Author Topic: Side Hustles  (Read 2691 times)

RCB3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
Re: Side Hustles
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2019, 04:04:43 PM »
Someone mentioned this earlier, and if you're a sole supporter of 5 this amount might not seem like a lot, but I started dropping off all my cans at the bottle drop center and it adds up more than you think. Granted I live in Oregon where the return on each can is 10 cents and I have my parents and inlaws giving me their cans, but I just only make drop offs when I'm going to run an errand or already going past it, so I'm really not investing any extra time in it. I calculated it out and at the current rate I make drop offs, I'm making an extra $750 a year, which I understand may not seem like a lot with multiple kids.

Irvine-Sucks.com

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2019, 04:34:27 AM »
Someone mentioned this earlier, and if you're a sole supporter of 5 this amount might not seem like a lot, but I started dropping off all my cans at the bottle drop center and it adds up more than you think. Granted I live in Oregon where the return on each can is 10 cents and I have my parents and inlaws giving me their cans, but I just only make drop offs when I'm going to run an errand or already going past it, so I'm really not investing any extra time in it. I calculated it out and at the current rate I make drop offs, I'm making an extra $750 a year, which I understand may not seem like a lot with multiple kids.

i dunno man, i only have one kid and an extra 700 wuld be real nice haha. every litle helps

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2019, 04:36:36 AM »
That looks real nice. I mad a flower pot/candle holder out of mahogany with a skateboard deck insert. It's a fun material to work with.

I guess my side hustles are all over the place. I flip camera gear, but that's not super consistent I just lurk classifieds. Mostly looking for older film cameras to resell to the kids.

I have a friend who's always breaking apple products, and he usually just gives them to me free or cheap. So I'll just replace the screen or whatever and sell it. He got paid out in an insurance settlement, so he doesn't care.

I live pretty close to two sneaker shops that have raffles for rare shoes, so I try my luck at those. So far I'm 1/6 or something, but I made $600 flipping the pair I won.

I also do graphic design projects and photography on the side.

that sounds sick! yeah i love working with old boards, id love to make a guitar out of boards but I dont think i have th skills haha maybe one day

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2019, 04:59:39 AM »
Fred Gall-themed Segway tours of Philadelphia, where I show off spots he skated and streets where he bought crack, to mostly disinterested Chinese tourists

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2019, 05:45:15 AM »
I flip sneakers on the side. Make a few hundred bucks extra a month. I check outlets, liquidation type stores, sale racks and try to grab the hyped drops. Usually aim to double whatever the cost of the shoe is.

I find this one pretty easy for most of it I can do it from home and it doesn't require a great deal of time.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

• Rep: 31
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2019, 07:50:07 AM »
I flip sneakers on the side. Make a few hundred bucks extra a month. I check outlets, liquidation type stores, sale racks and try to grab the hyped drops. Usually aim to double whatever the cost of the shoe is.

I find this one pretty easy for most of it I can do it from home and it doesn't require a great deal of time.

Sounds like a good hustle. You just buy your size and wear it if you can’t sell it or do you buy a range of sizes?

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2019, 08:36:30 AM »
Fred Gall-themed Segway tours of Philadelphia, where I show off spots he skated and streets where he bought crack, to mostly disinterested Chinese tourists

Somewhere in China there is a photo album of random ledges that even a Chinese tourist can't explain to their family.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick