Author Topic: Wild Fires  (Read 1477 times)

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Wild Fires
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2020, 02:01:36 PM »
My old station on the Mt. Hood got pretty close to being burned over, along with the bunk houses that I used to stay in.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Watitdo

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2020, 04:50:51 PM »
This smoke is the worst... Fucking Trump gutting the Forest Service and National Park Services, blaming poor forest management on the states when most of the land is federally owned is so fucking evil. A lot of these fires are not even forest fires but brush and grass fires and his supporters are blaming everything entirely on arsons and not the fucking weather and temperature.

norcalnobody

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2021, 08:29:01 AM »
Cali has got it bad again. Anyone else stuck in this hotboxed atmosphere?

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2021, 08:35:51 AM »

Shit isn't on fire yet down here at the bottom of California but we all know it's coming

carlosthelizard

• Rep: 0
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2021, 11:33:45 AM »

Wild fires raging in a few places throughout Greece

As well as in the Northern suburbs of Athens

Breathing all this shit in the past few days sucks, any advice besides wearing a mask?

Thankfully looks like most people evacuated in time, and the fires at least around Athens have been contained.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2021, 11:36:26 AM »

Wild fires raging in a few places throughout Greece

As well as in the Northern suburbs of Athens

Breathing all this shit in the past few days sucks, any advice besides wearing a mask?

Thankfully looks like most people evacuated in time, and the fires at least around Athens have been contained.

Masks are your friend, dude. Wet bandana style face covering can feel nice too. get some herbal teas that are support throat and lung health. stay safe!

Expand Quote
[close]

Shit isn't on fire yet down here at the bottom of California but we all know it's coming

we've got a steady stream of fire refugees coming into northern Humboldt over this past week. lots more people, more traffic, etc. I'm a good 90 minutes drive away from any fire and our cars are heavily sprinkled with ash. Air quality is pretty gross but nothing compared to last September. When I was up in Shasta County a week ago, there were a few days when being outside was a total wash due to smoke in the air.

Honestly, when my throat and lungs are hurting I can't tell if it's from air quality/smoke inhalation, pulling the fuel tank/lines on the van, or the delta variant. (trying to joke a bit here, but kinda serious).

stay safe homies.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2021, 12:47:54 PM »
Step up yo air purifier game @everyone

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal