Author Topic: Duffman of Foundation  (Read 22783 times)

tony volume

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
Re: Duffman of Foundation
« Reply #120 on: August 20, 2019, 09:02:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Time to just skate for fun Duffman. Please don’t try to start another brand.
[close]

adored will most likely happen now.
[close]

I could see that happening. Or maybe Rowley reaching out to him. But honestly I think he would thrive on Hockey. Corey is gonna skate to the death.
[close]

I hope he ends up on Hockey. Could get the Gino treatment.
Between the Label, Heroine, and Freedome. I would prefer Label, just because I'd like to see Klein and Rowley on a team together.

This got me thinking, how many Foundation riders left for good brands? All I can think of is Shimizu, Fowler, and Salazar (does Johan count?).
[close]
Elijah was either Am or about to be announced as an AM when he peaced for Chocolate. Billy Marks went from Foundation to Toy Machine. Creager to Blind (back when Blind still had a sick team). Mulder went from Foundation to World Industies in one of the best ads in recent memory.  Heath and Berra left for Birdhouse. Steve Olsen left to get on the original Shorty's line-up.
[close]

rowan went to Baker too
[close]

Leo Romero from foundation to baker, to toy machine
[close]

leticia, foundy to plan b
Ethan Fowler to ...
Bummer High

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2019, 03:19:08 AM »
I could totally see him going to Black Label for the rest of his days. Hockey sounds cool but he doesn't fit at all.  A DGK guest model first is a must tho!

Agree, disagree, very interesting
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

DCOTY

• Rep: 5
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2019, 05:22:54 AM »
If Duffman ends up on hockey I’ll immediately rush out and buy his board.
I second this

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2019, 05:25:43 AM »
I had a friend that always said foundation weird. Sounded like "fun day shin". That used to drive me crazy. He also did stationary 360 flips with his front foot so far back, it was almost on the tail too. Horrid style. And was so into tom penny that he'd write penny , full leg, on his jeans. That part was acceptable.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3422
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2019, 08:06:29 AM »
It's imteresting to me that he ends that post with "I have been thinking how to bottom."

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #125 on: August 21, 2019, 11:11:29 AM »
I'm not surprised, I'm just disappointed.
Also defo thought Duffel was older than 35. His body has taken some of the worst abuse I've seen in skate videos.
No one else was / is filming and taking slams on hubbas/ handrails with double wrist casts. He was always a hard working pro.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #126 on: August 21, 2019, 12:32:57 PM »
Im glad he finally ripped the band aid off. its been obvious for a while that someone at Fosko didnt want him around anymore. I respect the loyalty he had to that brand though, that is a quality you dont see often.

i was a huge Duffel fan for years, even his new parts are sick. hopefully he lands on his feet. would be a bummer for him to end up like JWray. legends like them deserve some level of comfort  past there prime, they put the work in for it

Someone above mentioned Heroin and I personaly think that would be rad. probably wont happen though.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #127 on: August 21, 2019, 11:00:01 PM »
Hell of a run, i like the duffman, hope he keeps skating and filming, putting out parts here and now, dont see him getting on any other company

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

doublesteveburger

« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2019, 12:33:37 AM »
Still no proper send off from the Foundation camp?

Dude singlehandedly kept them afloat for years. You can’t tell me some 15 year old was dying to buy a Fowler board in 2003.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2019, 12:53:38 AM »
what if he went to Zero?

Or, why was he never on Zero anyways?
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2019, 12:55:40 AM »
what if he went to Zero?

I would have to imagine this is one of the few companies that Foundation pays better than.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2019, 09:36:35 PM »
Still no proper send off from the Foundation camp?

WACK

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2019, 12:13:16 AM »
I have become quite a fan of him with the recent parts and also liked that he addressed his stupid comments from the past.  He has got one of the most recognizable styles ever and is a legend.  Hope he finds a home that treats him well.

euro tm

« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2019, 06:16:11 AM »
Expand Quote
what if he went to Zero?

[close]
I would have to imagine this is one of the few companies that Foundation pays better than.

he rode for fallen for like a month and dipped. jamie talks about it in some interview.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2019, 07:08:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
what if he went to Zero?

[close]
[close]

he rode for fallen for like a month and dipped. jamie talks about it in some interview.

it was so quick I forgot about it.

I'm wondering if during "That's Life" he was making good money, or if he ever made good money.

He deserves the cash. 
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2019, 07:11:35 AM »

euro tm

« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2019, 01:12:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
what if he went to Zero?

[close]
[close]

[close]

it was so quick I forgot about it.

I'm wondering if during "That's Life" he was making good money, or if he ever made good money.

He deserves the cash.

he’s a homeowner. can’t be doing that bad.

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2019, 01:13:57 PM »
Bummed to see him go, but still really excited for the whole Foundation team as a whole.
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #138 on: August 23, 2019, 01:58:04 PM »
Could be something
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 01:59:44 PM by newspaperparty »

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 656
« Reply #139 on: August 23, 2019, 02:19:24 PM »
Not saying Duffel is on Welcome or anything, but I could actually see that happening, as weird as that sounds. He seems to fit their new image.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2019, 02:32:11 PM »
Why has foundation made no mention of his departure?

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2019, 02:46:21 PM »

Yeah this is like MJ retiring and the bulls not fucking hangin his jersey.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #142 on: August 23, 2019, 02:48:02 PM »
they still got Duffle decks to sell. Hope he gets a Grimple Stix guest model

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #143 on: August 23, 2019, 04:30:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
what if he went to Zero?

[close]
[close]

If I recall correctly, you're not exactly wrong but you're also leaving out some shit too.
From what I remember Duffel was getting on, maybe had been on one trip with them , but the contract hadn't been signed and the final details hadn't been worked out. That's when that fence into ditch ollie advert came out introducing him to the team in the fallen grey scale / black and white aesthetic. BUT, It turned out JT wanted part of the deal to be Duffel repping Fallen apparel as well. This was an issue for Duffel due to his wanting to keep skating for Split clothing (were they the ones that had that demons in the attic video that came out after they were out of business ? ).

I swear I'm not making this up.
It makes me wonder how different would his career have been (if at all) had the pro deal gone through.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

ThrashGnar

• Rep: 6
« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2019, 05:32:27 PM »
I could get behind a music-inspired brand.  Board or otherwise.  Duffman has a serious passion for music & skating and I think there's room for something less serious on the skating side that fuses his passions.  Just my 2¢

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2019, 05:36:54 PM »
this whole thing just kinda makes me sad. he's still stoked on foundation, he commented on a video they posted of glick today, but they've been clearly over him for a long time.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

ballintoohard

« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2019, 05:38:53 PM »
Honestly his vibe is fucking weird lately. He spends all day on IG commenting on stuff and being pretend BFF with people when he was an asshole for like 80% of his career. His whole apology/revival thing was a bit late and a bit cringe-worthy and no brand probably wants to deal with that.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2019, 05:49:37 PM »
He wasn't an asshole for most of his career. He's always been a nice dude and people who meet him have nothing but good things to say about him. He made a stupid mistake as a kid, lost all his sponsors, made amends and rebuilt his career. That's impressive, not many people can come back from something like that. Anyone know what happened to his company BTL LTD? They made some rings and belt buckles.

upload

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2019, 10:57:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
they still got Duffle decks to sell. Hope he gets a Grimple Stix guest model

This would be nice!

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2019, 12:46:33 AM »
He wasn't an asshole for most of his career. He's always been a nice dude and people who meet him have nothing but good things to say about him. He made a stupid mistake as a kid, lost all his sponsors, made amends and rebuilt his career. That's impressive, not many people can come back from something like that. Anyone know what happened to his company BTL LTD? They made some rings and belt buckles.

upload

hes had a few random side projects like that that seem to disappesar as fat aas they appear. remember deathbeat? or deadbeat.. somerhing like that, was a pretty cool little tshirt compnay he was printing for a while.

im not sure if Devium is his company or if hes just heaily involved in it but hes promoting that pretty hard the last year or so.

im not sure the BLK LTD stuf is in line with his new image. hes not really dressing like a son of anarchy anymore haha