Author Topic: Moving to Colorado  (Read 3419 times)

theintern43

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -19
Moving to Colorado
« on: August 13, 2019, 10:22:10 PM »
A year from now Im looking to move, thinking Fort Collins, Greeley, Boulder or even Durango.

Anyone live here and have insight to share?

I like to boulder (rock climb), skate, outdoor type shit, and as typical as it sounds smoke

Had a small chance to move to Fort Collins after college and I shouldve gone, so now Im looking to go

theintern43

Re: Moving to Colorado
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 06:26:30 AM »
any help/advice is appreciated

Barf The Mog

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 09:33:45 AM »
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=104522.0

You might find some nuggets of info in there

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 11:26:41 AM »
A year from now Im looking to move, thinking Fort Collins, Greeley, Boulder or even Durango.

Anyone live here and have insight to share?

I like to boulder (rock climb), skate, outdoor type shit, and as typical as it sounds smoke

Had a small chance to move to Fort Collins after college and I shouldve gone, so now Im looking to go

Honestly for what youre interested in boulder sounds like the spot for you. flatirons right there and like 30 minutes out of denver for everything else. Greely or loveland might be cheaper options but for sure thats the area

deathturd

• Rep: 88
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 02:21:55 PM »
Boulder is great, but it's super expensive to live there. Skate scene is pretty good and there are a bunch of spots hidden all over town. The farther east you go past Denver the less there is to do and the more you have to drive. Basically, if you can afford Boulder, you won't be bummed. Broomfield, Westminster and Arvada are more affordable, and in between Boulder and Denver.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 03:52:20 PM »
I live in Steamboat, been here two years now

If you want to spend your time in the mountains , don't move to the front range. Durango is an incredible place, but quite isolated.  You're almost as close to Albuquerque as you are to Denver.

If you want to street skate, I'd move closer to Denver, but if you want to spend more time in the mountains, I'd look into finding work within a mountain town. Frisco,Silverthorne,Breck area in Summit county is smack in the mountains but also has some really good parks to skate (Team Pain). You are close to Copper/Woodward, Leadville, etc. 

Boulder is way too crowded/expensive for what you get.

Do you snowboard? Winter is pretty serious here and you'll want to entertain taking up some winter activities to get your thru the winter/long spring/short fall.

sk84s8n

• Rep: -53
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2019, 06:09:56 AM »
You gotta find the Duck Pond bowl while you're out there

theintern43

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2019, 07:51:22 AM »
i have some friends in fort collins, what about there? leaning more towards that area

deathturd

• Rep: 88
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2019, 10:11:04 AM »
Epic DIY park in Ft Collins along with a few other smaller parks. Not a ton of street spots but there are some good ones. The local shop is great. As for other stuff, it's a pretty active town and there's plenty outdoorsy opportunities

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2019, 02:57:57 PM »
You could get gnarly and become a homesteader in the middle of nowhere.

https://harpers.org/archive/2019/08/the-last-frontier/

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

_operator

• Rep: -12
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2019, 06:43:12 PM »
Greeley sucks, ft collins gets super boring, Boulder is cool for a day but the park is garbage compared to all the new one that have been built around the state. No comment on Durango.

Denver is really chill lots to do, lots of climbing gyms, rad weed scene(parties and whatnot). Really nice to be close to any light rail station, they all go to D park. D park is cool, great park will make you a better skater if you let it, just be careful who you make friends with, easy to get caught up drinking there all day, mad female skaters kick it there, mad females walking by, it has lights.

Those other places are a little isolated compared to the metro area especially if you're not some freshman in college. Denver is where its at for a variety of activities.

Look at this map of all our skateparks https://speakeasyskate.com/map/

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2019, 04:49:48 AM »
Boulder is shit for skating because you’ll actually get snaked in the streets by a longboarder named chad/brad.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2019, 05:01:20 AM »
Greeley sucks, ft collins gets super boring, Boulder is cool for a day but the park is garbage compared to all the new one that have been built around the state. No comment on Durango.

Denver is really chill lots to do, lots of climbing gyms, rad weed scene(parties and whatnot). Really nice to be close to any light rail station, they all go to D park. D park is cool, great park will make you a better skater if you let it, just be careful who you make friends with, easy to get caught up drinking there all day, mad female skaters kick it there, mad females walking by, it has lights.

Those other places are a little isolated compared to the metro area especially if you're not some freshman in college. Denver is where its at for a variety of activities.

Op should not come to Dpark if he wants to move to Boulder. Keep your gross tall boy IPAs over there.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

theintern43

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2019, 06:39:13 AM »

ok thanks ive narrowed it doen to fort collins or denver, what makes you say FC is boring?

Rick_Kane

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2019, 11:40:56 AM »
Denver's full. Go with Fort Collins.

theintern43

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2019, 05:49:32 PM »

have you visited both?

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2019, 06:29:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

have you visited both?
Yeah I have, and you would rather go to FTc dude. You’ll hate Denver

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2019, 01:13:00 PM »
One of my best friends moved there about two years ago.He loves it. Went out there this past April to spend some time out there and I can see why. He started a band with Marisa Dal Santo and pretty much always has something neat to do. Ton to see, good food spots and for whatever reason when we went to see the Rockies play, it was only 4.00 which was cool. Watched em crust the Phillies.
 Skated a ton, namely Golden and Arvada which both caught my attention and I had the most fun at.

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2019, 11:52:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

ok thanks ive narrowed it doen to fort collins or denver, what makes you say FC is boring?
fort collins is boring in a social sense, simply because we're so close to denver so everyone drives an hour to party instead of doing it at home. there's 5-6 skateparks and a bunch of other outdoorsy shit, it will definitely keep you occupied.
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2019, 08:01:04 AM »
One of my best friends moved there about two years ago.He loves it. Went out there this past April to spend some time out there and I can see why. He started a band with Marisa Dal Santo and pretty much always has something neat to do. Ton to see, good food spots and for whatever reason when we went to see the Rockies play, it was only 4.00 which was cool. Watched em crust the Phillies.
 Skated a ton, namely Golden and Arvada which both caught my attention and I had the most fun at.

You can always get rockpile tickets for 2-4$. So cheap. Flew back out this summer just to see a couple Os interleague games. I worked 15 years for Bison, the company that made the party deck. Just head to the deck on 1st base side and claim your spot. 

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2019, 08:28:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
fort collins is boring in a social sense, simply because we're so close to denver so everyone drives an hour to party instead of doing it at home. there's 5-6 skateparks and a bunch of other outdoorsy shit, it will definitely keep you occupied.
Ft Collins is fun if you are into being boring I enjoyed it as a retreat from Denver......
 Denver kinda sucks only snobs, juggalos and hippies roll there. The Denver park is rad if you go during the morning or when there's only a few people there.

Punch a WetBoy in the dick if you meet one.
Dueces Bitch's

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2019, 08:06:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
Ft Collins is fun if you are into being boring I enjoyed it as a retreat from Denver......
 Denver kinda sucks only snobs, juggalos and hippies roll there. The Denver park is rad if you go during the morning or when there's only a few people there.

Yeah go ahead a punch a “wet boy” from whatever year that was poppin. All those fools have jobs and kids now and will still beat you in a fight or a game of skate.

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2019, 08:07:46 AM »
Ok they probably won’t beat you in a game of skate cuz they’re washed but whatever

duster1

• Rep: 0
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2019, 09:02:45 AM »

Damn! Only $4 is a great price, I have never been to an MLB game, but Coors field seems like a sweet stadium. Did y’all get high before the game?
Skating and Baitin

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2019, 10:00:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Yeah go ahead a punch a “wet boy” from whatever year that was poppin. All those fools have jobs and kids now and will still beat you in a fight or a game of skate.
Already broke ones kids jaw in 2008 and beat two of those kooks in a game of skate, fuck those idiots they can suck my nuts!
Dueces Bitch's

_operator

• Rep: -12
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2019, 04:48:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sorry for the delayed response. I am new to this cyber realm. FC is not boring for one day of skating or one night of partying. But denver is a real city with endless spots and places to skate nearby and within, that being said its still not a very big city. FC is a small town, a small college town. Its cool for a visit but it will never make you a real man like holding your own in a real city.

rubbery vagina

• Rep: -51
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2019, 05:07:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Sorry for the delayed response. I am new to this cyber realm. FC is not boring for one day of skating or one night of partying. But denver is a real city with endless spots and places to skate nearby and within, that being said its still not a very big city. FC is a small town, a small college town. Its cool for a visit but it will never make you a real man like holding your own in a real city.

Based

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2020, 11:24:26 PM »
greeley sucks, just avoid greeley.

pueblo is kinda far from denver but i had a pretty good time when i went for a couple days. dont know how affordable it is tho lol

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2020, 08:28:45 AM »
greeley sucks, just avoid greeley.

pueblo is kinda far from denver but i had a pretty good time when i went for a couple days. dont know how affordable it is tho lol
greeley just built 2 pristine skate plazas, supposedly. I’m gonna check them out today. Other than that it smells fully like shit up there.

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2020, 04:07:12 PM »
Made the hour drive up there with some buds. Skated 3 parks and got a street clip.
This one park is about 5 months new.