Author Topic: Thoughts on psychedelic drugs and skating?  (Read 8570 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Thoughts on psychedelic drugs and skating?
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2020, 02:23:11 AM »
Anyone that knows me knows that I don’t step onto a skateboard without first being in a mescaline-induced time wormhole in which everything that has ever happened or ever will happen is condensed into one beautiful, tragic singularity.  Really helps my flick.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Eggie Vedder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 32
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2020, 05:09:06 AM »
I am a large fan of acid but I feel like the trial and error aspect of skating just doesn’t mix with acid. Failure just feels cosmically bad. Maybe skating a mini ramp and doing easy lines would be fun but I don’t think a ledge would be enjoyable. I usually just find myself playing music or getting psyched on arts and crafts while on acid.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2020, 08:46:01 PM »
What’s the best shit you guys seen on deems?

One time I smoked it and it was like cunts were coming in carrying the walls and just sliding new ones in there just men working in the periphery of my vision or something then I’m in a room with all these parallel lines going into infinity. I’m a tiler and I like straight lines and squares and flat shit I remember thinking fuck yeah this is mint then there’s this cunt coming at me in the air bout a metre above my head I’m looking at him but I don’t want him to catch me looking. He looked like the dj from zoolander and he had big headphones
He’s getting closer just supermaning it and we lock eyes and he grins and gives me thumbs up and he passes above my head then I’m back in the first room but the ceiling is like ratcheting down and there’s a trumpet playing it keeps getting closer and finally the ceiling is right on my nose the trumpet is full crescendo then everything stops the ceiling shoots right back up and I come to and my dog is looking at me with hella wild eyes she’s just like cunt wtf

Another time it was like candy crush but I’ve said enough hahaha

Edit how do you guys smoke it I’m just a wasteful cunt I don’t weigh shit I woulda smoked ounces of the shit over the years
I just sandwich it in a bong with something like dami for the maoi inhibitor
But yeah I’ve smoked huge whacks of the shit. Only drug I ever had with no tolerance build up honestly cocaine makes me feel way worse after. Dmt is nice as to do alone
Had a mate watch once and I was gone for about 9 mins he said it freaked him out so I just do it by myself now

Some of those sci fi fantasy animations remind me of dmt I reckon jerry loves it
listen to cosmic psychos

twic3

• Rep: 14
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2020, 11:43:46 AM »
I've skated on the come down of a trip but never while im peaking... idk the idea of skating while im fully in it just never resonated with me, lemme put on mindfield or bronze trust and just vibe out. What I do love is editing and putting together videos while im peaking, searching for songs off youtube, color correcting, and finding good transitions. Whenever I look back at it when I sober up it blows my mind that I made it lol.

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2020, 12:12:20 PM »
First time i took acid i was at potrero and learned how to ollie into transition. I had alot of energy and could do basics but was rubbish at most stuff. I did a small amount of mushrooms last year and skated a park, got really close to doing my first legit on coping handplant. Might be fun to microdose again but ive been sober almost all year so i dont know about getting off the wagon again
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2020, 09:48:13 PM »
Psychedelics are some of the most powerful and eye opening substances. I've always wanted to skate on mescaline but I don't think it would be a good idea. It would be horrible to go through a serious injury while tripping. I think they're best used quietly in a good space with little distractions. I used to drink san pedro and walk for hours on end. Some of the best experiences ive had.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2020, 09:57:38 PM »
Man, you guys are all troopers. I took LSD and i had the worst time ever coming down. I skated to the grocery store after a night of tripping but I didn't really try any tricks, I just felt weird as shit trying to piece together reality. Don't think I'll be doing psyches for a while, but it was an interesting experience that definitely changed my perspective on things.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 11:00:36 PM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2020, 06:23:07 AM »
Man, you guys are all troopers. I took LSD and i had the worst time ever coming down. I skated to the grocery store after a night travelling but I didn't really try any tricks, I just felt weird as shit trying to piece together reality. Don't think I'll ever do psyches again, but it was an interesting experience that definitely changed my perspective on things.
I’ve had two super y uncomfortable acid trips, one was when I took 7 hits, I was still skating at my local until I peaked and it was so strong that my muscles were all in strong pain.
The other time was like a week ago, 2 hits and a weed edible, when the edible kicked in it got super strong and uncomfortable, looking back on it, my face and jaw hurt super bad and it felt like I had been shot in the face and was fading in and out of life, I didn’t skate this day.
Luckily I can come down from acid pretty quickly and Trips tend to last me around 3-4 hours. Both these times I had to take a benzo and kratom to bring me back down to earth.
The other time was recently
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2020, 12:55:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Man, you guys are all troopers. I took LSD and i had the worst time ever coming down. I skated to the grocery store after a night travelling but I didn't really try any tricks, I just felt weird as shit trying to piece together reality. Don't think I'll ever do psyches again, but it was an interesting experience that definitely changed my perspective on things.
[close]
I’ve had two super y uncomfortable acid trips, one was when I took 7 hits, I was still skating at my local until I peaked and it was so strong that my muscles were all in strong pain.
The other time was like a week ago, 2 hits and a weed edible, when the edible kicked in it got super strong and uncomfortable, looking back on it, my face and jaw hurt super bad and it felt like I had been shot in the face and was fading in and out of life, I didn’t skate this day.
Luckily I can come down from acid pretty quickly and Trips tend to last me around 3-4 hours. Both these times I had to take a benzo and kratom to bring me back down to earth.
The other time was recently

I did 105ugs and I was coming down for like 11 hours. Shit sucked, I was paranoid for like a whole day.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2020, 06:26:33 PM »
Sore face probably from grinning like a cheshire cat for hours I been there too haha
listen to cosmic psychos

Eggie Vedder

• Rep: 32
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2020, 09:15:17 AM »
Sore face probably from grinning like a cheshire cat for hours I been there too haha

When I think of acid I associate it with the feeling in my face of smiling for hours. One time I hit a rough patch and remember so vividly the feeling of the muscles in my face going from intense smile slowly to a frown. I’ve only had a few bad trips but I have to say once they are over they are kind of profound. Everyone should try acid at some point. It really teaches you how to control your emotions and see everything from a more zoomed out complete view. Still don’t think I would risk skating while tripping though.

ogvados

• Rep: 5
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2020, 08:55:46 PM »
Have some experience with skating on LSD. I received the acid by mail, delivered in an envelope. There should have been acid on me and my two friends who also skate. I think dosage was about 160mg. Skated so fast and every trick first try but felt myself so uncomfortable cus there were lot of people skating in that place. Next to my local spot where I skated was a park and I secluded myself in the trees. I turned on meditation music and thought a lot about being, about my family, problems and how many people I skate with are fake. I was doing some breathing techniques and as soon as I calmed down I went for a walk among the trees, it seemed very surprising to me how wonderful nature is. I liked the visuals, but not to say that I saw the fractals. The picture at times became blurred and the colors were much brighter. At one point I realized that you can do any trick, the main task is just to believe in it.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2020, 10:59:43 PM »
Have some experience with skating on LSD. I received the acid by mail, delivered in an envelope. There should have been acid on me and my two friends who also skate. I think dosage was about 160mg. Skated so fast and every trick first try but felt myself so uncomfortable cus there were lot of people skating in that place. Next to my local spot where I skated was a park and I secluded myself in the trees. I turned on meditation music and thought a lot about being, about my family, problems and how many people I skate with are fake. I was doing some breathing techniques and as soon as I calmed down I went for a walk among the trees, it seemed very surprising to me how wonderful nature is. I liked the visuals, but not to say that I saw the fractals. The picture at times became blurred and the colors were much brighter. At one point I realized that you can do any trick, the main task is just to believe in it.

One of my friends said that shit and he unlocked tre-flips after his trip. Wish I could say I learned a new trick, I still suck. Maybe if I tried a microdose though...

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2020, 02:45:06 PM »
I've never skated on shrooms or LSD and honestly it never occurred to me to try it. I started skating again, but I might need to sort myself out a bit if I ever plan on tripping again. Sometimes it just seems like life is crazy enough as it is.

skippersoldballs

• Rep: 70
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2022, 04:08:39 PM »
I love doing most things on mushrooms (especially lurking around here). One thing I hate is tripping balls skating vertical crete at a park covered in graffiti, on a really sunny day. feels like I'm playing rainbow road on mario kart 64. All it takes for me is one glance at my feet and I forget what the fuck I was doing a second ago

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2022, 07:11:19 AM »
Small doses of mushrooms, microdose with some ganja makes for increased stamina and focus on this end. Lots of fun too. Pretty much what helped me started skating and learning tricks again at 35/36
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2022, 11:03:23 AM »
Small doses of mushrooms, microdose with some ganja makes for increased stamina and focus on this end. Lots of fun too.
hard agree

instead of going all erowid, lets make this a chain letter with experiences and tasty samples

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2022, 11:52:23 AM »
LSD is preformance enhancement imo.

I've tripped over 500x and likely have take upward of 2000 hits in my lifetime so I'm definitely Pro for LSD. I licked someone I was mad at's sheet. That was a mistake. I skated but it was kinda too hardcore to remember if Anything went down.

Probably mactwanked into car wash.

I believe everyone should try.

I did it the other day but I didn't skate. I usually do tho.. I just sat around weeping like a bitch and then I wrote some riffs.

In the past trip I'd and skate every day if possible.

I invented 3 tricks on LSD between 1992-1996. Mike Mo got the credit like way way later I think.

The tricks are complete shit.

I'll talk more about it later..

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2022, 11:53:17 AM »
Also microdosing is a waste to me.

Maxro dosing is the only way to full send
(A)pl(E)

sacking rails

• Rep: -221
  • sacking rails
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2022, 04:10:04 AM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2022, 10:04:01 AM »
LSD is preformance enhancement imo.

I've tripped over 500x and likely have take upward of 2000 hits in my lifetime so I'm definitely Pro for LSD. I licked someone I was mad at's sheet. That was a mistake. I skated but it was kinda too hardcore to remember if Anything went down.

Probably mactwanked into car wash.

I believe everyone should try.

I did it the other day but I didn't skate. I usually do tho.. I just sat around weeping like a bitch and then I wrote some riffs.

In the past trip I'd and skate every day if possible.

I invented 3 tricks on LSD between 1992-1996. Mike Mo got the credit like way way later I think.

The tricks are complete shit.

I'll talk more about it later..

This is the funniest fucking thing I’ve ever read.

Did LSD contribute to your incurable folliculitis?
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2022, 06:02:26 AM »
Can’t even skate after two beers or smoking weed. Tripping on shrooms or acid and skating sounds like a nightmare to me. I would be overly conscious about, what might go wrong.
Would love to do it though, you guys making seem like a fun adventure.

SwitchBigspinflipBoneless

• Rep: 7
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2022, 07:12:04 AM »
Years ago was halfway through a pretty strong shroom trip in Amsterdam while backpacking Europe. Decided to jump on my board at this little curved 3 stair right by central station. 

Felt like I was a pro skater and could do tricks on command. Went 180 no comply, half cab, pop shove, then ollied up onto the top step where it started to curve and slope down.

Then as i picked up speed I got a wave of shrooms, all the tiles, board, everything I could see started curving like
◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡◠◡

Slowly stopped and picked up that board. No thanks.  Shrooms started peaking again & it took us 15 mins to cross 2 roads while out of our minds in rush hour city centre.

Was fun for those few mins but would never want to do it again.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2022, 11:33:38 AM »
Yes.
Yes to psychedelics and skating. Yes to psychedelics and life.
Especially shrooms. I've only taken acid a few times, so can't really speak on that.
Ripe age of 45 over here, fwiw.
Doing them as a teenager / young adult was more a party/night time experience. Split an eighth with a friend. And it almost always involved skating.
Late 20's/early 30's, I developed a nasty daily cocaine habit. New year's eve 2009 I ate a quarter of shrooms and partied it up. Woke up the next day, and in the after glow of the shroom trip, I was no longer a cokehead. Haven't touched that shit since. And I didn't do any shrooms either.
Until the last year. I hurt my hand skating about a year ago. Went to pick up some weed from my man. He also always has shrooms for sale. So I grabbed a half ounce. Just to pass the time while I couldn't skate with the hand. The hand healed. I still had some shrooms. So I'd take a little and skate. And really enjoyed it. So I got more. Now the last year, it's pretty much been my ritual every Saturday to put about a gram in my morning smoothie and go skate. Not enough to really be tripping. But you feel something. Been a lot of fun. Learned some tricks. Maybe I don't get as buck? I haven't skated a handrail all year. Been a lot of curbs. But that's also my advancing age. And that shroom after glow the next day is for real. I've had some great sessions on the Sunday after a trip. I feel really loose or something.
I ate the last of them about a month ago. And decided to give it a break for a bit. I feel like my tolerance was going up.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -61
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2022, 02:07:19 PM »
I can't skate unless I'm 100% sober. Not drunk, not high, I even see negative effects if I skate with the coffee jitters.
I can't wear headphones, I can't wear sunglasses, I can't wear a hood up (I feel like it limits my peripheral vision).

Basically, I have to be 100% alert with 100% of my senses or I skate like trash. Kinda bums me out.

GetItStraitRideKrooked

• Rep: 15
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2022, 03:50:37 PM »
Psychedelics and skating is something special. It feels like you are just way more spatially aware and have increased board control and confidence. 

First time I ever took acid I went bombing hills for hours in the middle of the night. Fully confident kickflips at the top of hills and high speed ollies, but I felt so in control.

I learned switch tres on mushrooms. Psychedelics in general just kind of make you “on” and in control in a weird way. I feel like they could maybe be considered performance enhancing drugs. Psilocybin’s been shown to increase visual acuity.

I try to dose and skate at least a few times a year. Even getting shinners isn’t the worst thing. Nothing adds to that permanent smile you get while tripping like skating haha. Riding around with a shiteating grin on my face 

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2022, 07:34:34 AM »
I'd just like to chime in on the main negative here.

When you do this too much. Skating straight becomes pale in comparison to L skating.

I know those who have done it know what I'm saying is true.

Honestly LSD makes everything way way way better.

That's why I was hell bent to try and make it permanent
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2022, 07:35:51 AM »
Anyone that knows me knows that I don’t step onto a skateboard without first being in a mescaline-induced time wormhole in which everything that has ever happened or ever will happen is condensed into one beautiful, tragic singularity.  Really helps my flick.

You are definitely one of my favorite posters.

Do you Write?
(A)pl(E)

sacking rails

• Rep: -221
  • sacking rails
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2022, 12:30:58 PM »
I can't skate unless I'm 100% sober. Not drunk, not high, I even see negative effects if I skate with the coffee jitters.
I can't wear headphones, I can't wear sunglasses, I can't wear a hood up (I feel like it limits my peripheral vision).

Basically, I have to be 100% alert with 100% of my senses or I skate like trash. Kinda bums me out.
square

Paintahill

• Rep: 0
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2022, 03:10:08 AM »
Microdosing and skating is the way for me.

Weed, though, for me only works for after the session. I instantly lose all sense of balance after the first draw.