Author Topic: Vans - Take It Back  (Read 14744 times)

VHS ERA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Vans - Take It Back
« Reply #150 on: August 18, 2019, 07:43:33 PM »
Rowley part was sick. Footage of old dudes I grew up on still ripping will always get me more stoked than any new guy part could. Exactly what I needed to see before skating today. Went out and filmed a clip on a bank today and skated a little faster.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #151 on: August 18, 2019, 08:24:24 PM »
Rowley part was sick. Footage of old dudes I grew up on still ripping will always get me more stoked than any new guy part could. Exactly what I needed to see before skating today. Went out and filmed a clip on a bank today and skated a little faster.
Haha this sounds like a response from some kind of A.I built solely to fit in on the slap message boards.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2019, 08:31:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Haha this sounds like a response from some kind of A.I built solely to fit in on the slap message boards.

I havent read one post in this thread. Do they like it or are they mad about something?

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2019, 08:47:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I havent read one post in this thread. Do they like it or are they mad about something?

Dudes are shitting on rowley because to them skating big shit is stair sets and handrails, yet I’m pretty sure I’d rather try a lot more rails and stair sets over the ditches and fly outs in here. all You need to know is we have morons on slap as per usual, that’s about it.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2019, 10:35:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
all You need to know is we have morons on slap as per usual, that’s about it.
..says the moron

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
« Reply #155 on: August 18, 2019, 10:41:14 PM »
There's just a popular opinion that skateboarding is a cow and Geoff's milking it. Despite his years of shredding he is undeserving of taking things different,or low impact according to some.

I loved the part,not his best  but at least he is still trying to make it work with what he has got

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #156 on: August 18, 2019, 11:32:32 PM »
If any of you even took one of Rowley's slams from back in the day you wouldn't be skating at all let alone skating any of the ditch spots in this video post 40 years old. I feel sorry for people who don't get stoked on anything thats not Johnny Candoeverything doing the craziest tricks in the newest zoom-in-on-everyone's-face generic video.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #157 on: August 19, 2019, 01:31:26 PM »
I feel sorry for people who don't get stoked on anything thats not Johnny Candoeverything doing the craziest tricks in the newest zoom-in-on-everyone's-face generic video.
Ok I've posted in here way too many times, I'll make this my last. But this is what I don't understand, Why do you guys assume that because I don't like a new rowley part I only fuck with like Zion and that french back 3 kickflip guy (or whoever Johnny candoeverything is trying to refer to) When in reality I like to think I'm like everyone else with a brain and enjoy wknd or atlantic drift videos, Maybe some new Jake Johnson or Danny Brady for example.

And then you guys go off with ridiculous confidence that everyone is a moron, or some young dumb kid. When I think what might be worse than all of it are the obviously young kids who post on here just enough to pretend they're like an open-minded 30+ skater and think andrew allen is the best of all time strictly to fit it.

and give replies like this..
Anyway thats enough slap for today

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
« Reply #158 on: August 19, 2019, 02:07:02 PM »
Andrew Allen is the best of all time.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #159 on: August 19, 2019, 04:12:14 PM »
Expand Quote
I feel sorry for people who don't get stoked on anything thats not Johnny Candoeverything doing the craziest tricks in the newest zoom-in-on-everyone's-face generic video.
[close]
Ok I've posted in here way too many times, I'll make this my last. But this is what I don't understand, Why do you guys assume that because I don't like a new rowley part I only fuck with like Zion and that french back 3 kickflip guy (or whoever Johnny candoeverything is trying to refer to) When in reality I like to think I'm like everyone else with a brain and enjoy wknd or atlantic drift videos, Maybe some new Jake Johnson or Danny Brady for example.

And then you guys go off with ridiculous confidence that everyone is a moron, or some young dumb kid. When I think what might be worse than all of it are the obviously young kids who post on here just enough to pretend they're like an open-minded 30+ skater and think andrew allen is the best of all time strictly to fit it.

and give replies like this..
Expand Quote
[close]
Anyway thats enough slap for today
Just because you don't fit into the generalization of a dumb kid who hates seasoned skaters' parts doesnt mean the generalization exists for no reason. There's plenty of people that hate Rowley's current output and love the most generic, "look pissed and serious before doing a pretty safe trick that doesn't warrant the dramatics." Good on you for having good taste. Sorry my stereotype hit you wrong.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #160 on: August 19, 2019, 04:18:16 PM »
I’m a secret 16 year old? Sick I hope my knees start acting like it. You’re a weird dude and dumb.

Anyway thats enough slap for today forever
Fixed that for you.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #161 on: August 19, 2019, 04:37:57 PM »
I always think of his session on that 9 stair rail in Whittier in Sorry. He does a big spin front board, 360 flip lip, 270 lip, then cab front board to regs and to fakie. It was such an epic firing off of tricks at the time but was like a harbinger of the Nyjah era of contest skating. Those same tricks down practically that same rail in the big section could’ve won almost any contest from like 2007-2017.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #162 on: August 20, 2019, 06:01:16 AM »
If any of you even took one of Rowley's slams from back in the day you wouldn't be skating at all let alone skating any of the ditch spots in this video post 40 years old. I feel sorry for people who don't get stoked on anything thats not Johnny Candoeverything doing the craziest tricks in the newest zoom-in-on-everyone's-face generic video.

THANKS.

Also, let's talk milking.....
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2019, 01:36:32 PM »
just noticed they photo shopped the sign off the fence for the cover shot but its in the footage

Yo either you are Roger Bagley, or we have 100% proof that he lurks SLAP because nobody else is noticing that.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2019, 07:35:54 PM »
Is there anyone else Rowley's age still pushing themselves physically at that level?
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #165 on: August 22, 2019, 07:40:52 PM »
Is there anyone else Rowley's age still pushing themselves physically at that level?

Jamie Thomas is a little older and he still tries to go for it, we’ll see in the Zero video soon. Reynolds of course although he’s 41.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #166 on: August 23, 2019, 12:21:41 AM »
Expand Quote
just noticed they photo shopped the sign off the fence for the cover shot but its in the footage
[close]

Yo either you are Roger Bagley, or we have 100% proof that he lurks SLAP because nobody else is noticing that.
Its pretty obvious if you see the mag after the part, and Boil the Ocean pointed it out in his latest post.

silvertone_spacemachine

• Rep: 63
« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2019, 02:29:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Rowley crushed it are you kidding? Dude is over 40 and literally still risks his life for skating. I don’t even give a shit about ditch skating but you’re tripping if you can’t get behind him.

Chameleons track was ace.
[close]

Agree 100% with this. There’s no way any of us are taking slams like that in our 40s.

just gotta bump this

silvertone_spacemachine

• Rep: 63
« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2019, 02:35:38 PM »
Rowley is still so sick. Loved him skating to gray matter.

burtreynolds.jpeg

« Reply #169 on: September 12, 2019, 06:08:06 AM »
What's up with this Elijah Berle part?
I read that Gilbert is hoping on the project too.