Author Topic: aaron goure pro  (Read 3123 times)

somefucker

Re: aaron goure pro
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2021, 08:28:18 AM »
Expand Quote
I think Aaron is the only original rider left everyone else hopped on the money train straight from Cali. Jordan hasn’t had a pro board since forever but Chris Miller has 3 boards??? LoL yeah it’s definitely about supporting the homies!!!
[close]

jordan voluntarily retired like 3 years ago.

didn't Jordan voluntarily take his hiatus to raise his daughter?

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2021, 08:52:17 AM »
God damn this took way too fucking long. He deserved this shit years ago. I really wish he would have left with Nolan and Chris and either went to scram or frog. As much as I hate welcome, if they make an egg shape with his name on it I’m fucking buying it.

Point being Jason is a chode fucked over the original team so they left. They had such an incredible original roster and that shit was so fun to watch.

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

bugtown

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2021, 10:34:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
glad for one of two good welcome riders

they should both leave this dumb ass company tho
[close]

Whats the summary on that mud again? The owner is just shiesty or something right? Ripping riders off and stealing art from people iirc?
[close]
i dont really know the ins and outs of the situation but i know there's a definitive reason why the OG team isn't there anymore.

ryan lay and aaron deserve better

lotta shit in the comments on here from 2016 https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2016/01/18/an-inside-look-at-welcome-skateboards

somefucker

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2021, 10:43:26 AM »
"Over the last year and a half we added guys like Ryan Lay, Jordan Sanchez, Aaron Goure, Will Blaty and Ryan Townley. I think their talent level and work ethic inadvertently put pressure on others to keep up. I didn’t kick any one off, but a bunch bowed out over the last year. It didn’t effect us at all on the company side, but it was a shame they didn’t stick it out.

how to blow it being a TM 101

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2021, 11:51:01 AM »
Tells you everything about Welcome as a brand that they turned fucking Evan Mock pro before Goure who's been on since forever. Like others have said, good for him, but he clearly should just be riding for a company that doesn't suck. Don't even know who's buying Welcome these days - haven't seen a board around in a while.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2021, 12:17:34 PM »
Dream scenario:

Ryan Lay on Uma. Ryan Townley on Krooked. Aaron Goure on Frog.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2021, 12:41:19 PM »
"Over the last year and a half we added guys like Ryan Lay, Jordan Sanchez, Aaron Goure, Will Blaty and Ryan Townley. I think their talent level and work ethic inadvertently put pressure on others to keep up. I didn’t kick any one off, but a bunch bowed out over the last year. It didn’t effect us at all on the company side, but it was a shame they didn’t stick it out.

how to blow it being a TM 101

It definitely had nothing to do with saying jesse Alba sucks and they weren’t going to pay for milic and him to film shitty tricks.  :P

Either way who cares frog and scram are probably going to be around for a long time and there’s still plenty of mango parts to come after these other dudes blow their legs out trying to meet welcomes standards of professionalism

somefucker

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2021, 01:16:27 PM »
It definitely had nothing to do with saying jesse Alba sucks and they weren’t going to pay for milic and him to film shitty tricks.  :P

Either way who cares frog and scram are probably going to be around for a long time and there’s still plenty of mango parts to come after these other dudes blow their legs out trying to meet welcomes standards of professionalism

the point i was trying to make was the missed potential. jason didn't see fruition in the ideas jesse and chris were already expressing, the welcome to welcome vid is a good example. welcome fuckin' copped out to become a more digestible brand for the average joe, while frog/scram pursued what could be argued to be a niche market at the time and seem to listen to their riders.

sure, welcome is still different but in the same cliche way that primitive and april are 'different'. just chasing another trope for cash.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2021, 07:14:44 AM »
Who?
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2021, 07:44:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Whats the summary on that mud again? The owner is just shiesty or something right? Ripping riders off and stealing art from people iirc?

The story I know is his fucking over Nolan Johnson, taking his artwork and style and then refusing to pay him or to turn him pro, leading to him starting Scram. (Get it? "Welcome" to "Scram"?). My buddy has one of the first Scram decks, which is Nolan's dog pissing on a "Welcome" mat
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2021, 07:47:43 AM »
Dream scenario:

Lay and Townley both definitely deserve a better sponsor than Welcome. I honestly struggle to explain why Townley especially isn't more popular - he is an absolute destroyer. Also Sheezy should be (the first woman?) on Antihero.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2021, 08:01:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The story I know is his fucking over Nolan Johnson, taking his artwork and style and then refusing to pay him or to turn him pro, leading to him starting Scram. (Get it? "Welcome" to "Scram"?). My buddy has one of the first Scram decks, which is Nolan's dog pissing on a "Welcome" mat
scram's so tight

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2021, 08:05:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
sometimes wonder why ryan lay is even on this shit bag of a company, then remember that it’s ryan lay and am unsure of who else would give him a pro model besides heroin or some other shit bag company. sad.
[close]

Is Ryan Lay a bad guy too? wtf am i missing?
[close]
no. what i meant was, who else do you see him having a pro board for? he doesn’t really fit any other company. which is strange because i love his skating yet, really dislike the company. i guess he could be on frog or something? i forget about a lot of brands these days.

His skating would fit perfect in a Quasi video, but I doubt they would put anyone on in AZ

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 542
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2021, 09:13:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Dream scenario:

[close]

Lay and Townley both definitely deserve a better sponsor than Welcome. I honestly struggle to explain why Townley especially isn't more popular - he is an absolute destroyer. Also Sheezy should be (the first woman?) on Antihero.

Because Welcome doesn't promote any other rider other than Nora. She's their cash cow.

And I'm not talking bad on Nora. Just pointing out she's what sells - like Bam for Element, Muska for Shortys, Flo for Progressive.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2021, 09:25:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dream scenario:

[close]

[close]

Because Welcome doesn't promote any other rider other than Nora. She's their cash cow.

And I'm not talking bad on Nora. Just pointing out she's what sells - like Bam for Element, Muska for Shortys, Flo for Progressive.

I don't really see Welcome promoting Nora so much, I think she is pretty naturally gifted at promoting herself. For example, the last Nora clip they posted was two weeks ago. But to whatever extent they do, that's smart, because she is a star and has had one of the best selling decks for several years now. That Nora money is probably what's keeping them in business, at this point.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2021, 11:11:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dream scenario:

[close]

[close]

i mean, this is demonstrably false.

in their last 10 IG posts, she's featured in 1. hell, it's like 2 of the last 25.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2021, 12:32:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
sometimes wonder why ryan lay is even on this shit bag of a company, then remember that it’s ryan lay and am unsure of who else would give him a pro model besides heroin or some other shit bag company. sad.
[close]

Is Ryan Lay a bad guy too? wtf am i missing?
[close]
no. what i meant was, who else do you see him having a pro board for? he doesn’t really fit any other company. which is strange because i love his skating yet, really dislike the company. i guess he could be on frog or something? i forget about a lot of brands these days.
[close]

His skating would fit perfect in a Quasi video, but I doubt they would put anyone on in AZ
I fail to see why they wouldn't put anyone from AZ on if they clicked with the team. I feel Quasi more than most brands embraces guys who stay in their hometown area and kill it. Bobby's in Toronto, Gilbert in Richmond, Jake is in State College, Bledsoe is in Portland, Justin Henry is in Columbus, etc. The only guys on the team who live in an industry hub are Rizzo and Josh who are both locals to the tri-state area. I back how quasi isn't asking guys to move to some industry hot-spot which a ton of brands ask of ams and even pros on their team. This isn't Tum Yeto expecting their entire team to live in Long Beach.

Dopethrone

• Rep: -20
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2021, 12:44:06 PM »
Congrats but fuk welcome.

Welcome and Shane both blocked me on ig, can't remember the reasoning either

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 542
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2021, 01:02:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dream scenario:

[close]

[close]

[close]

i mean, this is demonstrably false.

in their last 10 IG posts, she's featured in 1. hell, it's like 2 of the last 25.

You right. You right.

I was thinking NHS - which pushes a lot of Nora versions of their products.

But she is Welcome's cash cow - a lot of girl skaters that I've seen rock a lot of Nora decks. More so that I have seen Leticia, Samaria, and/or any other female pro board.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2021, 06:41:30 PM »
scram is such a good name after knowing that tidbit of info

I made up Aaron’s Instagram handle so in a way I’m pro too someone please hold me

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2021, 08:42:01 PM »
well deserved
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post