Author Topic: Thoughts on psychedelic drugs and skating?  (Read 8572 times)

bigrigbutters

Thoughts on psychedelic drugs and skating?
« on: August 04, 2019, 01:10:32 PM »
Has anyone noticed the effects of psychedelic drug use on their skating? I smoked DMT for the first time this morning and ended up going skating after the effects had worn off.

It was like I had entirely changed my approach to skating, I was getting everything first try and being far more creative than usual. I've always been terrible at going frontside on ledges and it usually takes me 5-10 tries to even get a 5050, but today I did them first try, learnt front feebles and front smiths all in the space of about an hour.

I know some well known skaters sometimes do this sort of thing, "skating on acid is tight man" - lizard. And I'm pretty sure the gx1000 boys routinely drop acid and do ridiculous hill bombs.

Anyone have any similar experiences to share?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 07:26:59 AM by bigrigbutters »

Cthulhu!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Thoughts on psychedelic drugs and skating?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 03:47:13 PM »
I've never actually done it. DMT leaves me flat out on my back. After I "return" I'm always exhausted and have a bit of a headache. I'll have to try it after eating only a small amount of mushrooms, just one or two. I'll report back soon if it isn't raining.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 01:08:08 PM »
I like to trip once in a while. I like to push around, maybe some flat, but actual tricks seem too weird while I'm tripping.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 02:00:35 PM »
Well Butters it didn't work. I only had one, large sized, fresh mushroom and even then it just wasn't going to happen. My legs felt like jello. Popping the board and actually jumping up felt very off. I made it down the street but all of the cars and noise were interfering with my vibrations. I walked back home instead. Maybe I'll try it another time.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 03:14:33 PM »
I love psychedelics and truly believe that the experience is one of the most interesting things you can partake in. Just be safe and know your limits. We are kind of in a golden age/return of the awareness of psychedelic substances.

I still haven't tried skating while tripping though.

mongopushingmallgraber

• Rep: 30
    • Voicemail avatar image
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 05:24:23 PM »
Skating on Acid is Tight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfQ_YIGu7No

@ 2:00

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 09:58:38 AM »
I don't know 'bout all that but weed, flatground, and headphones with your favorite tunes is a pretty great way to spend two hours
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 07:13:24 AM »
I haven't skated while tripping many times at all, but there's been a couple of times I've ended up feeling like my skating was unusually fluid and stylish due to increased awareness of my body and heavy time dilation, even if I was just doing my usual tiny bag of low level tricks. There's also the potential to just temporarily erase every little hint of ability though.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 01:53:12 PM »
i eat shrooms everyday and go skate, it really helps you learn things quickly
even the steven

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 06:00:28 PM »
I skated fully tripping (this “micro dosing” shit the kids are on wasn’t a thing back then) on mushies once.  I was surprisingly good. Landing flip tricks and doing ollie manuals on curb pads. I called it quits while I was ahead because I didn’t really want to find out what the slamming and bleeding would feel like while hallucinating.

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 58
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2019, 07:14:52 PM »
I skated fully tripping (this “micro dosing” shit the kids are on wasn’t a thing back then) on mushies once.  I was surprisingly good. Landing flip tricks and doing ollie manuals on curb pads. I called it quits while I was ahead because I didn’t really want to find out what the slamming and bleeding would feel like while hallucinating.
Yeah, wish I heard of the term 'microdosing' back then too...

Anyways skating on acid worked out good until I started fully 'peaking'.  After that I was in 'hiking in the mountains' mode n could care less bout skating.

On mushrooms I felt like I had a style like Fulfill the Dream Steve Olson (best way to explain it) I was landing fakie flip tailslides n fakie shove it tailslides with little to no effort (Chad Fernandez 411 32 part was in my VCR at the time). Everything kinda just clicked all while laughing like some psycho.

For me skating on Ecstasy sucked cuz there was this little  moment where I would pull good tricks, then after a short while my legs would just turn to jello and that was the end of the session...

Torre

• Rep: -30
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2019, 07:26:35 AM »
Depends on what psychedelic you are speaking of. When I was in high school I smoked Salvia before going on a trip to a skatepark with my high school’s skateboarding club. The. At the park I smoked weed outside in the parking lot  with some other kids (it was an indoor park). I’ll tell you I was floored, to the point where I could barely push. And music sounded so strange. I had to sit out the rest of the entire session.

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2019, 07:52:23 AM »
after not skating for ten years my room mate gave me a tab of acid and his cruiser and sent me off alone through barcelona.
never stopped skating since

PMA

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2019, 12:00:43 AM »
Did it when I was a fiend, way back ago. Felt like the ground and I were melting. Did not really like it, no way I could even pop an ollie.

Weed made me too dumb and slow to skate. Amphetamines did not really help. Opiates made me calm. Funny enough, one of my best sessions was while being dope sick. Could not really stand or sit still so skating kind of worked.

Seelew

• Rep: 0
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2019, 05:33:04 PM »
The first time I skated on acid I tried kickflip front lip for the first time and it did it first try. I didn't really even think while I was doing it. It seemed like it was already programmed into my brain just waiting for me to unlock it. With that being said, I've had some sessions on hallucinogens where I end up slamming and then ended up staring at the ground breathing for prolonged periods of time and lose interest in skating for the moment. If you tune into it right it can be magical

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2019, 10:02:51 AM »
I find Americans like to do things in heavy access, and ive totally partaken in that myself. However a small dose of shrooms ( my favorite) or half a tab will add to the sesh quite a bit. Skated on psychedelics too many times to count and I almost always learn something new. Spacial awareness at an all time high while not being scared of consequence  calls for a good sesh

cab-heel

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2019, 10:44:38 AM »
never tried but sounds interesting. is a solid dose the way to go or light dose?

update, tried it on 200ug. life changing.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 08:01:38 AM by cab-heel »

• Rep: 31
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2019, 03:29:30 PM »
Weed, sure, but anything heavier and I'd rather walk through the redwoods or lay in a tent on a deserted beach.

AssFea

• Rep: 3
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2019, 07:57:38 AM »
Dust is the best one. I like to see myself skateboarding. Acid is good but I like to do it alone. With acid or mushrooms I mostly long distance skate and stop for only a few tricks. Sometimes I get in fights though because i don’t want people to talk to me.

I try to time my peak with the sunrise. I sit looking at the mouth of the harbor. Most of my friends ashes are in the mouth of the harbor.

Last time I thought I might get a heavy rock and go say hi.

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2019, 02:47:37 AM »
drugs are lame. all kinds

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 9
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2019, 08:37:55 PM »
Fuck no lol. Personally I know I have zero tolerance for that kinda shit. I did an edible in university and had a 2 day panic attack, I can't imagine acid or shrooms. I had to write a paper on psychobilin and it's effects on mood. It can be a coin toss at times depending on the individual, it might be a spiritual awakening that smashes your ego and opens your perspective wide open, or a destructive one that gives your crippling depression for a few years. I've seen both happen to homies personally. I've got no issue with homies doing that sorta stuff responsibly, but I know I can't handle it.

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2019, 02:21:27 AM »
Used it for transport but not for trickery, feels too forced and not something my board wanted to do. My deck has lost its structural rigidity whilst hill bombing and had to "Videodrome" my feet to the trucks, which was problematic when I had to step off. All good times.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2019, 02:00:22 PM »
i eat shrooms everyday and go skate, it really helps you learn things quickly

sounds healthy

tranny in the streets

• Rep: 12
  • Gronk
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2019, 10:45:09 PM »
I suck ass while skating on acid. Tricks-wise at least, cruising feels pretty amazing but maybe I haven't tried it enough. Had one proper sesh where I couldn't really bring myself to do anything and another at a cabin by the lake just mucking around. The one at the cabin was an incredible trip, the one where I was trying to actually skate was an amazing trip as well, but I wasn't amazing at skating...

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2019, 11:19:53 PM »
drugs are lame. all kinds

good to see your mind is open.

I personally dont fuck with drugs anymore, i experimented with some, never got heavy into anything, more of a drinker but to each their own

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Woos

• Rep: 7
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2019, 11:49:05 PM »
Learning tricks: stimulants (meth)
Hucking down big shit: benzos (Xanax)
After session: opioids (heroin)
Living a happier life: sobriety (12 Steps)

That’s what I did.

I personally hated psychs myself.  Do what you want to do though.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2020, 06:34:06 AM »
I’ve skated on acid a few times.
This year alone I took a couple hits and went to my local park to skate and hang out with friends.
I def can’t skate as well as normal but I can still do my easy go to tricks like nollie shuv, front board tap the box, back board the flat bar.
I’ll end up just skating in circles for like 20 min not even doing tricks, just loving how I feel.
It’s a little harder for me to skate on acid but it’s still very fun.
I remember the first time I took mushrooms when I was 19, I couldn’t even balance on my board.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2020, 08:28:24 AM »
When I was doing the most drugs, I was actively skating the least. The idea at the time of skating on any drug seemed weird, like I'm just tryin to chill, right!? But then I stopped doing a ton of drugs and skated more, lovely. Then saw/read interviews with pros who were really about the shit, made me think what I missed out on. Oh well such is life.
Whoa. Danger.

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2020, 07:00:49 PM »
If you’re comfortable with it, small amounts of mushrooms (micro-dosing .5-1g) is a fantastic way to get out of your own way. 

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2020, 01:55:23 AM »
I’ve had giant doses of deems and other psychedelics but nah no way could I go do anything after it, gives me huge body load
Lsd and mushrooms though, shit just works sometimes
I go out by myself skate the city for hours
you’re fully redlining on the edge of slamming but you pull it somehow
Ain’t nothing like it I love it I particularly enjoy bombing hills on that shit
listen to cosmic psychos