Author Topic: Independent Trucks Mid  (Read 74510 times)

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Independent Trucks Mid
« on: August 30, 2019, 10:16:18 PM »
Since there are no more independent low trucks anymore. Indy will be dropping Indy trucks in mid height to replace the lows. I don’t know when.

They are supposed to have inverted kingpin as well.

I hope they make them in hollow hangers.

I guess low trucks are a dying breed. I still ride lows and I guess only venture trucks still make lows. Out of Indy, venture and thunder.

Edit:

Because I love you all...

Good luck A) getting it out and B) getting it into another plate, not gonna happen. It's in there tight, doesn't fall out/zero wiggle. Got to admit it's nice to have a baseplate that works with no risk of the nut falling out (no clue how film does it)

Stock pin + washer

Krux pin + washer

7g lighter using Krux Pin (meh)

Tiniest bit more grind clearance with the Krux pin (L)

You can see the underside hanger curve has changed compared to the TI Hanger; I never noticed how much shorter the front part of the forge plates are compared to cast - Mid hanger has more lean towards the center of your board than the upright-ness of the forged
(L) Indy Mid Cast Plate/Standard 144                     |    (R) Indy Forged plate TI 144

Plates flush against and edge, WB is clearly tighter than the forged/and you can see one image above that the lean of hanger is more forward than upright)
(L) Indy Mid Cast Plate/Standard 144                     |    (R) Indy Forged plate TI 144

Mid Hanger Forged plate

(L) Indy Mid Cast Plate/Standard 144                     |    (R) Indy Mid cast plate TI hanger 144

(L) Indy Forged TI 144                     |    (R) Indy Mid hanger 144 FORGED PLATE 144

(L) Indy Mid Cast Plate/Standard 144                     |    (R) Indy FORGED plate Mid Hanger Standard (50.5mm now?)

Setting them up now, will measure WB compared to the forged TI will post feedback after.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 11:17:10 AM by Bubblegum Tate »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Reese

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
Re: Independent Trucks Mid
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 11:16:23 PM »
Is this not happening?

I think these are the last ones left? They are “low in stock”. Once they are sold out, I don’t think they are making anymore of them?

They are phasing them out of the catalog in the future.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Reese

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 11:19:33 PM »
Ahh rip mb
*didn't see that last part
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 12:32:09 AM by Reese »

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 04:10:07 AM »
Since there are no more independent low trucks anymore. Indy will be dropping Indy trucks in mid height to replace the lows. I don’t know when.

They are supposed to have inverted kingpin as well.

I hope they make them in hollow hangers.

I guess low trucks are a dying breed. I still ride lows and I guess only venture trucks still make lows. Out of Indy, venture and thunder.

I also ride lows, sad to hear too cause I did like my 3 sets of Indy lows cause they were legit turning low trucks but hey

That mid with an inverted pin doesn’t sound bad! I wanna see these so bad

Can’t wait

The only legit low trucks I’ve tried so far still in production would have to be ace lows, mini logo, and if you want to consider it any thunder 147 especially the lights, hollow lights, and titanium’s with the forged plates making them around 48-50mm tall

Ventures are okay but don’t turn enough for me and I haven’t tried destructo lows yet

Royal lows are trash, krux lows are odd, and the illustrious thunder 147 low were terrible

145 low are okay
yes

spanyard

• Rep: 77
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 04:46:09 AM »
Wouldn't "mid height" just be their forged height of 53.5 mm? Isn't the range from high to forged to low something approximately 55 - 53.5 - 48, respectively? Dunno how they can split hairs any further than that...

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2019, 06:34:51 AM »
So did you just see Indy's instagram story and make these assumptions or did someone else tell you this bullshit?

Dog the Bounty Hunter

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2019, 06:51:25 AM »
So did you just see Indy's instagram story and make these assumptions or did someone else tell you this bullshit?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2019, 07:44:33 AM »
What are you too scared to venture into the truck thread?  You should be.....

spanyard

• Rep: 77
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2019, 08:36:33 AM »
^i see you well played

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2019, 10:31:43 AM »
What are you too scared to venture into the truck thread?  You should be.....

I heard that’s where all the mental slappers reside

Oh wait
yes

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2019, 11:44:58 AM »
Seriously tate, what secret info are you pretending to have, other than those stories posted in that thread?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2019, 08:30:10 PM »

I asked someone who works at NHS and they said they will stop making lows (or have already) in the future.

They will just be replaced by a mid truck with an inverted kingpin. Where you need an Allen wrench to loose and tighten the truck.

Seriously tate, what secret info are you pretending to have, other than those stories posted in that thread?

I don’t even know or seen the stories. I was just told Indy lows will be replaced.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2019, 08:35:52 PM »
Go to your local shop and ask if they can order lows, they probably can order whatever is left over but if you want to grab some next year, they probably won’t be available.

Only Indy mid and highs now.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2019, 10:15:18 PM »
As someone pointed out in the thread about this in UWTB, these are likely going to be the same height as the forged at 53mm? Seems kind of pointless, especially with that weird ass Royal style inverted kingpin that's barely shorter than a normal hex nut. They could have just used the Krux pin, being NHS and all that.

freeclout

• Rep: -2
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2019, 12:22:29 PM »
Hope they do the inverted kingpin, then the others might follow, I'm looking at you venture😀

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2019, 05:59:29 PM »
It's 2019....an extra high Indy would be most fitting....

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2019, 10:56:45 PM »

Ha it surely would for all this young come and uppers just begging for more pop with fresh legs

But back in my day it was about learning every trick and landing everything, so basically having control and consistency but these days the kids just wanna be able to do whatever they want and prove that they can do it is all

Hopefully the pin is like the royal hex cause it’s easier to adjust than using the Allen key, I love the innovation of the royal inverted pin cause you can use a regular tool to adjust it and it keeps you from sticking on Smith’s and feebles and gives you more confidence in being okay landing sloppily on to a grind cause you can just run with it without sticking and eating it

The mid has to definitely just be a stage 10 standard but improved with stage 11 turning and clearance
yes

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2019, 12:28:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ha it surely would for all this young come and uppers just begging for more pop with fresh legs

But back in my day it was about learning every trick and landing everything, so basically having control and consistency but these days the kids just wanna be able to do whatever they want and prove that they can do it is all

Hopefully the pin is like the royal hex cause it’s easier to adjust than using the Allen key, I love the innovation of the royal inverted pin cause you can use a regular tool to adjust it and it keeps you from sticking on Smith’s and feebles and gives you more confidence in being okay landing sloppily on to a grind cause you can just run with it without sticking and eating it

The mid has to definitely just be a stage 10 standard but improved with stage 11 turning and clearance

Or just remake a stage 7/8 with better qc and call it a day, every stage since then has been New Coke.

Reese

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2019, 03:50:12 AM »

For someone showing such an intrest in understanding details and technicalities of gear you really dissapoint with this wack sweeping statement

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2019, 11:31:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Or just remake a stage 7/8 with better qc and call it a day, every stage since then has been New Coke.

Ooooooo do it for rowley!! Let’s get this in motion, bring back the stage 7 version.2 for rowley, so he doesn’t have to scavenger anymore and we get the best stage Indy’s back

Expand Quote
[close]

For someone showing such an intrest in understanding details and technicalities of gear you really dissapoint with this wack sweeping statement

Ur wack, I bet I could skunk you in a game of skate, you probably can’t even kickflip or have those wack mobbed kinflips and only know how to varial flip

You probably just do no complies, Ollie over stuff, wall ride stuff, think slappies are the most skilled coolest grinds and wear dickies

Yeah that’s right I’m calling you out
yes

Reese

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2019, 02:34:12 PM »
Keep typing just to type, you're pretty good at it

I was speaking to your legitimacy and you flop like a park ranger on a power trip

Sick

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2019, 03:02:17 PM »
Ollieing over stuff is the best and slappies are the coolest, come on.

Side question, what years did Indy do the stage 7/8's. About '93-'05? I'm wondering if they're hesitant to revisit those stages because Indy's were definitely less popular during that period. 

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2019, 06:07:04 PM »
Keep typing just to type, you're pretty good at it

I was speaking to your legitimacy and you flop like a park ranger on a power trip

Sick

Bro I’m too legit to quit, also I don’t even know what I was typing

Anyways even if I’m not legit or cool enough for you I don’t care, skateboardings got no rules

Whatever I think is cool is probably lame to you and whatever your about is probably lame to me but at the end of the day we’re all rejects of society who have fun playing with skateboards being above the age of 14

Slappies are fun and Ollie’s are also fun

Turns out this whole time talking about stage 7 reboot is actuallly secretly the mid height they’re working on so rowley can be happy and the slap community
yes

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2019, 08:04:49 PM »
Sarcasm aside, it's bizarre they already have a product mold that fits the bill of what they (sort of) are trying to do, but they won't do it. I mean, Tershay has gone on record as saying it's a big reason he left and started Ace. I understand brands not wanting to be regressive but they're just limping back towards what Stage 7 and 8's did perfectly.

I don't necessarily agree it would be pandering (to slap or Rowley) or nostalgia-driven to reincorporate their own designs that were objectively better. The designer of the Stage XI said in his Jenkem interview he wanted the XI's to be like the 7's and 8's. They aint, but XII's could be.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2019, 07:18:53 PM »
Sarcasm aside, it's bizarre they already have a product mold that fits the bill of what they (sort of) are trying to do, but they won't do it. I mean, Tershay has gone on record as saying it's a big reason he left and started Ace. I understand brands not wanting to be regressive but they're just limping back towards what Stage 7 and 8's did perfectly.

I don't necessarily agree it would be pandering (to slap or Rowley) or nostalgia-driven to reincorporate their own designs that were objectively better. The designer of the Stage XI said in his Jenkem interview he wanted the XI's to be like the 7's and 8's. They aint, but XII's could be.

We want the stage 7 reboot!!

Cmon Indy just give it to us

Thunders over here killin ya
yes

BMCsteve

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2019, 04:55:43 AM »
People forget just how shitty the kingpin clearance was on Stage 7 and Stage 8.   If they came out today, nobody would skate them and you all would be complaining about how it needs to have Stage 11 clearance

Seriously, it's about as much room as a Venture Low.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 04:58:43 AM by BMCsteve »

palelight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2019, 12:14:35 PM »
People forget just how shitty the kingpin clearance was on Stage 7 and Stage 8.   If they came out today, nobody would skate them and you all would be complaining about how it needs to have Stage 11 clearance

Completely true. The axle's also slipped terribly on Stage 8's.

Edit: I guess I should contextualize my mini-rants. A straight up clone of a 7/8 would be unappealing, the 7's hangers look ridiculous and 8's had some issues. But the bones of the design and the geometry are, for me, better than XI's and their drawbacks. I keep a set of 8's around and comparing them to XI's, it's no contest to me. But you're right, they're far from perfect.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 12:29:38 PM by palelight »

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2019, 03:47:40 PM »

Those look fine to me maybe even perfect as the new Indy mid, just need to be updated with quality improvements like no slip axle and stronger material and such

Venture low clearance was good for me, heck even my stage XI lows have decent clearance

Only royals, yes the new one even the standards with the reg kingpin, have clearance issues

So far a lot of trucks these days even the low versions have decent clearance

Not as good as a krux, Indy or any of the hi trucks that you can easily Smith to feeble without a scratch but good enough you don’t stick just from an uneven 50-50
yes

BMCsteve

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2019, 04:03:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Those look fine to me maybe even perfect as the new Indy mid, just need to be updated with quality improvements like no slip axle and stronger material and such

Venture low clearance was good for me, heck even my stage XI lows have decent clearance

Only royals, yes the new one even the standards with the reg kingpin, have clearance issues

So far a lot of trucks these days even the low versions have decent clearance

Not as good as a krux, Indy or any of the hi trucks that you can easily Smith to feeble without a scratch but good enough you don’t stick just from an uneven 50-50

Maybe this angle will help.  trust me, there is almost no clearance on Stage 8's.  there is less than the Royal's you're talking about.

Nobody gave a shit about Stage 8's until Rowley said they're all he will skate.  They were heavy as hell, 55mm tall and had almost no kingpin clearance.  You can like the turn of them but otherwise they were shit trucks