Author Topic: PC Pals  (Read 2463 times)

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
PC Pals
« on: September 21, 2019, 08:39:40 AM »
All the old PC threads I could find were shitty. Seems like a fair amount of PC gamers on here so here's a thread for us. Gonna be posting deals and news and stuff, and I got a good one for you today.

You can get all the Batman Arkham Collection games along withe all the Lego Batman Collection games free right now in the Epic store. Just login and they are all free. Usually each collection is $60 which would be $120 all together.

I'm not into superheros at all but the Arkham games are really good. I never played the 3rd one but the first two are really fun. Would highly suggest logging in and just redeeming to your account. Then if you decide you want to play later all you have to do is login and download the game.

cosmicgypsies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
Re: PC Pals
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 09:10:02 AM »
GTA SA free on the Rockstar Games launcher.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 09:41:33 AM »
Yeah only just threw my hat in the ring for a 3D animation rig that destroys any game I throw at it.

Epic game store is sick, I’ve got about 8 games for free off it in the lat few months, plus got control and wolfenstein free with my graphics card. Love it. First non Mac too.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 09:47:42 PM »
Just built this little beast, not fully complete so disregard the hanging RGB connector, I’m waiting on some front fans before I route that properly.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 AF, overclocked to 3.8 GHz
GPU: Evga GTX 1660 super
Mobo: MSI B450M Pro Vdh Max
Ram: 16 GB 3200 MHz
CPU cooler: deepcool gammaxx 400
PSU: currently a shitty thermaltake smart 500W
Case: fractal meshify mini c

I bought a new quality Seasonic 550w PSU gold cert to replace my nonmodular fire starter. This thing runs games like a champ, just bought the RE2 remake and I’m getting 144 FPS on 1080p 144hz monitor on high settings. The only thing I regret about this build is skimping out on the motherboard, I feel like it’s limiting my overclock.

JudoOrigami

• Rep: -90
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 12:30:22 AM »
My old motherboard fried out so I donated my monitor to my dad's studio and haven't got a decent system back together.

On a shitty dell laptop so only been playing emulators, stardew, and league of legends if I'm super bored.

Still using my razer mouse and roccat keyboard though which I'm very fond of and an old pair of AKG 240 headphones

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 09:38:21 PM »
I'm active on Steam if anyone plays Rocket League.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2020, 11:10:12 PM »
Just got a new case and an AIO last week. Never used an AIO before and I'm pretty happy.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2020, 11:58:40 AM »
That Nvidia RTX 3000 series official announcement... god damn unleashing the beast. RTX 3070 to outperform RTX 2080 TI at half of the cost, $499. 3060 should be a budget beast when they announce it later.

Junglist

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2020, 01:17:25 PM »
Stuck on Fallout 2 right now, 50 hours in the last month or two,

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 12:25:41 PM »
Anyone playing Diabotical? It's a free to play arena shooter and its pretty damn fun.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2020, 10:18:05 AM »
quasi workstation/gaming rig

dual xeon x5675s 3.46ghz turbo
supermicro x8dtl-if board
48gb ddr3 ecc
rx 470 4gb
2tb hdd 120gb ssd (need to upgrade ssd wise)
evga 750w gq
noctua coolers etc

prolly gonna shift to a ryzen based rig once 4xxx drops

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2020, 10:47:17 AM »
So I almost just burned down my apartment building while trying to get my PSU working. Also have to spend another $45 at some point to get my fans working properly. And I've literally shed blood.
First time building a PC is going great. Time to try this again with another power supply wish me luck.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2020, 02:12:15 AM »
So I almost just burned down my apartment building while trying to get my PSU working. Also have to spend another $45 at some point to get my fans working properly. And I've literally shed blood.
First time building a PC is going great. Time to try this again with another power supply wish me luck.

dawg i gotta ask how the fuck you managed to nearly burn your apartment down getting a power supply working? the only time i'd ever imagine a psu popping would be if it was overloaded, a screw fell in and shorted something or you flipped the voltage switch (which those havent been a thing for the last 10 years or so)

$45 to get fans working?? whats the spec of this build because this sounds odd

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2020, 10:12:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

dawg i gotta ask how the fuck you managed to nearly burn your apartment down getting a power supply working? the only time i'd ever imagine a psu popping would be if it was overloaded, a screw fell in and shorted something or you flipped the voltage switch (which those havent been a thing for the last 10 years or so)

$45 to get fans working?? whats the spec of this build because this sounds odd

I bought the cheapest PSU possible that had at least 4 stars on pcpartpicker. To put it short I don't know PC's it's too much to explain. My EVGA power supply is working great though.

And the fans are ARGB, I don't have an ARGB header on my mobo so I had to buy an external SATA powered controller. As well as a splitter for the fans.

The build is odd, kinda the definition of bad priorities honestly, I haven't even bought my dedicated GPU yet. I'm just using the Ryzen's integrated graphics for now.

Buying either a GTX 1650, 1050Ti, or RX 570

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2020, 03:49:26 AM »
yeah never skimp on a psu, made that mistake when i was younger. pcpp ratings dont really mean shit, a psu can have good reviews and still be garbage. much like skateboards while there may be a shit ton of brands theres a way smaller amount of companies actually doing the production. luckily evga tend to use pretty good oems for their production.

gpu wise im saying go for the 1650 or 570.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2020, 11:04:08 AM »
Anyone on borderlands 3? I'm soloing mayhem 10 at level 65.

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2020, 12:10:32 PM »
yeah never skimp on a psu, made that mistake when i was younger. pcpp ratings dont really mean shit, a psu can have good reviews and still be garbage. much like skateboards while there may be a shit ton of brands theres a way smaller amount of companies actually doing the production. luckily evga tend to use pretty good oems for their production.

gpu wise im saying go for the 1650 or 570.

Just went with a RX 460, since I play in 720p everything will be running perfectly. (at least judging from all the benchmarks i've looked at on YT. Plus I get to use the extra $30 or so for weed so its perfect.

TheSusi

• Rep: 0
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2020, 03:18:25 AM »
What´s your take on All-in-one PCs? I stumbled upon this article and it actually got me thinking on buying one: https://www.technikhiwi.de/all-in-one-pc-test/

The article is in German but you can use Google Translate or DeepL for translation.

Your comments are highly appreciated :-)

Cheers!

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2020, 12:13:22 PM »
Built a computer for work a couple of weeks ago. Used for live streaming, audio and video editing (Yes, I know my cable management is trash):

Specs:
-Chassis: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case
-Processor: Intel Core i7-10700K
-Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i RGB Pro  XT, 360mm Radiator
-Mother board: ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming Z490 (WiFi 6) LGA 1200 (Intel 10th Gen) ATX
-RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200
-GFX: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SC
-PSU: Corsair RM850x
-SSD: Samsung (MZ-V7E1T0BW) 970 EVO SSD 1TB - M.2 NVMe
-HDD: Western Digital 6TB WD Black
-Video capture: Magewell Pro capture Quad (4 HDMI)
-Backup power supply: CyberPower 1500VA/900W

To save real-estate on my desk, got a cheap/tiny mouse and keyboard combo. Using an APC mini as a control surface for Wirecast and a field recorder (Sounddevices MixPre-6) as an audio capture card. I have (2) Macbook pro's to host content and speakers (Zoom call) that I capture. From the machine I capture a call from, it outputs to an ATOMOS ninja for a backup, which then outputs to my encoder (PC).

Plus a pre-existing dummy switch and newly installed fiber to the house:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 12:41:12 PM by fakie nollie »

formula420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2020, 12:54:59 PM »
What´s your take on All-in-one PCs? I stumbled upon this article and it actually got me thinking on buying one: https://www.technikhiwi.de/all-in-one-pc-test/

The article is in German but you can use Google Translate or DeepL for translation.

Your comments are highly appreciated :-)

Cheers!

I would not recommend that, especially for gaming. Reddit.com/r/buildapc is great for looking at builds at lots of price points.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2020, 03:06:23 PM »
Built a computer for work a couple of weeks ago. Used for live streaming, audio and video editing (Yes, I know my cable management is trash):

Specs:
-Mother board: ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming Z490 (WiFi 6) LGA 1200 (Intel 10th Gen) ATX

To save real-estate on my desk, got a cheap/tiny mouse and keyboard combo. Using an APC mini as a control surface for Wirecast and a field recorder (Sounddevices MixPre-6) as an audio capture card. I have (2) Macbook pro's to host content and speakers (Zoom call) that I capture. From the machine I capture a call from, it outputs to an ATOMOS ninja for a backup, which then outputs to my encoder (PC).

pretty sick!

man if i was near you i'd help you with the cable management, not because i'm the god of cable management, i just love to do that. i can't take a pic rn but i tidied up my pc real nicely, but now i have a newisher gpu and had to switch the power cable out to the stock one, so it's not as clean as before.

probably gonna build a new system within the next 12 months i guess. i have some parts coming down from friends, like a 2070 super and maybe a newer i9 cpu.

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2020, 05:03:44 PM »
Expand Quote

Specs:

[close]

pretty sick!

man if i was near you i'd help you with the cable management, not because i'm the god of cable management, i just love to do that. i can't take a pic rn but i tidied up my pc real nicely, but now i have a newisher gpu and had to switch the power cable out to the stock one, so it's not as clean as before.

probably gonna build a new system within the next 12 months i guess. i have some parts coming down from friends, like a 2070 super and maybe a newer i9 cpu.

I thought about going with the i9 and I don’t know why I did it. I do know that when I upgrade, taking off my radiator connection is going to be a bitch.

I’m considering getting the 3080 as well... that shit is fucking huge though.

Will get to cleaning up my cables in the next week. Fuckin’ obligations keep getting in the way of the good stuff.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2020, 05:45:34 PM »
I thought about going with the i9 and I don’t know why I did it. I do know that when I upgrade, taking off my radiator connection is going to be a bitch.

I’m considering getting the 3080 as well... that shit is fucking huge though.

Will get to cleaning up my cables in the next week. Fuckin’ obligations keep getting in the way of the good stuff.

i'm sure you'll do well with this for a while though. i always want the cutting edge stuff, but often it's unreasonable to pay for it unless you make money with the machine in some way, like streaming. so i guess you could actually justify a purchase since you could use that gpu power for work. i would pretty much just play games and edit videos for fun, ha. and probably run the bigger monitor as my main.

on another note, i also got a phanteks enthoo case, but an older version. love the case, very workfriendly to build in. probably will just use mine for the next build if i happen to go with the same size psu. wasn't sure if i wanted to keep the format or go for a smaller formfactor.

this reminds me that i need to order a gpu power supply cable and a ssd bracket(i have one ssd actually ducttaped to the case insides so it doesn't just rattle around) and clean up my pcs innards.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2020, 02:36:33 PM »
My pictures suck ass.

i7 9700k
RX 5700 XT Sapphire Pulse
AZROCK z390 Pro4 Motherboard
Corsair 650w Gold PSU
16gig 3600mhz G Skill Ripsaw RAM
Corsair H100i AIO Cooler (I know air cooling is actually slightly better but I chose to switch to an AIO for a cleaner case look and for easier hardware access).
500gb WD SSD C Drive
500gb WD SSD game drive
3 front corsair intake
1 rear corsair exhaust
2 radiator fans also exhausting at top
Corsair 275r Air Flow (origianlly wanted the Meshify that is similar but I think the Corsair is better for taking apart).
Hyper X Alloys FPS Pro Origins Keyboard (Love TKL keyboards, cant do full size anymore).
24in Asus 144hz and my old 21.5 inch, 75hz Acer I just turned into a secondary portait monitor for the side, dope for browsing.
G 502 Lightspeed Mouse buy I have a G Pro Wireless in route to me from Amazon.

The thing about my build that is really fucking dumb though is that my motherboard both doesn't support XMP profiles, and does not support overclocking. Pretty fucking dumb considering I bought a 9700k and my ram is rated at about 1000hz higher than the board supports. The thing is when I first did a build 5 years ago it was a budget build and I didn't want to feel like my stuff was obsolete so fast so I didn't read too much at all about hardware. This year when I did a build though, it was straight up like on a lark, and I didn't get into learning more about hardware until after I finished the new one. I used PC Part Picker like I did last time. It usually tells you if something is going to be handicapped by your selected parts but I didn't see any flags for it when I finalized my parts list. It usually will tell you if your parts are going to make something run slower than a rated speed, or if something isn't going to function properly. Its cool though, when I get a new board soon the old one will go to my girls next PC.

I just built a PC over the weekend for my dad with my old parts. Ill post that up in a sec. It's pretty much my old build but I put in some better stuff too.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2020, 01:16:13 PM »
For anyone looking to build or upgrade lots of sales are starting now. Reddit.com/r/buildapcsales stays pretty up to date.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2020, 03:09:54 AM »
@fakie nollie hows the enthoo pro to build in? been looking at it recently and even though it's an older case now and the pro 2 exists, the enthoo pro seems perfect; good airflow, no bullshit designs and a nice pwm fan controller to go with it.

Jeffrey29

• Rep: 0
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2020, 11:17:15 AM »
Does any one want to game on pc steam to help me I have not online buds. Destiny 2 gets really hard alone.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2020, 11:58:52 AM »
@fakie nollie hows the enthoo pro to build in? been looking at it recently and even though it's an older case now and the pro 2 exists, the enthoo pro seems perfect; good airflow, no bullshit designs and a nice pwm fan controller to go with it.

I’ve got it. My first PC build and it was easy, good cable management and works well. Looks good too

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2020, 06:04:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ve got it. My first PC build and it was easy, good cable management and works well. Looks good too

Tons of space and looks good.

Complements4U

• Rep: 397
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2020, 01:19:53 AM »

Just waiting on the gpu block and a second rad.

Add me on steam plox
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 01:27:52 AM by Complements4U »