Author Topic: Independent Trucks Mid  (Read 75162 times)

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
Re: Independent Trucks Mid
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2019, 08:00:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Since there are no more independent low trucks anymore. Indy will be dropping Indy trucks in mid height to replace the lows. I don’t know when.

They are supposed to have inverted kingpin as well.

I hope they make them in hollow hangers.

I guess low trucks are a dying breed. I still ride lows and I guess only venture trucks still make lows. Out of Indy, venture and thunder.
[close]

I also ride lows, sad to hear too cause I did like my 3 sets of Indy lows cause they were legit turning low trucks but hey

That mid with an inverted pin doesn’t sound bad! I wanna see these so bad

Can’t wait

The only legit low trucks I’ve tried so far still in production would have to be ace lows, mini logo, and if you want to consider it any thunder 147 especially the lights, hollow lights, and titanium’s with the forged plates making them around 48-50mm tall

Ventures are okay but don’t turn enough for me and I haven’t tried destructo lows yet

Royal lows are trash, krux lows are odd, and the illustrious thunder 147 low were terrible

145 low are okay
[close]

If you still haven’t tried Destructo Lows yet I’d say give them a try. As a kid I only skated really low trucks and when I went from Venture Lows to Destructo I was blown away.  They turned way better and didn’t feel like they were designed to only be ridden right. I do think my Ventures typically lasted longer but idk it could have been due to progressing and grinding the Destructos down quicker due to that plus gaining weight.

I’ve switched to Thunder Hollow Lights now but I might have to give Destructos a go again soon even if it’s just for nostalgia.
[close]
Do it! I'm skating d1 magnesium mids now and they're great!

Edit: Awhile back they did 20% discount codes for all their team riders, they might still work, check instagram.
[close]

Currently riding the same. Their great

Damn now I have to get a set

But now I can’t decide to stick to the lows or try the d1 mid like I planned to cause I wanna know what regular destructors were like but lows are my preference...

Decisions decisions

It’s true I haven’t tried destructo a yet but I have tried almost every other truck, even tensor alloys

Wait I haven’t tried bullets aha
yes

whatsreallygood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2019, 03:49:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Since there are no more independent low trucks anymore. Indy will be dropping Indy trucks in mid height to replace the lows. I don’t know when.

They are supposed to have inverted kingpin as well.

I hope they make them in hollow hangers.

I guess low trucks are a dying breed. I still ride lows and I guess only venture trucks still make lows. Out of Indy, venture and thunder.
[close]

I also ride lows, sad to hear too cause I did like my 3 sets of Indy lows cause they were legit turning low trucks but hey

That mid with an inverted pin doesn’t sound bad! I wanna see these so bad

Can’t wait

The only legit low trucks I’ve tried so far still in production would have to be ace lows, mini logo, and if you want to consider it any thunder 147 especially the lights, hollow lights, and titanium’s with the forged plates making them around 48-50mm tall

Ventures are okay but don’t turn enough for me and I haven’t tried destructo lows yet

Royal lows are trash, krux lows are odd, and the illustrious thunder 147 low were terrible

145 low are okay
[close]

If you still haven’t tried Destructo Lows yet I’d say give them a try. As a kid I only skated really low trucks and when I went from Venture Lows to Destructo I was blown away.  They turned way better and didn’t feel like they were designed to only be ridden right. I do think my Ventures typically lasted longer but idk it could have been due to progressing and grinding the Destructos down quicker due to that plus gaining weight.

I’ve switched to Thunder Hollow Lights now but I might have to give Destructos a go again soon even if it’s just for nostalgia.
[close]
Do it! I'm skating d1 magnesium mids now and they're great!

Edit: Awhile back they did 20% discount codes for all their team riders, they might still work, check instagram.
[close]

Currently riding the same. Their great

How do you guys like the turn on them? The casting of the metal looks really good and the mids have some beefy kingpin clearance. I can just never find semi recent info on them.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2020, 04:36:37 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2020, 04:55:33 PM »
I find those unattractive   :-[

Freger

• Rep: -8
  • Can I borrow your tool?
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2020, 04:56:51 PM »

Omg it wasn't cap. I wonder if it will just be for smaller sizes, or if it will be made all the way up to 169. A 149 mid could be sick

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2020, 05:03:13 PM »
the grind king finsta won.  hilarious shit

sadnocomply

• Rep: 129
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2020, 05:17:25 PM »
Lemme find out imma switch back to Indy from venture hahaha  8) fuck the chest

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 990
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2020, 05:43:57 PM »

Forged Indys are mids tho? @53.5...wonder what NHS consider 'mid' these days? 52? Indy lows were 48.5? Regs are 55..Clearly these are cast, wonder if a forged version would come in around 52mm.

With access to Krux....or pictures of gullwing....GK...DIY...they pick the lamest looking, least amount of clearance fucking method (looking at you Royal) to sell an inverted kingpin stock?

Height and shitty kingpin aside, I wonder if they touched the geo? Shield/cross moniker suggests a change in geo as previously seen from s10 -> s11
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 05:53:00 PM by Xen »

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2020, 05:49:54 PM »
With access to Krux....or pictures of gullwing....GK...DIY...they pick the lamest looking, least amount of clearance fucking method (looking at you Royal) to sell an inverted kingpin stock?

That was my first thought as well - then wondered if it would take a Krux kinpgin.   

Then windered if it would come in the hollow or Ti versions.

weedgod94

• Rep: 0
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2020, 06:14:15 PM »
These could be dope as long as they don't push out the wheelbase.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2020, 06:17:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That was my first thought as well - then wondered if it would take a Krux kinpgin.   

Then windered if it would come in the hollow or Ti versions.

If they do one thing right, let's hope it's a hex shaped slot in the baseplate (like Film has) so we can use krux pins....don't see why they wouldn't fit, they're made for low trucks as it....

I'm going to guess Indy regs bottom low tops ;)

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2020, 07:05:59 PM »
They look weird

Hopefully they’re actually good, been on the ace and mini logo train
yes

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2020, 07:06:24 PM »
They talked about releasing these years ago. Presumed the idea was knocked on the head.

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2020, 07:07:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Forged Indys are mids tho? @53.5...wonder what NHS consider 'mid' these days? 52? Indy lows were 48.5? Regs are 55..Clearly these are cast, wonder if a forged version would come in around 52mm.

Height and shitty kingpin aside, I wonder if they touched the geo? Shield/cross moniker suggests a change in geo as previously seen from s10 -> s11
Geo changes are usually to the hanger, the pivot and yoke area.
Does the "V" going down to the pivot look shorter? Or it could just be the angle of the pic.
This mid talk kinda weirds me out but I guess it's just a replacement for lows, not the forged "mids"?
Height around 50mm?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2020, 11:01:12 PM »
They've changed the cross logo on the pivot housing by putting a shield around it; for Stage IX they put a circle around the cross.

Also, 189s?

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2020, 11:28:06 PM »
They've changed the cross logo on the pivot housing by putting a shield around it; for Stage IX they put a circle around the cross.

Also, 189s?

Think they're 139s, not sure what the intention of the second pic was.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2020, 11:31:56 PM »
Underside hanger change? Not that I see any.

189 was a joke ;)

satan

« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2020, 01:26:01 AM »
2nd pic shows the "M". I'm guessing that means mid. And regular height hangers won't have this "M", just the width number.

Cosmetic change to the logo. Iirc, there was no change to stage 7-8 baseplates other than the logo.

189 seems like it would be inbetween 169 and 215's. What's that? 9.125" and 10"?
189mm = 7.44". Maybe a 7.5" hanger? Add 2.75" for axles and we're at 10.25". New name for 215's?

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2020, 01:30:06 AM »
2nd pic shows the "M". I'm guessing that means mid. And regular height hangers won't have this "M", just the width number.

Cosmetic change to the logo. Iirc, there was no change to stage 7-8 baseplates other than the logo.

189 seems like it would be inbetween 169 and 215's. What's that? 9.125" and 10"?
189mm = 7.44". Maybe a 7.5" hanger? Add 2.75" for axles and we're at 10.25". New name for 215's?

what does an inverted kingpin do to the wb if the baseplate stays the same? want to gauge my interest in these early lol
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

satan

« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2020, 02:24:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

what does an inverted kingpin do to the wb if the baseplate stays the same? want to gauge my interest in these early lol
Just the kingpin shouldn't change wb but these are mids so idk. And I've never looked closely at lows.
The size molded onto the hanger is making me nervous. Could Stage 12 be inbound? I'm hoping just a cosmetic change to the regulars, or none at all.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2020, 03:16:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Just the kingpin shouldn't change wb but these are mids so idk. And I've never looked closely at lows.
The size molded onto the hanger is making me nervous. Could Stage 12 be inbound? I'm hoping just a cosmetic change to the regulars, or none at all.

Even if it's just cosmetic, there's enough differences that the fine maniacs of this subforum will be able to justify calling them Stage XI Mk II or some variation of that. Same thing sort of happened with Stage X, they updated the yoke design and height and pretended they were still Stage X for a while. I think that "skating is my lifetime sport" blog talks about it. 

DCOTY

• Rep: 5
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2020, 03:42:54 AM »
It seems like Indy are just wanting to be the laughing stock of the skate industry

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2020, 04:19:34 AM »
I'm excited for these if the height is around 52-53 mm

Diocletian

« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2020, 04:34:06 AM »
The shield behind the Indy cross looks odd, not digging it.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2020, 05:24:35 AM »
arance fucking method (looking at you Royal) to sell an inverted kingpin stock?

A new height/new truck will obviously not have the same geo? What do you mean?

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2020, 05:34:15 AM »
The shield behind the Indy cross looks odd, not digging it.
i don’t mind it at all - something different

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2020, 06:02:48 AM »

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2020, 06:06:30 AM »
Ok dumb question. Are mids just standard indys or is it a step below standard? I think inverted kingpins are ugly but I do think they are effective. What’s everyone saying is ugly about them the king pin? This isn’t like the new Indy stage is it?

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2020, 09:54:50 AM »
It seems like Indy are just wanting to be the laughing stock of the skate industry

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2020, 10:18:14 AM »
Expand Quote
arance fucking method (looking at you Royal) to sell an inverted kingpin stock?

[close]
A new height/new truck will obviously not have the same geo? What do you mean?

::)
Gawd, this forum....a change to the geo that alters the feel/turn, not just the fucking height of the trucks... you know, like they did with Vs, VIIIs, Xs, XIs...

Expand Quote
[close]

Ok dumb question. Are mids just standard indys or is it a step below standard? I think inverted kingpins are ugly but I do think they are effective. What’s everyone saying is ugly about them the king pin? This isn’t like the new Indy stage is it?

We don't know anything about them. Pics show a cast plate and the M so we can assume it's a regular indy but lower.

Yes, the kingpin is ugly and chances are has shit grind clearance (it's the same pin style that Royal uses and has little clearance; granted Film does as well and has decent clearance, so who knows.).

Unless they change the turning geo, it's still an XI to me lowering the truck just makes them Stage XI Mids or lows.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 01:12:16 PM by Xen »