Author Topic: Nine Club almost done????  (Read 6336 times)

P Casanova

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -124
    • Eastern Exposure avatar image
Nine Club almost done????
« on: September 20, 2019, 04:17:11 PM »
Vibes from recent episodes say things aren't so good BTS. What do you think? Has anyone else noticed?

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
Re: Nine Club almost done????
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 04:19:39 PM »
What gave you that feeling. I don’t want to listen to find out.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 04:25:59 PM »
Nah, they ain’t going anywhere. Roger doesn’t seem like he likes doing the experience though.

FUCKINGLOUD

• Rep: -10
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 08:24:22 PM »
THE NINE CLUB SHOULD QUIT BUT GIVE KELLY, ROGER AND ALL FUTURE GUESTS A PODCAST YEAH I HOPE YOU READ THIS SHIT CROB YOU ABSOLUTE LEECH

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 11:09:20 PM »
Almost done because they are taking a week off after 3 years? Haha no. Rogers always unimpressed but the show aint going anywhere

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 01:52:47 AM »
Really doubt it

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2019, 10:47:09 AM »
they seem to kill it with the channel donations based on that bucket of shredded paper. Even if most of them are a dollar...
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

JB77

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2019, 02:57:11 AM »
I agree that the vibe has been tense between Rog and Crob lately.  They definitely need to take a little break from each other.  Hope they can get the show back on track.

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 11:33:39 AM »
I did notice during the last experience at the start Rog gave Crob shit for doing the same intro he always does and Crob jokingly was like "why don't you do it?" and Rog said something like he'd rather be asleep in his room than doing the experience. Hopefully this week off will be good for them. 

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2019, 11:40:30 AM »
I agree that the vibe has been tense between Rog and Crob lately.  They definitely need to take a little break from each other.  Hope they can get the show back on track.
I don’t listen too often anymore but it’s probably Rog getting annoyed with how bad the interviews are received. Rog has all this knowledge and Crob never knows what the fuck is going on. Not exactly compelling. It’s always getting shot down on Slap because it is in fact pretty fucking boring usually. I would also assume that Rog gets most of the guys on the show because he always has a history with them and has more contacts, so to see some of them not getting a good interview because Crob is probably frustrating. Like you get someone you know to do your show and the main guy can’t do them any justice. Rog might as well make a one page checklist for Crob so he knows something about the guests. Asking Muska if he is still on Element took me to the point of not being able to defend the show anymore.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2019, 11:45:16 AM »
that 2dudes 1 game shit is definitely done...poor Crob

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2019, 11:08:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I don’t listen too often anymore but it’s probably Rog getting annoyed with how bad the interviews are received. Rog has all this knowledge and Crob never knows what the fuck is going on. Not exactly compelling. It’s always getting shot down on Slap because it is in fact pretty fucking boring usually. I would also assume that Rog gets most of the guys on the show because he always has a history with them and has more contacts, so to see some of them not getting a good interview because Crob is probably frustrating. Like you get someone you know to do your show and the main guy can’t do them any justice. Rog might as well make a one page checklist for Crob so he knows something about the guests. Asking Muska if he is still on Element took me to the point of not being able to defend the show anymore.

I honestly enjoy the nine club, its something to listen to at work to help pass the time but that question made me shake my head for sure

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2019, 01:45:05 AM »
I like the Nine Club and think Crob is a good host but sometimes I do wonder how long they can keep it up for

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2019, 08:48:16 AM »
I hope it’s fans realize how bad of a listen it is. If it was just roger and kelly doing it and doing the guests justice by I don’t know doing even the smallest amount of research so you don’t come off as a complete moron would be great. I would listen to the roger(Regis)and kelly show.

I rarely listen to the show and when I do listen there’s always fast forwarding or turning it off before it’s finished or an unintended nap will hit. 9 club is skateboarding ASMR.

Also the fact they can’t take criticism if it’s not positive also is hilarious
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 08:53:14 AM by Murge »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2019, 08:54:28 AM »
I hope it’s fans realize how bad of a listen it is. If it was just roger and kelly doing it and doing the guests justice by I don’t know doing even the smallest amount of research so you don’t come off as a complete moron would be great. I would listen to the roger(Regis)and kelly show.

I used to feel the same way but lately Roger's input has been super pedantic and whiny. I used to like his role for being the educated one with an opinion but lately he's been a negative contrarian and it's kind of a bummer to listen to.

dan brown

• Rep: 0
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2020, 04:14:05 AM »

Listen better in future mate, Rog is always saying about working with people who make a good product and have the same mindset to just do what you want to do will never feel like work "that's why I like working with Chris" is something I've heard him say often lately. Fairly sure it's in the Nestor episode and the last experience episode of 2019

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2020, 05:36:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I used to feel the same way but lately Roger's input has been super pedantic and whiny. I used to like his role for being the educated one with an opinion but lately he's been a negative contrarian and it's kind of a bummer to listen to.
Brian the dog from family guy vibes.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2020, 09:51:19 AM »
Say it isn't so. Each dude is very essential to the makeup of the show.

I would be intimidated as a guest if I always felt like the guy interviewing me knew more than I did so Crob is actually good where he is at because he isn't the resident skate nerd. Although crail isn't as revered as it was in the 90s, he is still part of that prestigious lineage so he doesn't have a reason to feel inferior or the guest doesn't have to feel like he's kissing ass because he's a peer. My only problem is when he interjects too often (not in a meaningful way) when the guest is trying to explain something or talking story.

Rog is that dude that I think many slappers relate to/envy (he's had photos in the mags skating, filmed/video shit tons of cools stuff/industry insider etc) so of course we want him more in the discourse to drop science, but it isn't the slap show for skate nerds. It would narrow their viewership imho if Rog led the interviewing.

Kelly is the underdog pro that I feel should have been pro longer and kept am when his talents were at their peak. He's always given me the vibe that he's super stoked to be there and like a contact high it rubs off on me usually. His enthusiasm/inquisitive nature is genuine. Also, I don't believe he is all that dumb if he came up with palindrome. He probably is smarter than he leads on, but is modest enough to not try to flex constantly.

Anyway, they balance each other out pretty well and I enjoy the show for all the stuff they get right.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2020, 12:36:57 PM »
I'm sure they have their reasons, but I don't know why they don't have more sponsors outside of skating.......Casper mattress or Ricta wheels...which makes more sense for Crob to do an ad read? 

Escape Hell

• Rep: 26
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2020, 06:46:37 AM »
Change the thread name to “Hopefully Eldy is done”

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2020, 10:26:01 AM »
Kelly is the underdog pro that I feel should have been pro longer and kept am when his talents were at their peak. He's always given me the vibe that he's super stoked to be there and like a contact high it rubs off on me usually. His enthusiasm/inquisitive nature is genuine. Also, I don't believe he is all that dumb if he came up with palindrome. He probably is smarter than he leads on, but is modest enough to not try to flex constantly.

Anyway, they balance each other out pretty well and I enjoy the show for all the stuff they get right.

For real I feel like Kelly is so underappreciated. Sure, he may come off goofy some times but he's just so passionate about everything and crob always makes fun of him for being not as sophisticated. Kelly was also the first guest they had iirc, should really be letting Kelly get the respect he deserves.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2020, 04:31:10 AM »
Theyve only just started getting paid, theyre gonna hang the fuck on

RapedByRepublicans

• Rep: -17
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2020, 12:18:20 AM »
It's painful to watch Chris Roberts bumble through interviews and ask the fucking guests questions they just told him the answer to five fucking minutes ago Roger is definitely the dodger on the motherfucker...   Show would be so fucking good if they had someone with a modicum of charisma and knowledge like, for instance Patrick Odell.  That's a fucking skate interview show the way it should be, they're just too short, even half an hour (like the Reynolds, muska, and Kirchart ones) isn't long enough, I wanna see some shit that's as long as Jamie Thomas nine club

TheFandangler

• Rep: 14
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2020, 07:09:53 AM »

I can get behind this. I love his skating, but dude is not the best guy to have in conversation..about anything.

I like the show when they have guests such as Andy Howell and Ian Michna or skaters who have some history and relevance. Some of the obviously paid-for guests they've had recently make for really boring episodes.

ItsNoUse

• Rep: -15
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2020, 11:23:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I can get behind this. I love his skating, but dude is not the best guy to have in conversation..about anything.

I like the show when they have guests such as Andy Howell and Ian Michna or skaters who have some history and relevance. Some of the obviously paid-for guests they've had recently make for really boring episodes.

Which ones would you say are 'obviously paid for' ?

Tom Hanks is the Heath Kirchart of the acting world.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2020, 04:32:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Volcom was pushing on a handful of guests because they recently sponsored the show. They weren’t all bad guests or anything, but yeah.

Escape Hell

• Rep: 26
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2020, 06:01:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Volcom was pushing on a handful of guests because they recently sponsored the show. They weren’t all bad guests or anything, but yeah.
I wish Provost wasn’t so wasted on his. But he doesn’t seem to bright anyways. Still love his skating regardless.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2020, 08:22:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I wish Provost wasn’t so wasted on his. But he doesn’t seem to bright anyways. Still love his skating regardless.

crob talked about which guests were paid for by companies in his interview with that Jenkem guy. Kind of sad that people get on not because they are intersting, but because their sponsors want to get advertisement for themselves and their sponsored skater. Pretty cool Crob talked about it so openly, though.  I am shure much of thrasher's content and coverage is paid for and controlled by various companies. They never talk about it though.

ItsNoUse

• Rep: -15
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2020, 11:21:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

crob talked about which guests were paid for by companies in his interview with that Jenkem guy. Kind of sad that people get on not because they are intersting, but because their sponsors want to get advertisement for themselves and their sponsored skater. Pretty cool Crob talked about it so openly, though.  I am shure much of thrasher's content and coverage is paid for and controlled by various companies. They never talk about it though.

I'll have to rewatch the interview with Ian. I don't remember that part, at all lol.

Tom Hanks is the Heath Kirchart of the acting world.

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2020, 03:34:20 AM »
Crazier things have happened.   But I think they have quite a few more years ahead of them.    The suggestion of a checklist for C-rob I bet happens here and there.