Author Topic: Vans - Take It Back  (Read 14742 times)

Roast beef

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
Re: Vans - Take It Back
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2019, 12:37:28 PM »
Rowley is the greatest skateboarder of all time. The only person that comes close to him is Andrew Reynolds.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2188
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2019, 12:41:53 PM »
Considering all the dudes Rowley used to skate with have pretty much stopped/slowed down it's still cool to see him getting his and slamming. I enjoyed this video, three gnarly dudes.  Pedro is fucked, Ronnie is classic and Rowley is forever.

...but there was one noseblunt too many Geoff, even though they look good. Haha

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

SkateKitten

• Rep: -21
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2019, 12:43:52 PM »
Rowley looks sick. Is he okay?

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1166
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2019, 12:47:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i back rowley, i never said i didn't? i just don't care for ditch/bank skating regardless of who is doing it.
[close]
"ehh. rowley's a legend etc etc"
not a lot of respect for one of the heaviest dudes of all time.  Also, he's old and still putting it down.  Sit on your "ehh's" and "etc etc."
[close]

I don't think he deserves it, to be honest.

I saw Rowley at a grocery store in Los Angeles awhile back. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Sick vid, but yeah he's a weirdo.
[close]

whoa!  no way!  I have a friend who bags groceries at that same LA grocery store.  he told me the same story over the weekend, except he claims to have heard someone exclaim "HAWRD" from the produce aisle after Rowley was finished verbally berating some fanboy
[close]

All the pasta needed was some sauce. And you just added a great big hearty dollop of Ragu.

that's because that same grocery bagging friend told me Koston was planning on coming over for dinner and last time my mom attempted to serve pasta with just light sauce, Koston kicked over the dining room table, jumped on the heirloom chandelier, and exclaimed "FUCK YOUR FACE!" my family has been of light sauce and on hearty Ragu ever since
hardly art, hardly starving

lalala

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 13
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2019, 12:49:35 PM »
2nd part in a row Rowley drops where the gnarliest trick is a slam, respect for that and for the Ben cameo, he is mised ❤

gripping the dick like a church girl giving her first hand job
head of the dick gonna be purple like my uncles face when he hung himself

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2019, 12:51:27 PM »
Rowley is the greatest skateboarder of all time. The only person that comes close to him is Andrew Reynolds.
Uh? Koston, Carroll, Daewon?

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2019, 01:00:34 PM »
Man yall are trippin. I never cared about Rowley skating, but this part was insane. Dude is old and put out some gnarly shit. Slap now is a bunch of 20's guys trying to be cool.

thebacker

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2019, 01:06:09 PM »
Street Pedro doesn’t disappoint

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2019, 01:07:45 PM »
Man yall are trippin. I never cared about Rowley skating, but this part was insane. Dude is old and put out some gnarly shit. Slap now is a bunch of 20's guys trying to be cool.
What the fuck is wrong with Slap.  If you ride a skateboard and never cared for Rowleys skating focus your shit now.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2019, 01:19:08 PM »
I'm not in my 20's, Am well aware that his sorry part is one of the best of all time, Doesn't mean I have to enjoy him milking it and doing the most low impact repetitive ditch tricks.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2019, 01:22:26 PM »
The Good - Rowley really going for it and getting some street tricks.  Pedro doing ridiculous video game shit.  Ronnie killing it harder than ever after such a brutal injury that would make most quit skating altogether.

The Bad - Countless noseslides in ditches, followed by two parts filmed almost entirely in skateparks.  For some reason I thought it was going to be Pedro Delfino in this, and I was pretty disappointed when I realized my mistake.

The Ugly - Ronnie’s song was one of the lamest covers I’ve ever heard, and it was still the best song in the video.  You can dedicate a video to Jake (RIP) without using the shitty music he was into.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2019, 01:31:52 PM »
Rowley is still so sick. Loved him skating to gray matter.

stephop180

• Rep: -2
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2019, 01:34:38 PM »
The tricks he does he looks really good doing them still.

enrgydrnkr

• Rep: 25
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2019, 01:57:26 PM »
ronnie sandoval with some of that oververt stuff was just un fucking believable. front blunt 270 on oski's wall had the most satisfying popout. that guy is good
pedro's nosepick on the portrero fence was deadly

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2019, 01:59:20 PM »
People hating on Rowley are out of their minds, that was great.

DotGuru

• Rep: 23
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2019, 02:02:10 PM »
I'm not in my 20's, Am well aware that his sorry part is one of the best of all time, Doesn't mean I have to enjoy him milking it and doing the most low impact repetitive ditch tricks.

When you get to a certain age, low impact is your only option. I was excited to see the part and it seems like he's doing his best and beyond.

Is Jeremy Klein to blame? It seems like he had entire sections made up of ditch skating. I always enjoyed them as well.

stephop180

• Rep: -2
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2019, 02:20:47 PM »
There is no excuse for him  not to be dropping hammers at 40+ when pretty much everyone else is.

aloftystandard

• Rep: 2
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2019, 02:33:00 PM »
Ronnie's stuff was incredible.

My only grip with the Rowley stuff, just for the sake of efficiency, is I could have done without all the bails. I watch most this shit at work and I got things to do I gont need to watch him sliding down banks for five minutes.

DotGuru

• Rep: 23
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2019, 02:35:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
There is no excuse for him  not to be dropping hammers at 40+ when pretty much everyone else is.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm, but if not then you must tell me which parts to watch. I love seeing old guys kill it.
I mean street parts, though.

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2019, 03:06:56 PM »
I've been put off by Rowleys hunting bullshit but I can't deny how gnarly his part was. Anyone hating on the level of skating probably couldn't roll down some of those ditches in their prime let alone take a slam like that past 40

coneklr

« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2019, 03:41:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Rowley crushed it are you kidding? Dude is over 40 and literally still risks his life for skating. I don’t even give a shit about ditch skating but you’re tripping if you can’t get behind him.

Chameleons track was ace.
[close]

Agree 100% with this. There’s no way any of us are taking slams like that in our 40s.

Challenge accepted ;)

roomservice

• Rep: -209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2019, 03:58:01 PM »
Ronnie skates like someone with great health insurance

Dirk_Diggler

« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2019, 04:36:45 PM »
So not one person mentioned that monster backside flip he does up that giant wall that he also skated in propeller? Or that halfcab heel bluntslide he does down that ditch?

SLAP is slipping!

doublesteveburger

« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2019, 04:44:28 PM »
So not one person mentioned that monster backside flip he does up that giant wall that he also skated in propeller? Or that halfcab heel bluntslide he does down that ditch?

SLAP is slipping!

I’ve been to slab city and that thing is no fucking joke. Also, those tricks at gates of hell and the rest of the shit he’s done there is insane.

Dirk_Diggler

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2019, 05:01:07 PM »
Expand Quote

SLAP is slipping!
[close]

I’ve been to slab city and that thing is no fucking joke. Also, those tricks at gates of hell and the rest of the shit he’s done there is insane.

How high would you think that slab city spot is in person?? That shit is bananas.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2019, 05:23:25 PM »
I know he’s not jumping down huge sets but if that stuff is low impact i’m a fingerboarder

billyerlife

« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2019, 05:38:35 PM »
Slap is an excellent daily reminder that it is so easy to find something to bitch about. I include myself in the set of everybody, of course. Doesn't change the fact that if you bitch all day long, then you were probably the bitch all along.

Geoff was awesome. Ronnie blew my fucking brains out. Lived the song, unbelievable skating. I'd buy the dvd of this video, no question.

homegrown83

• Rep: -83
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2019, 06:12:46 PM »
I think it's ironic how some here are complaining about Rowley doing low impact stuff in his 40's when he was the first to hit some of the biggest spots in skating (Staple Center, that giant 20 stair he boardslid in Sorry, and the ollie down the 18 in the same part). I think Rowley has earned the right to skate smaller stuff (even though you could probably get more fucked up skating some of those banks).

Anyways, I thought Rowley killed it with great style, along with Pedro and Ronnie.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2019, 06:28:22 PM »
If the theme was a dedication to Phelps, sort of surprising the video didn't have more TNT footage considering he was in a band with him, was a SOTY and reps SF.

Dirk_Diggler

« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2019, 06:35:04 PM »
I think it's ironic how some here are complaining about Rowley doing low impact stuff in his 40's when he was the first to hit some of the biggest spots in skating (Staple Center, that giant 20 stair he boardslid in Sorry, and the ollie down the 18 in the same part). I think Rowley has earned the right to skate smaller stuff (even though you could probably get more fucked up skating some of those banks).

Anyways, I thought Rowley killed it with great style, along with Pedro and Ronnie.

Exactly. If Reynolds got the nod of approval to skate low impact, why not Rowley? Not that any of that shit was low impact or anything, but I’d probably enjoy watching 5 minutes of Rowley skating a curb more than anything any of today’s robots put out.