Author Topic: Tricks you fell really hard trying  (Read 2937 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
Re: Tricks you fell really hard trying
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2019, 09:00:09 AM »
Those first few rock fakies get everyone.

camel filters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2019, 09:14:15 AM »
back 180 to nosegrinds? switch 5-0? Whatever it's called when the ledge is frontside, you back 180 and land in a switch 5-0 or nosegrind if you were oriented regular. Like an overturned front noseslide. Jesus, this tricks even harder than describing it believe it or not. Might be the first time I legitimately smacked my face on the floor. Scared of it ever since. Been hopping on a few but without committing lately. Any tips would be appreciated.

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2019, 09:15:04 AM »
There are two I can think of where I knocked myself out cold, and probably have some long term CTE. 

First was a back 5-0 on a small park hubba, I put both wheels on the deck and zooted out right to the bottom.   Hit my head pretty hard and woke up with ten people above me. I was foggy for a day or two after.

Second,   Was about two months later. I hung up on a pivot fakie in a six foot concrete bowl, right to my head on the flat.  Was out for five or so minutes and got a sweet ride to the hospital in an ambulance.  I had post concussion symptoms for about a month after.   I still haven’t been able to get myself to commit to a pivot fakie since.  I can do blunt fakie and feeble fakie, but the pivot fucks with me. 

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 94
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2019, 09:16:43 AM »
alley oop front 180 nosegrind. overshot it and took good hipper/swellbow, haven't tried since

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2019, 09:35:05 AM »
Slammed hard on a bs blunt on a small diy spine, came up got the bs blunt slipped out and landed on my ribs. Went back two weeks later and slammed same way and my side was bruised for a longtime. Never got that trick again and I think I am fucked from skating a spine.
Dueces Bitch's

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -377
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2019, 09:45:25 AM »
Nearly every time I got broke off hard was not trying anything hard. It's when you think you have it easy and just get tossed like Supermanning from Hitting a small rock pushing through a parking lot  holding a coffee... True story.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2019, 09:47:18 AM »
Nearly every time I got broke off hard was not trying anything hard. It's when you think you have it easy and just get tossed like Supermanning from Hitting a small rock pushing through a parking lot  holding a coffee... True story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NulgtJrRfPQ

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2019, 09:56:10 AM »
pretty much every session that I'll try to do a front 180 to switch back crooks on a ledge, guaranteed one of my many attempts i go into lipslide and get pitched.

Then i feel like a bitch for eating shit so i force myself to land it while i'm pissed and my adrenaline is running lol

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2019, 10:22:50 AM »
rock to fakie, never tried after
ollie down a 4 stairs after 5 months of skating. Broke a bone on my left foot like a dumbass. Did my first and cleanest inward heelflip 30 minutes before that, perfect pop and landing, I thought this would be a good session.

AllShitty

• Rep: 0
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2019, 10:40:18 AM »
Front crooks, on anything.  Never could figure it out, my foot always touches the ledge/flatbar or whatever and sends me flying onto my back.  Still eludes me.  Also tried a nollie back noseblunt on a flatbar one night cause I thought I could be Koston, smacked my head so hard I'm still recovering 20 years later.  When I forget what I did last weekend, I blame it on that one attempt.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2019, 10:46:20 AM »
Dropping in
Me: 11 . 0 experience skating park. Never skated any transition. 1000+ hours of tony hawk pro skater. Saw every episode of Sk8-tv. regularly Watching games repeats and gigantic skatepark tour on ESPN at midnight. Just got a  Gundam wing skateboard from Walmart because we had already gone to target and couldn't find a Tony Hawk board.

Went to the brand new vans skatepark. Dude is skating the 9ft vert ramp. Bailing on kickflip indy to fakie, because he's obviously trash. Get on the deck. Figured I'd do a couple of setup airs before I start trying 5's.

I put my tail on coping immedietly get scared. Start humming superman by Goldfinger to hype myself up. Kickflip indy guy is talking to some girls through the fence. total Poosey. set my tail up again and put my front foot on the board. immediately slam on the flat bottom blackout. K.Findy posey picks me up. Helping some random kid up like a chad.

Decided I should skate the mini instead because guy Mariano and alf killed the sk8tv mini anyway. pretty much repeats vert ramp experience again.

looks at decks in the pro shop until my parents pick me up.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2156
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2019, 12:58:33 PM »
Most of ‘em.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2019, 01:00:32 PM »
The only bone I broke skating was due to falling while doing a manual. Talk about embarrassing.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2019, 01:03:15 PM »

Figured I'd do a couple of setup airs before I start trying 5's.

LMAO
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2019, 01:54:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NulgtJrRfPQ

my favorite part of this clip is that he just silently walks away at the end. cracks me up.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

ohnowisee

• Rep: -2
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2019, 02:04:01 PM »
My first attempt at a back boardslide on a recycled plastic bench we all used to skate way back in the day.  Slid out, crushed my elbow, bled forever.  The concession stand guy at the pool almost passed out handing me ONE napkin.  I said, I'm probably going to need a couple more.
Ilford is way more core than Kodak - natenola forever

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2019, 02:54:39 PM »
a lot

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2019, 02:56:00 PM »
Sprained my ankle 3 times trying to kickflip down a 3 stair at my local skatepark, retired from flip tricks down sets over 10 years ago.

drcroc

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2019, 03:05:30 PM »
Sprained my ankle 3 times trying to kickflip down a 3 stair at my local skatepark, retired from flip tricks down sets over 10 years ago.

Personally:
Age 24: I'm done with flip tricks... I wasn't.
Age 31: I'm done with popping my tail... Hmm... Scraping still on the table.

I almost want to show video of my skating at 28 vs 31 but anyone 25 and under will be traumatized for what's in store.

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2019, 03:13:11 PM »
Frontside rock on an extension. Hung up. Pitched to flat. I’ll never forget it.

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2019, 03:29:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Personally:
Age 24: I'm done with flip tricks... I wasn't.
Age 31: I'm done with popping my tail... Hmm... Scraping still on the table.

I almost want to show video of my skating at 28 vs 31 but anyone 25 and under will be traumatized for what's in store.

Def not done with flip tricks, but I make good and sure im ready to commit to that flatgroup treflip before I go for it.

ColinYourAssOut

• Rep: 13
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2019, 04:26:48 PM »
Always got hurt the most at the park we'd go to back in the early/mid-90s.

BSTS to fakie attempt down a small plastic-coated ledge to slip out to wind knocked out of me

Trying to finally learn how to feeble and pop out well on the knee high rail 1000x straight to the hip to grapefruit growing on the side of my body for a month (and still a nice pocket of something there 20+ years later)

FS5050 tall ledge to board stops dead to flying into someone coming at me and taking us both out

Switch FS5050 attempt on knee high flat rail to down on bank to bank setup to slip out to cracked ribs and having to pull out of the contest 30 minutes before it was about to start

My ankles hated the streets, but the rest of me hated the the parks.  And mini ramps, got a few scars on the dome from those things as well.
You can't beat cheeks with weak meat.

animalflesh

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2019, 04:39:20 PM »
I uh rolled down a huge asphalt bank and fucked myself up trying to dump truck off a rail...

lol

redux

• Rep: -5
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2019, 05:05:49 PM »
I dislocated my elbow on a 50-50. Wet + wax + wheels =  :o

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2019, 05:34:04 PM »
Back Smith on a 5 foot qp. Hung up and jumped to flat with my ankle folded. Couldn't skate for a few months but luckily it was winter.

LiterallyRyan

• Rep: -19
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2019, 06:37:45 PM »
I knocked a front tooth out on a frontside rock in a mellow 4 footer, which is ridiculous, but oddly it didn't really hurt too bad. The worst I've had is a boxers fracture and sprained shoulder when I went to do a nosepick, my truck wasn't locked in so I slid out causing my hand to get smashed between my board and the coping and then I fell forward yanking my shoulder.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2019, 06:41:51 PM »
Slid a front nose slide all the way to the end of the out-ledge tonight, tried to come out straight and twisted the ever loving shit outta my ankle.

Fortunately there are no real ligaments left in there to fuck up, so I just stayed on the ground for a minute or two until the searing pain stopped.

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2019, 11:57:38 AM »
Any grinds on ventures in late 90s