Author Topic: YOSEMITE AND SEQUIOIA NATIONAL PARK  (Read 1131 times)

FUCKINGLOUD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -10
YOSEMITE AND SEQUIOIA NATIONAL PARK
« on: September 20, 2019, 03:07:38 PM »
DOING A ROAD TRIP WITH FRIENDS FROM ANOTHER CONTINENT AND LANDED ON THIS TRIP. LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS OF WHAT TO DO SPECIFICALLY IN BOTH THESE LOCATIONS. WILL HAVE ON FULL DAY IN EACH, WITH DAY PRIOR/DAY AFTER FOR TRAVEL.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
Re: YOSEMITE AND SEQUIOIA NATIONAL PARK
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 03:20:18 PM »
DOING A ROAD TRIP WITH FRIENDS FROM ANOTHER CONTINENT AND LANDED ON THIS TRIP. LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS OF WHAT TO DO SPECIFICALLY IN BOTH THESE LOCATIONS. WILL HAVE ON FULL DAY IN EACH, WITH DAY PRIOR/DAY AFTER FOR TRAVEL.
Only been to Yosemite but just walk around man. Glacier point is an absolute must for Yosemite. Going up there and seeing the view made a significant impact on me that I always talk about. Down in the valley I was like this is beautiful. Then you see the view and your like oh my god it goes on forever and I’m so small and insignificant. Gave me a deep appreciate for nature that I have kept ever since then.

I HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR TRIP AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS I SAID HI AND TO BEHAVE.

FUCKINGLOUD

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 04:04:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Only been to Yosemite but just walk around man. Glacier point is an absolute must for Yosemite. Going up there and seeing the view made a significant impact on me that I always talk about. Down in the valley I was like this is beautiful. Then you see the view and your like oh my god it goes on forever and I’m so small and insignificant. Gave me a deep appreciate for nature that I have kept ever since then.

THANK 50 ILL TRY BUT THEYRE ALL PUERTO RICANS AND YOU KNOW HOW THE LIKE TO STIR THE POT. SAYING ANOTHER CONTINENT WAS NOT ACCURATE AT ALL. MAYBE IT IS. I DONT FUCKING KNOW.

WERE STAYING OUTSIDE OF THAT PARK IN SOME SMALL SPINOFF CALLED WEST YOSEMITE OR SOME SHIT. DO YOU RECOMMEND STAYING IN THE PARK AT YOSEMITE LODGE OR AM I COOL PAYING $180 A NIGHT FOR A SHIT HOLE AIR BNB

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 04:09:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

THANK 50 ILL TRY BUT THEYRE ALL PUERTO RICANS AND YOU KNOW HOW THE LIKE TO STIR THE POT. SAYING ANOTHER CONTINENT WAS NOT ACCURATE AT ALL. MAYBE IT IS. I DONT FUCKING KNOW.

WERE STAYING OUTSIDE OF THAT PARK IN SOME SMALL SPINOFF CALLED WEST YOSEMITE OR SOME SHIT. DO YOU RECOMMEND STAYING IN THE PARK AT YOSEMITE LODGE OR AM I COOL PAYING $180 A NIGHT FOR A SHIT HOLE AIR BNB
I DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE AN AIR BNB WOULD BE. MAYBE IN THE LITTLE TOWN ON THE WAY UP. WE STAYED IN SOME HALF TENT HALF CEMENT CELL SITE IN THE HOUSEKEEPING CAMP. BUT YEAH IF YOU ARE ROLLING WITH PUERTO RICANS YOU MIGHT WANT A PLACE MORE PRIVATE. I WOULD SUGGEST BEING IN TBE PARK AT NIGHT. FIND A DARK SPOT AWAY FROM ANY CAMPFIRES AND LOOK UP. YOU WILL SEE MORE STARS THAN YOU EVER HAVE AND SATELLITES. ITS SO DARK OUT THERE WE HAD A DARE WHERE EACH PERSON HAD TO WALK ACROSS THIS BRIDGE ACROSS THE RIVER WITHOUT A FLASHLIGHT. ITS LIKE 75 YARDS AND THE OTHERSIDE IS JUST BLACK FOREST AND BEARS. HAVE FUN.

FUCKINGLOUD

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 04:28:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE AN AIR BNB WOULD BE. MAYBE IN THE LITTLE TOWN ON THE WAY UP. WE STAYED IN SOME HALF TENT HALF CEMENT CELL SITE IN THE HOUSEKEEPING CAMP. BUT YEAH IF YOU ARE ROLLING WITH PUERTO RICANS YOU MIGHT WANT A PLACE MORE PRIVATE. I WOULD SUGGEST BEING IN TBE PARK AT NIGHT. FIND A DARK SPOT AWAY FROM ANY CAMPFIRES AND LOOK UP. YOU WILL SEE MORE STARS THAN YOU EVER HAVE AND SATELLITES. ITS SO DARK OUT THERE WE HAD A DARE WHERE EACH PERSON HAD TO WALK ACROSS THIS BRIDGE ACROSS THE RIVER WITHOUT A FLASHLIGHT. ITS LIKE 75 YARDS AND THE OTHERSIDE IS JUST BLACK FOREST AND BEARS. HAVE FUN.

WORD THANKS 50. I WAS IN THE GRAND CANYON AND MONUMENT VALLEY EARLIER THIS YEAR AND BROUGHT RED CELLOPHANE TO COVER THE LIGHT AND KEEP MY EYES GOOD. SHOOTING SOME LONG EXPOSURES WHILE IM IN THE BOONIES.

DotGuru

• Rep: 23
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 09:23:12 PM »
Drive around to the east side of the mountains. Lots of amazing, high-altitude hikes easily accessible and fewer people.

If you're on the west side, I recommend Giant Forest (in Sequoia). There's also Crystal Cave. Moro Rock has the best views ever. Excellent swimming holes near Potwisha Campground (if it's warm).

Hume Lake is in the National Forest and was the site of the Visalia YMCA skate camp. I don't know if anything is still there. But you can go and pretend like you're watching old H-Street videos.

I haven't been to these places since the late 80s/early 90s, so some things may have changed. My stepdad was a park ranger so we lived in Sequoia. Amazing place.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 06:38:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Staying in the park - expensive, but you save time and money driving in from the town (90 minutes).
Staying outside the park - cheaper, more dining options but you will need to drive in an out of the park on a daily basis. The drive in is scenic and beautiful though.

I stayed outside the park in a town called Oakhurst, lots of good AirBnB places with food and a large super market. Spent 2 days in Yosemite, day 1 was spent on the park tour on the bus which gives you a historic overview of the park and you get to see all the major sites. Day 2 was spent on a hike up to see half dome, took a good 4-6 hours and it is physically demanding but the view is spectacular.

Didn't get to check out Glacier point since the roads were closed but would have done it if I could.

https://www.travelyosemite.com/things-to-do/guided-bus-tours/
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2019, 06:38:40 PM »
I hiked up Half Dome with my dad on a lark when I was 15 or so. You didn’t need a ticket back then and we had already walked up Vernal Falls so we thought “let’s go up to Nevada and see what happens..”. Ended up climbing up to the top of Half Dome.

We had 3 cans of ginger ale and a beef stick in our bag. Refilled the cans at one point with spring water dribbling across the trail. I was pretty much dead when we got down to the valley and I couldn’t take a full breath for the next 5 days. I think I might have collapsed a lung. My dad downed a 6 pack before dinner.

Easily a top 5 life experience. I’d try to snag one of those tickets or barring that do the Yosemite Falls trail or something similar.

I wonder if someone chases you if you just fucking barge it?

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
    • shop lurker avatar image
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2019, 09:35:03 PM »
yea, the ymca skate camp is up there at sequoia lake. it's closed and the ramps are probably chained up, but worth scoping out.

https://goo.gl/maps/8DNP9m7qobsBsuqd7

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2019, 10:35:36 PM »
Id recommend that you not yell while you are there....

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2019, 07:37:12 PM »
If you drive in our out through Tioga pass, stop and grab some food and beer from the Mobile gas station at the end of it Lee Vining, California.

It will blow your mind. Look it up if you're a skeptic. Go in full faith if you want an experience.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 721
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2019, 09:07:49 AM »
Whats all this yelling about
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

ohnowisee

• Rep: -2
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2019, 10:46:51 AM »
Everybody just calm down. No need to yell
Ilford is way more core than Kodak - natenola forever