Author Topic: Open Relationships  (Read 5222 times)

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
Re: Open Relationships
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2019, 08:09:06 PM »

the open relationship will always fail if you two are not mutually stoked on doing it. that probably seems obvious, but i'll explain a little.

like, it has to excite you two. that you are together and encouraging each other to explore sex / romance with others.

more than excitement, this has got to be something that turns you two on. makes the attraction between each other stronger in a way. like it deepens the bond you have, adds some kinky magic to it. and it has to be something you are super stoked to talk about. and talk about very often! intertwining the sex-life-aspect with the communication-aspect. its like being hyped up bandmates when things are working best. communicating and interacting without missing a beat. its pretty tight and worth the communication that goes into it, when its working.

I don't have extensive experience with open relationships, but this was definitely the best thing about it. The communication and openness was really refreshing at the time, and it felt like we were close in a different way than before. We could joke with each other about the people we were seeing and trade advice and stories. It made us feel even more like best friends.

But - that relationship ended because she wanted to be with someone else. That was over two years ago, and they just got engaged. I feel like most people would see this as a sign to never be in an open relationship, but I think it worked out for the best. We're both happier now, and with people who fit our needs a little better. There were parts of that open relationship I regret, but most of those were little mistakes that I made along the way. I'm glad that I got the experience to do it.

HyenaChaser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2019, 11:17:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I had two girls I was seeing simultaneously with success.

I was honest that I wasn’t exclusive with either, and I occasionally saw other women too. Details were never discussed but with one we sometimes laughed about bad dates. Though I will say I don’t think either was seeing anyone else with any sort of regularity.

I think I got lucky in that I fulfilled a need for both of them while neither wanted anything too serious. I’m still friends with both.
[close]

Yeah, I've heard it work out more for people in that type of situation - being upfront when you're still dating before you get serious. I feel like it's maybe common for people to end up in that situation? When people are dating it's likely they're seeing multiple people but would probably choose the one they liked the most instead of two to try and solidify things?

Seems like if it's working out for people it's either like that or they've been together for 5/10+ years. For the latter, still seems like those people have more issues/emotions with it and they don't leave their relationship open forever.

But also, like others said, you were all happy with the situation and it fulfilled what you both wanted which is the crucial thing.
[close]
That's the key, nothing serious. It is pretty common among my friends but not for me. Women intimidated me for a while.

Women still intimidate me
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

iKobrakai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2019, 11:59:02 PM »
Everything intimidates me.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal