Author Topic: skating a street spot without a filmer  (Read 725 times)

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 443
Re: skating a street spot without a filmer
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2019, 06:09:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Being an outsider in many many towns I find skating with randoms would be an advantage however it confirms my doubts in many ways :-\ either I am not good enough or they're just weirdos whom want to skate by themselves too  ??? Either way it's a duplicitous when navigating social interactions.
[close]

I prefer to skate with someone but if a random approached me to go skate, id feel a little weird about it, self conscious
[close]

Been dealing with this myself. I moved from Baltimore to the Philly area 5-6 years ago. Never really made any new friends. Now I'm just a weird quiet 33 year old at the skate park twice a week. I occasionally interact with the other locals. I usually just stick to myself since my time to make it out is limited and I'd rather use it falling all over the park than talking shop with dudes that can't relate to my situation.

I'm married with 3 kids, own a house, these dudes either still live with their parents or in skate houses. Not much in common outside of skating. They'll spend more time talking about yesterday's party or shenanigans and try a trick every 10 minutes. Where I only get 1-2 hours, I want to do more than 10 tricks a day.
[close]

This is my situation 100% hahaha
[close]

Some days it bums me out other days its totally fine. Some days I skate around and feel like I must look like an ear bud kid (even though I don't skate with ear buds)
[close]

same. I always wished I could skate with ear buds though, but I can't skate with my phone in my pocket.  I always feel like I'm going to break or I'll clip the headphone wire and rip the bud out of my ear mid trick.
[close]

so offputting having a phone in my pocket, headphones dont bother me if im just cruising or skating tranny but if im concentrating on anything else i prefer no music
[close]

Side note to the earbud discussion. Whenever I have to go into public or a situation where someone may talk to me, such as a destination store where employees know you specifically stopped there or somewhere the employees make some kind of commission, I will wear earbuds into the store and not have music playing just so they won't talk to me. I just can't stand the small talk of retail employees.
[close]

I tried this but they still talk and i awkwardly have to acknowledge them

You have a bigger heart than I do. I can here them trying and I just keep on moving
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma