is a bad idea.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 04:36:58 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2019, 04:31:22 PM »
There are a lot of confused people on here that can’t (or won’t) understand the difference between a criticism of pushing cars out of their own lane, and street skating in general.

Street skating is by nature transgressive, you are using space not designed for skateboarding to do it. But there are different shades of this, and some idiots can’t see criticism of one shade being different than the others.

For example, the most obvious first shade, public space. It’s public, for everyone. So as long as you are not denying others the right to public space, it’s free game. Everyone knows this. And that’s why we stand up to people who try to tell us we can’t skate in a public space.

Private property (businesses) and personal property (homes) are two more shades. Not many people know the word ‘usufruct’, but it’s a legal principle where people can have free use to something, as long as they don’t destroy it for other people. But I think we all as skaters intuitively understand this.

So if there is a bank outside a house or business, and we are not waxing it or fucking it up, it’s free game.

GX is taking this a step beyond, and purposely fucking with people without their consent, and glorifying it to a huge audience.

I spelled out already what I’m not cool with, so I’m not going to repeat it.

But if you think because I’m shitting on GX I’m shitting on street skating as a whole you are missing the point or just basically full of shit
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 05:18:15 PM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Rick_Kane

« Reply #152 on: August 05, 2019, 04:50:33 PM »
There are a lot of confused people on here that can’t (or won’t) understand the difference between a criticism of pushing cars out of their own lane, and street skating in general.

Street skating is by nature transgressive, you are using space not designed for skateboarding to do it. But there are different shades of this, and some idiots can’t see criticism of one shade being different than the others.

For example, the most obvious first shade, public space. It’s public, for everyone. So as long as you are not denying others the right to public space, it’s free game. Everyone knows this. And that’s why we stand up to people who try to tell us we can’t skate in a public space.

Private property (businesses) and personal property (homes) are two more shades. Not many people know the word ‘usufruct’, but it’s a legal principle where people can have free use to something, as long as they don’t destroy it for other people. But I think we all as skaters intuitively understand this.

So if there is a bank outside a house or business, and we are not waxing it or fucking it up, it’s free game.

GX is taking this a step beyond, and purposely fucking with people without their consent, and glorifying it to a huge audience.

But if you think because I’m shitting on GX I’m shitting on street skating as a whole you are basically full of shit

So have you signed up with the local softball league yet? I heard kickball has made a comeback too. That's also another option for you.

verbal ham

• Rep: 53
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2019, 05:12:17 PM »

But if you think because I’m shitting on GX I’m shitting on street skating as a whole you are basically full of shit

you drink the shade of government ass-brown all over your teeth.
hardflip the legal code bich

Soft Boiled

• Rep: 21
« Reply #154 on: August 05, 2019, 05:21:18 PM »
The thing about Tampa Am in the 00’s, is that anyone could, and often would, win. A proving ground if you will, for America’s best, to show the moves they spent all year perfecting. It was the one event each year where hungry skaters from all over, would make the journey, in hopes of getting discovered and achieving skateboarding stardom. Cole, Caswell, Colt. The list of stars is endless. Spanly. It was a time of time of innocence in skating, before big corporations, social media, and trap music made their mark. It was truly a special era, when local heroes from all walks of life, got an equal shot to taste the dream. Street League will never capture its energy or feel, for times have changed. Fear not though, in the magical world of skateboarding, the future always looks bright.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #155 on: August 05, 2019, 05:34:55 PM »
The thing about Tampa Am in the 00’s, is that anyone could, and often would, win. A proving ground if you will, for America’s best, to show the moves they spent all year perfecting. It was the one event each year where hungry skaters from all over, would make the journey, in hopes of getting discovered and achieving skateboarding stardom. Cole, Caswell, Colt. The list of stars is endless. Spanly. It was a time of time of innocence in skating, before big corporations, social media, and trap music made their mark. It was truly a special era, when local heroes from all walks of life, got an equal shot to taste the dream. Street League will never capture its energy or feel, for times have changed. Fear not though, in the magical world of skateboarding, the future always looks bright.

O.....kay.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #156 on: August 05, 2019, 05:57:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So have you signed up with the local softball league yet? I heard kickball has made a comeback too. That's also another option for you.
You have terrible logic there brah, cuck tried to have an actual discussion with you multiple times and all you can come back with is ad-hominem "blah blah blah, you're not a real skater (despite him having been a skater for possibly longer than you've been alive?), join the softball league". How are you more of a "real skater" than him, and how are you going to prove that online? Now if you don't agree with him then fine, but either have an argument to back you up or STFU!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #157 on: August 05, 2019, 05:57:52 PM »

Rick_Kane

« Reply #158 on: August 05, 2019, 06:13:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
You have terrible logic there brah, cuck tried to have an actual discussion with you multiple times and all you can come back with is ad-hominem "blah blah blah, you're not a real skater (despite him having been a skater for possibly longer than you've been alive?), join the softball league". How are you more of a "real skater" than him, and how are you going to prove that online? Now if you don't agree with him then fine, but either have an argument to back you up or STFU!

Oh come on, this thread is ridiculous. And so is OP, and so are you.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #159 on: August 05, 2019, 06:24:39 PM »
#Ricklogic

I mean if it is indeed *that* ridiculous you should be able to debunk his point pretty easily then no?

Rick_Kane

« Reply #160 on: August 05, 2019, 06:36:49 PM »
#Ricklogic

I mean if it is indeed *that* ridiculous you should be able to debunk his point pretty easily then no?

It's all subjective opinion. How am I supposed to "debunk" an opinion? This isn't science, Mr. Intellectual, it's an alarmist Slap thread that nobody was asking for.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2019, 07:55:30 PM »
Expand Quote
#Ricklogic

[close]

It's all subjective opinion. How am I supposed to "debunk" an opinion? This isn't science, Mr. Intellectual, it's an alarmist Slap thread that nobody was asking for.

It’s cool, GISM. Rick is right, it’s my subjective opinion (like 99% of everything else on SLAP). His opinion shows the amount of thought he’s put into it.

And Rick, I’m glad you take this seriously enough to keep bumping it. Cheers.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 07:57:18 PM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Serious Tea Drinker

« Reply #162 on: August 05, 2019, 08:11:25 PM »
As a person who does concern himself with societal balance to a degree, I find that when the opportunity to remind fools folks that the roads must be shared presents itself... I will roll up.  and i will jump up.  and i will fly up.  while they sit in their world choking metal cages trying to look at their phones dying slow, i feel it's my civic responsibility to remind them that there are others who are more alive, more engaged, more free.  because who is innocent in a society that is increasingly becoming more and more of a shit show, beginning to eat itself in murderous and tragic ways... 

on a lighter note, even though the quality is shit my gx hat remains a favorite because when i wear it in public i am just beset by 100% tough pussy.

Yep. Not saying its right and I know you might not be serious but I've been there and feel ya.

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
« Reply #163 on: August 05, 2019, 08:14:26 PM »
I knew a girl once who told me her father became an abusive alcoholic after a reckless cyclist fell under the wheels of his car. He wasn’t charged, it was ruled an accident, dude has been drinking himself to death ever since.
I couldn’t give a shit about public property, or fucking up some rich white SF dude’s planter. I don’t think your right to thrill seek is more important than people just tryina get home safe, but whatever. maybe I’m just biased against immature man-boys with lack of regard for others.

Also, I don’t see anything wrong in the clip. Making yourself seen is important when you’re trying to not get run over by a car. This doesn’t matter though because I doubt most of the dudes vehemently defending their masculinity by calling others soft actually bomb hills or engage in reckless skate behavior outside of SLAP.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 08:19:03 PM by cilantro »

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #164 on: August 05, 2019, 08:28:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Eh they'll grow out of it. Turn 30 and look back to realize it was obnoxious but just shit you do when you're young and living in the moment. If they're normal healthy people, they'll probably feel bad for acting that way.
[close]

They're all almost 30 already and thats part of the issue. Acting like kids. GX skating is fire but their wannabe goonery is lame
[close]

Who cares man. They are providing entertainment for kids and making money. People have done way worse things for money. I think this is lighter than the stuff I watched while growing up like Baker. Can you tell me that you didn't think Baker was cool growing up?

Actually Baker bummed me the fuck out and since Baker/PD has been mentioned in this thread I wrote a response at the time but didn't post it but now I will since Baker is in question:

PD/Baker was such a disappointment for me. The Boss, Greco, Ellington, all these dudes on top the skate world all the sudden wanted to be the next Big Brother. It came off as desperate to me, like "We're rockstars!" I mean Reynolds was THE BOSS... Do we really need to see Dollin smackin him around or Greco dancing to GNR?

As someone else mentioned everyone copied PD and ended up junkies. And when these dudes years later relate their "hard times" we find out Reynolds version of piling was 2 beers a night. Greco used a needle maybe once. Like you guys were fucking lightweight anyway when you could of just been killing shit skating.

B0udoir

• Rep: 1
« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2019, 09:18:10 PM »
It’s the fact that he’s pushing people off the road for no good reason except to fill his ego. [..]
The clip is only about this, not about the actual hill bomb that they don’t actually show much of.

Sorry I don't want to lack of respect, but, it sounds like you just discovered internet, easy filming and social media.

squintharder

« Reply #166 on: August 05, 2019, 09:19:03 PM »
skateboarders promoting asshole behavior? nothing new. so many skateboarders are assholes. that's just the reality of it. but yeah the whole thing with that jesse vieira dude is fucked. all the excuses claiming he's a "good kid who made a mistake" is complete bullshit. he's not a good kid if he did that. end of story.

Brguy

« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2019, 09:29:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I don't see why people are so whiling to argue these days, like everything needs a counter argument, guy just stated his opinion and there's nothing to prove, just agree to disagree and stop being a bitch.

Alexactly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • RIP
« Reply #168 on: August 06, 2019, 01:46:03 AM »
Expand Quote
#Ricklogic

[close]

You are such a worthless moron.

Stop posting.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #169 on: August 06, 2019, 05:03:32 AM »
Next time I see one of those gx schmucks skating my private property I will deal with it the American way.. Shoot first and ask questions later. That will teach those skateboarders a lesson or two..

Get of my useless wooden planter!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 05:30:37 AM by Mystical Leader »

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #170 on: August 06, 2019, 05:17:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
they bomb hills the wrong way to see cars coming
[close]

to then not move outta the way?

I understand this logic when walking/cycling on the shoulder of a road, but it does not apply when your in the lane
[close]

We are supposed to walk against traffic, but bike with traffic. Biking against traffic is a bad idea.
You r right. Just included it because im not familiar with (semi) rural road rules esp in the US and I figuered you guys put pedestrians and cyclists  in the same category opposed to cars.
Either way point still stands i guess

Rick_Kane

« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2019, 07:41:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
#Ricklogic

[close]

[close]

Stop posting.

Haha. Who are you?

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #172 on: August 06, 2019, 08:06:20 AM »
Expand Quote

Stop posting.
[close]

Haha. Who are you?

Ouch. They haven't posted in 9 months and come out of hiding just to tell you that. Better put some ice one that, my friend.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

McBrandt

• Rep: -13
« Reply #173 on: August 06, 2019, 09:18:49 AM »
I knew a girl once who told me her father became an abusive alcoholic after a reckless cyclist fell under the wheels of his car. He wasn’t charged, it was ruled an accident, dude has been drinking himself to death ever since.
I couldn’t give a shit about public property, or fucking up some rich white SF dude’s planter. I don’t think your right to thrill seek is more important than people just tryina get home safe, but whatever. maybe I’m just biased against immature man-boys with lack of regard for others.

Also, I don’t see anything wrong in the clip. Making yourself seen is important when you’re trying to not get run over by a car. This doesn’t matter though because I doubt most of the dudes vehemently defending their masculinity by calling others soft actually bomb hills or engage in reckless skate behavior outside of SLAP.

Just curious, but would you care about fucking up some rich non-white dude's planter?

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #174 on: August 06, 2019, 09:35:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

you drink the shade of government ass-brown all over your teeth.
hardflip the legal code bich

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #175 on: August 06, 2019, 10:03:21 PM »
Expand Quote
#Ricklogic

[close]

it's certainly not the worst thread that has popped up in UWT in the last few months and it looks like opinions are pretty divided on the subject really.
Sure, you can't debunk an opinion, but again if you think cuck is being overly ridiculous surely you could tear apart his responses to you or simply not give enough of a fuck to reply at all. You're taking some weird middle ground here where you don't actually want to discuss the subject at hand, but you're more than happy to keep bumping a thread that in your words "nobody asked for" just to sling insults?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 10:25:08 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #176 on: August 06, 2019, 11:50:44 PM »
That clip shows dickhead behavior, no doubt. Bomb hills in your lane, don't go playing with oncoming traffic like that. It is as simple as that.

EastKremer

• Rep: -63
« Reply #177 on: August 07, 2019, 04:10:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Street Skateboarding in general is asshole behavior.
[close]
This. You can't pretend you're not vandalizing all these ledges or disturbing people with all that noise. You can only pretend to be a good person, but you're just as big of an asshole in the end.
[close]

Yep. Ray Barbee? Total asshole.

#notallmen

13Bastards

• Rep: 2
  • b2b sinner 5 hour dubstep-only
« Reply #178 on: August 07, 2019, 04:19:18 AM »

Completely correct.

it.

Somehow more correct? Yeah actually more correct.

But if you think because I’m shitting on GX I’m shitting on street skating as a whole you are missing the point or just basically full of shit

You earned that hero status.

GX1000 are complete douchewheels. They are reinforcing the narrative that we, as skaters, are inconsiderate and dangerous people.
I hate the aesthetic and I hate the mentality.
Fuck those guys, they dont represent me or street skating or the culture.
Give me your instagram you fucking pussy.
give it to me then. I guarantee I can fuck you

Ocelot

« Reply #179 on: August 07, 2019, 05:24:43 AM »
GX1000 bombing hills in Gucci jackets is kinda lame yeh

But the notion of their insta clips creating some new osmosis, where skaters are now known as being "dangerous" is pretty funny

Watching the boys go into bomb hill mode after leaving some dude for dead was all I needed to see to know these guys were whack though