Author Topic: having problems landing flips and fs over stairs  (Read 216 times)

MisledYouth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • Freedom Love Hate Forever Skateboarding <3
having problems landing flips and fs over stairs
« on: August 06, 2019, 12:20:02 PM »
Hey guys i´m just recently have comeback since 8 years ago quitting because of injury, now i have like 5 months or some skating again and im having problems doing flips and fs flips down stairs, i mean i can flip a 3 stair set but now i find it very difficult to do, i do land a kickflip a few months ago in the 3 stairs of sans station in barcelona where im living right now, but im trying to do it now at the 3 set of in a skatepark and over a 2 huge stairs but i just end up doing rocket flips and throwing my board down same stuff with my fs flips, fs flips are my favorite trick and i land it very consistenly on flat but when i try to over a piramid i just cant land it, i dont know it is a fear factor or is it a problem with my posture, i normally do them with my front foot just a little down of the front bolts and my back one on the outer pocket of the deck and when i do it over something (gap,stair or anything else) keep rocket in out and throwing it out, any advice to a 30 years old guy who just comeback to his all life passion?

thanks for the feedback :D
Freedom Love Hate Forever Skateboarding <3

Jamie Thomas is my hero!!!!

Reese

Re: having problems landing flips and fs over stairs
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 02:09:01 PM »
Slow it down mentally and focus on the fundamentals

Return to the learning mindset to strengthen the muscles required to actually do what you're trying

Or don't and fall into the trap of insanity

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 02:11:48 PM »
You already have it. You may just be placing a kind of symbolic value on these tricks, fetishising mystifying and psyching yourself out.

MisledYouth

• Rep: 0
  • Freedom Love Hate Forever Skateboarding <3
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 03:22:41 PM »
Thanks for the replys guys, yeah i know they arent like crazy difficult tricks but its like special challenge to myself and i will setup my mind to get it done the next sesh :D
Freedom Love Hate Forever Skateboarding <3

Jamie Thomas is my hero!!!!