Author Topic: Nine Club almost done????  (Read 6345 times)

duniwayRobber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -140
  • ?
Re: Nine Club almost done????
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2020, 04:31:42 PM »
I would watch a lot more, if it wasn't so damn diplomatic. Any time they get on a topic I want to hear more about, like Shane O'Neil and Primitive, they leave the tale untold, not wanting to make anyone 'look bad'. It makes for boring interviews filled with predictable skater stories - "here's how I got into skating"... snooooooze
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2020, 01:42:53 PM »
I am shure much of thrasher's content and coverage is paid for and controlled by various companies.

on god?
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Saarinotsorry

• Rep: -78
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2020, 12:20:50 PM »
Switch Chris (roberts) with (pastras) and i think the show would be more watchable. I agree with whoever mentioned how annoying it is when crob interjects while the guest is balls deep in a story.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2020, 02:37:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Change the thread name to “Hopefully Eldy is done”
[close]

I can get behind this. I love his skating, but dude is not the best guy to have in conversation..about anything.

I like the show when they have guests such as Andy Howell and Ian Michna or skaters who have some history and relevance. Some of the obviously paid-for guests they've had recently make for really boring episodes.
[close]

Which ones would you say are 'obviously paid for' ?
[close]

Volcom was pushing on a handful of guests because they recently sponsored the show. They weren’t all bad guests or anything, but yeah.
[close]
I wish Provost wasn’t so wasted on his. But he doesn’t seem to bright anyways. Still love his skating regardless.

Yeah I think at the start he was a little nervous but then he eased into wasted and it was just a bit of a mess, can't really tell if thats him all the time or just when drunk and nervous.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2020, 07:04:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Change the thread name to “Hopefully Eldy is done”
[close]

I can get behind this. I love his skating, but dude is not the best guy to have in conversation..about anything.

I like the show when they have guests such as Andy Howell and Ian Michna or skaters who have some history and relevance. Some of the obviously paid-for guests they've had recently make for really boring episodes.
[close]

Which ones would you say are 'obviously paid for' ?
[close]

Volcom was pushing on a handful of guests because they recently sponsored the show. They weren’t all bad guests or anything, but yeah.
[close]
I wish Provost wasn’t so wasted on his. But he doesn’t seem to bright anyways. Still love his skating regardless.
[close]

Yeah I think at the start he was a little nervous but then he eased into wasted and it was just a bit of a mess, can't really tell if thats him all the time or just when drunk and nervous.

On Blake Carpenters pals questions I asked him just that question, he said provost brings mini cooler full of beer basically everywhere he goes. Like 18+ a day and caps it of at night with a bottle of wine. Definitely needs to slow down on it. Around the 19:25 minute mark

« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 07:08:00 AM by os89 »

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2020, 02:41:53 PM »
Had Whiskey in the mug for sure hahaha that makes sense but fuck man 18 beers a day and to be mostly just a beer drinker I'm surprised he's still so thin and not packing a beer belly

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1059
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2020, 12:54:16 PM »
Had Whiskey in the mug for sure hahaha that makes sense but fuck man 18 beers a day and to be mostly just a beer drinker I'm surprised he's still so thin and not packing a beer belly

Just rewatched this part and that is fucking gnarly. If anyone has seen Shia Lebouf's movie "Honey Boy", I could see Collin turning into the dad in a heartbeat.

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2020, 11:09:00 AM »
Collin should research Korsakoff syndrome, shit happened to my aunt when she pulled similar moves with brandy.
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

quarterpound

• Rep: 14
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2020, 05:51:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I agree that the vibe has been tense between Rog and Crob lately.  They definitely need to take a little break from each other.  Hope they can get the show back on track.
[close]
I don’t listen too often anymore but it’s probably Rog getting annoyed with how bad the interviews are received. Rog has all this knowledge and Crob never knows what the fuck is going on. Not exactly compelling. It’s always getting shot down on Slap because it is in fact pretty fucking boring usually. I would also assume that Rog gets most of the guys on the show because he always has a history with them and has more contacts, so to see some of them not getting a good interview because Crob is probably frustrating. Like you get someone you know to do your show and the main guy can’t do them any justice. Rog might as well make a one page checklist for Crob so he knows something about the guests. Asking Muska if he is still on Element took me to the point of not being able to defend the show anymore.
[close]

I honestly enjoy the nine club, its something to listen to at work to help pass the time but that question made me shake my head for sure

I don’t really listen unless they have a real hero of mine on, since it’s always sounded like an infomercial to me, but was *just* listening to them talking to Neen about his latest board... It’s funny I can’t decide if I hate or love Crob for his bored hack salesman schtick.  For me, it makes the merch segments way easier to take, but I can see how “hey i hate all the segments we do but we have to do them to get paid” would wear people out if they listened more than once a year.  I guess I like Crob, so even though I don’t like the show I’m happy he’s making some $$... kinda like crail and decks...  honestly I think I’d prefer a show w Kelly and Steez nerding out about tricks, but I don't even pay my bills, let alone theirs.

EastKremer

• Rep: -63
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2020, 06:25:51 AM »
All Kelly person and Crob do is talk shit about clothes and say well, well with a creepy voice.
Eldridge and Rogers are the only ones still making me watch the show