Author Topic: Netherland, Belgium, Luxembourg  (Read 3518 times)

oneOone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
Netherland, Belgium, Luxembourg
« on: August 25, 2011, 12:52:50 AM »
l
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 01:06:33 PM by oneOone »

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Netherland, Belgium, Luxembourg
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 03:17:32 AM »
if you happen to be in WestFlanders, check out my local park in Izegem.
if you come, let me know.

Al Borland

• Rep: 37
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 03:54:44 PM »
Red-Rocks park in Schifflange, Luxembourg.

Mechelen in Belgium has a really rad city funded DIY park too.

http://mechelenskatepark.blogspot.com/

I'd suggest the Mechelen park if you only choose one.

Matthew Moon

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 04:46:22 PM »
I don't know if Utrecht, Netherlands would be out of the way, but that seems to be a popular skateboarder destination.. I think the University there has a sweet looking bank thing..

good luck!

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 04:51:39 PM »
Yeah, the Utrecht University Uithoft has the Oranje pool. Utrecht is just a great city too.

loggedinLurker

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 12:01:33 AM »
If you like concrete tranny, belgium is so dope. Mechelen is definitely really fun.
So is Havelange, strange but fun:

And Oostende:

There are some really cool Streetspots there, too. And it's by the sea. Very close to Wuusts local park (which is fun, too.)

Also there are great parks in Antwerps, Aalst, Namur, good Bowls in Flemalle and Kortrijk and Liege has a really classic snakerun.
And every park is really close to the next, so good.

Best park to sleep at in Belgium might be Namur, it is next to a river where you can take your showers.

I love Belgium!

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 07:59:01 AM »
Visit De Panne. Lots of cool cruising street terrain and ledges and stuff. Most of the cities at the coast have spots but De Panne is definitley a favourite of mine. Most spots are a bust though, high kick-out factors.

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 01:37:44 PM »
Thanks guys. So far i think we are going to Eindhoven and Maastricht, not sure about the others.
We are more interested in street spots, we have enough tranny parks here...
Maastricht has a pretty sick park under a bridge that will usually be dry even if its rainy out. Be sure to go to the coffeeshop cool runnings. It's a little out of the ways of the main party of town, but the weed is great and they got a sick smoke room. Maas also has a bunch of cool street spots if you skate around and look. It's probably my favorite city in Holland.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 10:43:58 PM »
Make sure you know how to say places like Maastricht, Nijmegen, and the cities in Flanders properly (I know you didn't say you were going to Nijmegen, but when I was staying in Utrecht, it was a common destination for the trains I was on). Pronouncing them properly makes buying tickets a lot easier and you don't feel like all the other stupid tourists.

ciaran

• Rep: 22
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 12:30:29 PM »
Went on a proper full-on filming mission to Lille, Brussels and Luxembourg in July 2009, there's loads to skate all over Benelux.  The large concrete park in the middle of town in Brussels is rad, as is Mont Des Arts, the Marnix building and the EU buildings (best left till after hours and avoid the ledges near the apartments as you will get the boot quicker).  When you drive into Luxembourg from Brussels, there seemed to be loads of spots on the main road in, especially at the EU parliament & Philharmonic.   

This is what we got - see what's in store for you...

Mario

• Rep: 1
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 01:10:23 PM »
Rotterdam! there are tons of spots really close to eachother next to the Maas river.
Some of them are pretty famous, Nike sb, Emerica, ZY and and bunch of other companies come by every year to skate those spots.
The best thing to do is go to Left skateshop over there, and they ll make you a spotmap. And most of them are skateable during the entire day!

Utrecht doesnt have that many spots to offer, just 2 or 3 decent ones besides the orange bowl.
Amsterdam is really good for street skating as well but some of the spots are pretty far away from eachother.
Brussel is really good, and then finally Luxembourg has many many spots to offer, go there in the weekend you ll never get kicked out its great!

And its not worth to skate parks, parks are everywhere, better hit them street spot when you got the chance!

Siem van Woerkom

• Rep: -8
    • Mpora avatar image
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 05:02:55 AM »
eindhoven doesnt really have alot to offer, but holland in general doesnt have alot (i know, i live there..) I'd reckomend amsterdam skatepark for indoor and maastricht for spots
Siem Van Woerkom - Mpora Skateboard    Expert

dolphinstyle.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 06:01:01 AM »
philharmonie luxembourg, pretty sick. I think it's also mainly bust-free, however, it's been a while since our trip there

lots of stairs, ledges and a shitload of flatground
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 06:02:53 AM by awesomedolphinstyle »
Look, I'm an individual within us, partaking in this business

033sb

• Rep: 13
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 12:48:43 AM »
if you're coming to the netherlands, contact me. i'm from utrecht, but i think this we'll be the last week with sun. from march its starting to clear up. If you go on your own, GO TO ALMERE, it's a city near amsterdam with nice spots. Rotterdam has the best spots i think and you can skate from spot to spot, but make sure you visit Utrecht as well!

homicidalpsychojunglecat

• Rep: 15
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2019, 10:39:42 PM »
BUMP from the dead.

I'm heading to Belgium for the better part of a month in October, staying in Antwerp. This thread seems to have some good info about spots - although a bit old. Anyone got updates + anything new worth checking out/things that are gone or a bust?

I'm planning on doing a few day trips out from Antwerp to see surrounding cities as well.

Thanks dudes.

Nittio

• Rep: 5
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2019, 11:36:26 PM »
Stayed a week in Antwerp a year ago and going back in October for work. Really cool city with lots of spots in the old city center, slick ledges and benches all over the place. Two skateparks just outside the center, Park Spoor Nord had pretty deep bowl plus backyard a pool thing going on. Couldn’t do much skating as there was lots of rain and the closest park wasn’t lit up at night.

https://www.redbull.com/us-en/greetings-from-antwerp

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2019, 02:05:44 AM »
Def DO NOT GO almere

skatefarm

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2019, 03:30:11 AM »
BUMP from the dead.

I'm heading to Belgium for the better part of a month in October, staying in Antwerp. This thread seems to have some good info about spots - although a bit old. Anyone got updates + anything new worth checking out/things that are gone or a bust?

I'm planning on doing a few day trips out from Antwerp to see surrounding cities as well.

Thanks dudes.

Antwerp has tons of good spots. It seems like there's a new spot that gets built every month. Bust factor is mellow, never really had any issues skating in the city. Hit up Lockwood skate shop, the guys there should be able to point you in the right direction.

In terms of surrounding cities, Brussels is amazing for spots, Liege is really good. Everything is close by in Belgium, usually an hour train ride away.

Mad Max

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2019, 03:41:58 AM »
Lived in Brussels for years.
Hit up the skateshop Ride All Day on Rue St. Jean (just below the Mont des Arts). Yves is the owner and true skateboarder. He can answer any questions.

I think the main shop in Antwerp is Lockwood.

Also, in Brussels, hit up the Byrrrh and Skate park about 10 mins from Gare de Midi. It's 100% skater built and run. Youssef or Bart should be able to help.

homicidalpsychojunglecat

• Rep: 15
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2019, 08:15:01 PM »
Thanks fellas, appreciate the intel. Fun times for a New Zealander ahead.