Author Topic: eS thread  (Read 4226 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1925
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: eS thread
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2024, 05:52:16 PM »
Let me hear y'all's thoughts and experiences with the accel slim mid...on the fence about getting a pair. Good ankle support? Tts? Good cushioning to make your feet not hurt after sessions?

Didn't wear the mid but the regular Accel Slim fits TTS, the sole is thinner and less durable that I'd like, the Swift 1.5 sole and outsole wins in that regard. Durability is not the Accel Slim's strong point, they come with a broken in feel but get floppy faster than I'd like with a sole that doesn't last as long as it should.

I'd pick it up only on discount and for nostalgia.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DarkPools

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2024, 11:22:40 PM »
Has anyone else had this problem of the sole just ripping off the heel on és quattros when taking shoes off? Really annoyed, I’ve only skated these shoes for like 15 times and they’re already broken…

Dunks/Blazers and other big corporate brand shoes last me 2-3 months of skating almost everyday. Thank god i didn’t pay the full 95€ on these.

Never, and I've owned/skated a decent number of Silo SC and Quattros that use that sole. I've had great experiences with mine lasting quite awhile. This might be a one-off defective pair, as not many, if any one else has shared this separation happening to that outsole before from what I've seen.

Did you buy from es direct or somewhere else ? If es direct, I'd recommend contacting customer support if you haven't already explored that for a fix/compensation

Accel OG largely fit me TTS but I definitely think I could/should have gone 0.5 when I was rocking them. My toes did get squished a little sometimes since the length was too stubby and not as tapered as Swift, Accel Slim, Silo SC, etc. Also, some colorways were better than others of the same size. Not many I've seen express that they run large tbh
Super Champion Fun Zone

smg1138

• Rep: 34
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2024, 02:06:21 PM »
Do the Accel Slims have any kind of midsole cushioning or is it just an outsole/insole type of design?

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2024, 05:23:54 PM »
Do the Accel Slims have any kind of midsole cushioning or is it just an outsole/insole type of design?

Thick insole, very thin sole. No midsole.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2024, 05:38:42 AM »
Wearing the Penny 2s now. They feel good.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

mrselfdestruct

• Rep: 7
  • fresh
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2024, 07:53:37 AM »
two questions: the white and blue creagers (seen a couple photos and one of them for sale on mercari in my size that sold), will that colorway ever drop or are they samples. another one, the k5, what was that outsole called? a negative sole? what was the point of it and did anyone ever skate shoes with a similar sole?
Mrs Elf is a pretty cool name.

And Mrs Elf destructing is even cooler.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2024, 08:00:10 AM »
two questions: the white and blue creagers (seen a couple photos and one of them for sale on mercari in my size that sold), will that colorway ever drop or are they samples. another one, the k5, what was that outsole called? a negative sole? what was the point of it and did anyone ever skate shoes with a similar sole?
You mean how the leather came down over the sidewalls of the sole? I think it was just for something different. Dylans first gravis shoe had it, had a friend who skated a lot of those but was prob more to do with the look/Dylan than the shoe. There was a brand in the early 00s called Evo's that had it on most shoes. Think Dyrdek had some DC's with it. Ave too

thehogsniper

• Rep: 50
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2024, 08:32:39 AM »
White/Blue - Summer 24
Black/white - Holiday 24

malevy

• Rep: 6
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2024, 09:31:01 AM »
I really wish eS would make a retro 197 in the black and grey colorway!

mrselfdestruct

• Rep: 7
  • fresh
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2024, 10:00:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
White/Blue - Summer 24
Black/white - Holiday 24
cool, thanks. where do you get this info btw? reddit?
Mrs Elf is a pretty cool name.

And Mrs Elf destructing is even cooler.

Musicaldeath107

• Rep: 122
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2024, 10:17:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You mean how the leather came down over the sidewalls of the sole? I think it was just for something different. Dylans first gravis shoe had it, had a friend who skated a lot of those but was prob more to do with the look/Dylan than the shoe. There was a brand in the early 00s called Evo's that had it on most shoes. Think Dyrdek had some DC's with it. Ave too

The technique/construction method is called Double Lasting

thehogsniper

• Rep: 50
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2024, 10:19:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
White/Blue - Summer 24
Black/white - Holiday 24
[close]
cool, thanks. where do you get this info btw? reddit?
Catalogs

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2024, 03:24:59 AM »
How is the boardfeel and support of the Swift 1.5 compared to a Etnies Michelin type shoe for example?

I like the look of the Swift 1.5 and on paper it sounds like a good cupsole with a midsole and great boardfeel?
IG: @flowterspace

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2024, 04:40:47 AM »
Swift outsole is probs my fav cupsole form recent years (bar the G6), having said that  it’s pretty thin in the scheme of things, will probs feel like a bulky ish vulc if you’re coming off joslins

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2024, 10:49:28 AM »
The Michelin outsole has you feeling the midsole/outsole between your feet and the board. As you've already experienced once you broke yours in to skate.

The Swift outsole is a notch or two below that where you still get that cupsole feel like the Joslin but you're noticeably closer to board just in feeling. Still offers almost as much grip and stability as Michelin soles, though. They are more flexible, so a "diet Michelin" is one way you could describe them.  A good sole for sure!
Super Champion Fun Zone

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2024, 11:00:59 AM »
Wow, okay I think the Swift 1.5 could be really good then. I like the Joslin shoes a lot but I think a bit more boardfeel would be nice. I currently run the Joslin's with the FP Low Gamechangers and like that a lot. Jumped down a 4 stair and felt nothing from the impact. Which really surprised me because I am used to Lakai Vulcs.

By the way, same size as the Joslin's?

Thanks pals.
IG: @flowterspace

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2024, 09:01:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
White/Blue - Summer 24
Black/white - Holiday 24
Black & White Creagers?
might actually have to buy a pair