Author Topic: Sega Saturn  (Read 1898 times)

GOKU

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
Sega Saturn
« on: August 09, 2019, 10:55:54 PM »
Anyone still have theirs? I got one for a hella good deal off my friend the other week and have softmodded it so I can easily play Japanese games & burnt CD-Rs of games (all the dope Saturn games are insanely expensive!)

I used this to soft-mod the Saturn:

http://ppcenter.webou.net/pskai/

Did something similar a while back with my PS2, with a thing called "Free McBoot"

feedmeseymour

Re: Sega Saturn
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 06:22:41 AM »
Mine is in a box somewhere but man I would love to play some Daytona 500 and virtual fighter now that you mention it.

I’m pretty sure the reason why the Dreamcast was great is because you could easily burn games for it too. Didn’t know you could do that kinda thing with the saturn

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 12:47:00 PM »
Fuckin loved my Saturn. I can still hear the background music of Virtua Cop and Fighting Vipers was the superior fighting game.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 02:34:44 PM »
I’ve got two in storage.  I loved mine back in the day.  Guardian Heroes was my favorite game for it, I was always the purple-haired ninja guy.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 10:16:01 PM »
https://youtu.be/bkVdJXolW_0
This was in arcades when I was a kid and was the sole acquirer of my parents coins
Definitely a pioneer of "quick action" cut scenes and was a super fun fighter
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 10:29:50 PM »
I still have my Sega CDX - close to near perfect condition

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 11:44:08 PM »
This was in arcades when I was a kid and was the sole acquirer of my parents coins

Holy shit, I loved that game.  I only played that one in the arcade, but ended up getting its sequel on the dreamcast
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2019, 04:52:03 PM »
Dreamcast4ever...

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 04:44:12 PM »
I still have mine somewhere. I traded in a ton of great games that I really regret not having now (Guardian Heroes, Radiant Silvergun, Die Hard Arcade, Megaman 8, Sengoku Ace)

Still have a few that are worth something (Panzer Dragoon Saga, Burning Rangers, Psychic Assassin Taromaru). A lot of my collection was ports of fighting games that you can now get easily on MAME.

Last time I dug mine out I had a tough time getting the import cartridge working and only my Nights controller was working 100%.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2019, 04:49:55 PM »
Die Hard trilogy shits on that.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2019, 12:03:29 AM »
Only know one person IRL who owned one.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2019, 08:06:23 AM »
Only know one person IRL who owned one.

Same. I played it maybe 3 or 4 times in my life. Can't even remember which games.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2019, 07:31:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Die Hard trilogy shits on that.

Do you beat up an octopus in Die Hard Trilogy?

I didn't fucking think so...

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2020, 07:41:10 PM »
Finally dug out the thing from storage and have it just about setup.  I’ve been procrastinating actually turning it on because I’ve got a very strong feeling that there’s going to be some massive headaches trying to get it to run. 

Mog

• Rep: -166
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2020, 03:38:39 PM »
Some rich kids I knew had one back in the day and the dumbasses couldn't believe I'd never played Powerstone before and I informed them that they are probably just bad at video games its no wonder why i have no friends honestly

Ordered pre-owned t shirts online that are kinda sick (2 Simpsons tees, Joy Division and Cro-Mags tees, and a shirt with a native american girl staring into flames) . I usually wear flannels so my t-shirt game w

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -422
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2020, 03:35:24 PM »
The Japanese controller looked so cool. Sadly I never got to play the Saturn but I really want to

Garnet

• Rep: -87
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2020, 03:57:52 PM »
Some rich kids I knew had one back in the day and the dumbasses couldn't believe I'd never played Powerstone before and I informed them that they are probably just bad at video games its no wonder why i have no friends honestly

I'm a fuckin dumbass that was a Dreamcast I've never seen a Saturn irl

masturskater

• Rep: 21
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2020, 05:09:48 PM »
Finally dug out the thing from storage and have it just about setup.  I’ve been procrastinating actually turning it on because I’ve got a very strong feeling that there’s going to be some massive headaches trying to get it to run.
Haha like what? Setting up the clock?

I originally got my Saturn from my uncle. He was young at the time and was starting to make money and spending a lot of it. He bought both the PlayStation and the Saturn. When he realized he didn't really use the Saturn, he let me have it. I was so stoked. I was pretty little and never really had a console to call my own before. I ended up trashing it cause I fucked it up trying to mod it.

Ended up picking up a cheap modded one craigslist. Now I'm curious about buying one of those modules that lets you swap out the CD drive for a USB drive. They're expensive but would definitely prolong the life of the system.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2020, 05:19:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Haha like what? Setting up the clock?

I originally got my Saturn from my uncle. He was young at the time and was starting to make money and spending a lot of it. He bought both the PlayStation and the Saturn. When he realized he didn't really use the Saturn, he let me have it. I was so stoked. I was pretty little and never really had a console to call my own before. I ended up trashing it cause I fucked it up trying to mod it.

Ended up picking up a cheap modded one craigslist. Now I'm curious about buying one of those modules that lets you swap out the CD drive for a USB drive. They're expensive but would definitely prolong the life of the system.

I had no idea any of that shit existed, haha.  The usb thing sounds awesome.

By some miracle it started right up.  However it isn’t picking up the action replay cartridge thing so it will play Japanese games.  Which sucks, because I’ve got a bunch of Japanese imports.

I ended up just buying a Japanese sega saturn so I won’t have to fuck with trying to figure out how to get the American one to work.  Y’know, because I’m so great at managing my money...

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2020, 08:45:11 PM »
Dreamcast4ever...

I regret trading my Dreamcast in. That machine was amazing and so many fun multiplayer games.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2020, 08:13:37 PM »
All I know is that lunar 2 came out on the saga Cd and I was obsessed with it as a kid

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2020, 08:49:21 PM »
Does anyone have a solid Saturn or Dreamcast emulator?

I've been using OpenEmu and it is awesome for Playstation, PSP, and PS2, but I can't get the Saturn games to work. :/

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2020, 11:44:07 PM »
Marvel Super Heroes and X-Men vs Street Fighter with the 4MB expansion cartridge was the shit. Sega made great hardware but they shit the bed with the software and marketing.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2020, 04:38:02 AM »
Does anyone have a solid Saturn or Dreamcast emulator?

I've been using OpenEmu and it is awesome for Playstation, PSP, and PS2, but I can't get the Saturn games to work. :/
If you are looking to buy one videogamesnewyork has absolutely everything and anything you could ever think of. They are the skateshop of video game stores its insane. Give them a call they do ship