Author Topic: Vans - Take It Back  (Read 14736 times)

honey island

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
Vans - Take It Back
« on: August 12, 2019, 09:04:29 AM »
http://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/videos/vans-take-it-back-video/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpkUu-ucL1M

ehh. rowley's a legend etc etc, but much the same from him. felt like that was an ode to his propellar part or something. the ditch/bank footage is just tired. enjoyed the few street tricks he had. pedro & ronnie had some hairball shit,  look's like ronnie is 100 percent after that broken knee cap.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 09:22:45 AM by honey island »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Vans - Take It Back
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 09:27:58 AM »
I really want to dog on Pedro for Red Bull and airpods, but holy back noseblunt.

Beyond that, I'm looking forward to revisting this once every six months when it pops up into my YouTube feed.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Statebird

• Rep: 46
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 09:28:13 AM »
rowley is old and that was awesome, props to anyone over 35 skating hubbas

ronnie went in and song was perfect

needed a team montage tho

lovell makes a good flick

hmmmokay

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 09:34:43 AM »
All three of them killed it but Ronnies second to last trick got me fucked up.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 09:38:30 AM »
Rowley crushed it are you kidding? Dude is over 40 and literally still risks his life for skating. I don’t even give a shit about ditch skating but you’re tripping if you can’t get behind him.

Chameleons track was ace.

Also dope that Ben has a guest trick. Pretty sure Nike wouldn’t let someone wearing Vans in one of their videos regardless of circumstances so props to Vans.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 09:40:26 AM by mattchew »
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 09:41:24 AM »
Rowley crushed it are you kidding? Dude is over 40 and literally still risks his life for skating. I don’t even give a shit about ditch skating but you’re tripping if you can’t get behind him.

Agree 100% with this. There’s no way any of us are taking slams like that in our 40s.

Statebird

• Rep: 46
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 09:44:57 AM »
just noticed they photo shopped the sign off the fence for the cover shot but its in the footage

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2019, 09:46:42 AM »
Rowley's body must hurt. Freakin Maniac

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2019, 10:05:19 AM »
Infinite respect to Rowley for what he’s done and for still pushing himself but I agree that I’m bored of seeing him noseblunt ditches. A few great tricks in there though. The popshuv over the wall and the impossible fifty stood out to me.

Pedro is a maniac but he doesn’t really do it for me.

Ronnie has great style and keeps tranny skating interesting. His part was amazing.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2019, 10:11:38 AM »

Also dope that Ben has a guest trick. Pretty sure Nike wouldn’t let someone wearing Vans in one of their videos regardless of circumstances so props to Vans.
This.
Imagine not backing Rowley of all people, jesus.  There aren't many parts out now better than his part in Sorry.  In 2002.  Dude rules.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 10:16:18 AM by jorge »

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2019, 10:33:11 AM »
i back rowley, i never said i didn't? i just don't care for ditch/bank skating regardless of who is doing it.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2019, 10:51:51 AM »
i back rowley, i never said i didn't? i just don't care for ditch/bank skating regardless of who is doing it.
"ehh. rowley's a legend etc etc"
not a lot of respect for one of the heaviest dudes of all time.  Also, he's old and still putting it down.  Sit on your "ehh's" and "etc etc."

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2019, 11:02:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
not a lot of respect for one of the heaviest dudes of all time.  Also, he's old and still putting it down.  Sit on your "ehh's" and "etc etc."
What's he supposed to do to give respect, build a mock shrine to Rowley in his post or something?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2019, 11:14:48 AM »
Damn Ronnie came back from injury Ronnie 2.0. Really liked his part. Some skating that’s breathtaking and stylish at the same time.

Body Double

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2019, 11:19:11 AM »
What was up with the editing in Rowley's part? Showing him attempt two completely different tricks to the ones he landed. Thought that was very odd.

Glurmpz

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2019, 11:21:46 AM »
just noticed they photo shopped the sign off the fence for the cover shot but its in the footage

Good eye. Either he ended up putting the sign there so he could actually do it (and this is a previous attempt), or they photoshopped it out to make it look like he did it on raw fence. Either way I'd say that's taking it a bit too far.

I feel like they were going for a Sorry vibe with the music for Rowley, but the skating didn't really have the same energy.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 11:27:35 AM by Glurmpz »

Burton Ernie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Black Mesa avatar image
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2019, 11:28:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't think he deserves it, to be honest.

I saw Rowley at a grocery store in Los Angeles awhile back. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Sick vid, but yeah he's a weirdo.

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2019, 11:28:44 AM »
Bless Ronnie and his yellow shirt collection for carrying on Andy Mac's legacy. I'm wearing one now too.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2019, 11:29:03 AM »
Wasn't Elijah supposed to have a full part in this years Vans project (which appears to be this) to coincide with his shoe coming out this year (which dropped earlier this year). I guess he has been too injured to stack the footage required. Hopefully, he has something else on the way.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2019, 11:56:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I saw Rowley at a grocery store in Los Angeles awhile back. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Lmao I really hope people know this is a copypasta
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2019, 11:57:54 AM »
Damn Ronnie came back from injury Ronnie 2.0. Really liked his part. Some skating that’s breathtaking and stylish at the same time.

Yeah looks like the injury made him realize how temporary skating is. Gotta get some while you can. Loved his section. Best feet of any transition skater.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2019, 12:00:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

whoa!  no way!  I have a friend who bags groceries at that same LA grocery store.  he told me the same story over the weekend, except he claims to have heard someone exclaim "HAWRD" from the produce aisle after Rowley was finished verbally berating some fanboy
hardly art, hardly starving

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2019, 12:03:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Good eye. Either he ended up putting the sign there so he could actually do it (and this is a previous attempt), or they photoshopped it out to make it look like he did it on raw fence. Either way I'd say that's taking it a bit too far.

I feel like they were going for a Sorry vibe with the music for Rowley, but the skating didn't really have the same energy.

I felt the same thing. I love Rowley and have lots of respect for him putting out parts like this, but the music wasn't matched well with the skating.

Irvine-Sucks.com

KP

• Rep: 16
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2019, 12:07:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Agree 100% with this. There’s no way any of us are taking slams like that in our 40s.
this

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2019, 12:10:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

whoa!  no way!  I have a friend who bags groceries at that same LA grocery store.  he told me the same story over the weekend, except he claims to have heard someone exclaim "HAWRD" from the produce aisle after Rowley was finished verbally berating some fanboy
I've learned over the years that most tl;dr shit on Slap is copypasta.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2019, 12:11:24 PM »
I really enjoyed it. I'm glad they had individual parts instead of just a big montage.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2019, 12:15:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
What's he supposed to do to give respect, build a mock shrine to Rowley in his post or something?

Would be a good start

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2019, 12:17:44 PM »
Noo Pedro don't film with airpods in your so sexy ahaha

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2019, 12:27:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

All the pasta needed was some sauce. And you just added a great big hearty dollop of Ragu.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2019, 12:28:47 PM »
Loved rowley’s footage in this!
I’m a fat Siamese cat.