Author Topic: Nerd It Up: Street Back Tail v. Park Back Tail  (Read 3628 times)

DarthDingusMaximus

Re: Nerd It Up: Street Back Tail v. Park Back Tail
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2019, 04:15:46 AM »
while I enjoy a park (when it is empty) as soon as more then 5 people are there I am out.  I like street and sticking to what I know to be true, yeah there are pedestrians and shit but nothing worse then having to avoid some dumbass kid who is unaware of his surroundings. Mindfullness of others and their personal space should be taught from day fucking one. Give those around you at least 3' to 4' of personal space. Those that you personally know should get half and with all respect considered give them some breathing space as we don't want that morning breathe neither.

HyenaChaser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2019, 08:54:32 AM »
Too subjective for any definitive statements.

I will say for myself that anything done on the streets is more rewarding.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1571
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2019, 09:05:28 AM »
Painting walls vs. painting canvas

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2019, 09:17:41 AM »
I spend way more time thinking about this topic than is healthy.

Skating street, in the streets, is significant because it is the reinterpretation of architecture for purposes it wasn't designed for. It is an interaction with your surroundings and a manipulation of an environment for your own entertainment.

Street and park is like seeing a animal in the wild vs in a zoo.

For those of us that grew up in the mid-90s, when there weren't skateparks (other than the rare woodenindoor parks and a few concrete ones). Street skating was skating for the most part. Sure, there might be a ramp in someones yard, but if you wanted to skate, you go downtown and dodge security. Even growing up in a small city in CT, I look back astounded by how many great street spots we had to choose from. This was before skatestoppers were invented.

As time moved on and parks became more abundant, with street spot supplies getting low, I think it is fine to skate parks. Skate where you can and what's fun. As a middle aged man just trying to get some movement in, I'm not really about getting chased out of spots or getting yelled at by security (and most of the low ledges in town have long been blocked). The lack of "hassle" at parks is hugely appealing, scooters and crowds aside.

Nothing wrong with skating a park. But when it comes to filming, parks are for practice so you can later get the trick at a real spot. For a skater to film a part at a park... nah. Except for those rails behind Saw Con.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

TooManyPros

• Rep: 59
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2019, 09:21:20 AM »
The back tail.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2019, 09:26:12 AM »
Nothing wrong with skating a park. But when it comes to filming, parks are for practice so you can later get the trick at a real spot. For a skater to film a part at a park... nah. Except for those rails behind Saw Con.

As a skater that had a pretty shitty spot selection in my hometown area (eastern Long Island; yes went to NYC whenever we could - skating with HH and Pang was a treat - not as homies but skaters skating spots) I sort of agree but I'm ok with park footie sprinkled it, it's still skating but the creativity and gnar that comes from real street is what gets me stoked.

I skate mostly park these days and it kinda gets me down; I'll go street solo but it just isn't the same and skaters my age that are around wouldn't dream of hucking themselves down shit (and Santa Monica isn't a street session mecca, the roads/sidewalks are rough af.)

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1571
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2019, 09:44:55 AM »
Playing the devil's obvious advocate:

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2019, 09:48:42 AM »
Skating street, in the streets, is significant because it is the reinterpretation of architecture for purposes it wasn't designed for. It is an interaction with your surroundings and a manipulation of an environment for your own entertainment.

Exactly.

Playing the devil's obvious advocate:

Using Tom Penny as devil's advocate for park skating is like saying that because Jim Morrison wore leather pants then leather pants are acceptable attire for everyone.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

stephop180

• Rep: -2
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2019, 09:49:31 AM »
Kicky back tailies count everywhere especially if you can back 1 or 3 out of them.

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2019, 10:23:04 AM »
Kicky back tailies count everywhere especially if you can back 1 or 3 out of them.

Stop talking like this.

P.S. Your sig is awesome.
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2019, 12:29:38 PM »

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2019, 01:39:38 PM »
October 3rd 4,300,000,000 BCE

You are a undifferentiated clump of spontaneously-formed organic molecules floating aimlessly in the primordial ooze.  You do not know how you got here, nor why you are here.  What is this dark and foreboding orb hurtling through the vast, seemingly infinite expanse of space?  You have no brain, you have no body.  No thought, no vision.  There really isn’t even a “you” at all, and yet... here you are, straddling the line between inanimate object and living being, the earliest ancestor to every living creature on Earth.  You “see” your homies chilling in the same frothy, violent, chaotic mess which bore you.  As lightening continually cracks across what will someday be known as “the sky” and as sulfuric acid rains down, you bust a buttery back tail and your homies tap their nucleotides.

October 3, 2194

The war against the machines grows ever more desperate as humans have fled the surface and live only in isolated pockets in what were once sewers and subway stations.  Children hunt for rats and worms to bring back to camp, the only sources of protein still available.  There have been whispers of killing and eating the elderly.  They must die so that the rest of may live to fight another day.

Titanium super-soldiers scan the wastelands for traces of human life, uploading their data to a decentralized AI.  The hive mind achieved sentience 30 years ago.  For the shivering denizens of the subsurface, it may have just as well been 3,000 years ago.  Most can’t even remember what the sun looks like.

Suddenly a grate slams down as the “pew pew” of laser-rifle fire erupts.  It’s the surface scout team, they’ve been spotted and have let the machines right to us!  Global positioning data of your exact location is instantly uploaded as every AI-controlled soldier within 20 miles instantly snaps around to face the underground encampment.  Within 15 minutes everyone will be dead.

Knowing these are your last moments on Earth, you grab your board, and as women and children cling together and sob, you bust out one final, buttery back tail just as your robot assassins breach the flimsy sheet metal barricade.  They tap the butts of their laser rifles on the ground in acknowledgment before systematically executing you and everyone you love.

hahahah i love you <3
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2019, 01:55:30 PM »
Reading this thread while listening to the the new Tool song is the best this i ever did today.

Did you listen to it on your buddies airpods?

Also, that park back tail goes straight to insta.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 01:57:26 PM by pica »

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2019, 02:35:23 PM »
Street is way better for the culture. Think about the next generation.