Author Topic: Cyril Jackson Of Baker  (Read 77504 times)

doublesteveburger

Re: Cyril Jackson Of Baker
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2019, 12:00:05 AM »
how the hell do you chip a tooth eating a chicken nugget

dude drink some milk god damn

mclovin1336

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2019, 12:57:57 AM »
maybe he had some kind of ultimatum if he didnt get enough footy until date x he'll get the boot? i dunno. never liked his skating, but cant say why to be honest, hes good, but he doesnt have "it".

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2019, 01:15:21 AM »

I chipped my tooth eating an oreo so there's that... :(

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2019, 01:51:57 AM »

maybe he took a chomp into one of those shake junt chicken wing wax's thinking it was a nug

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2019, 02:37:22 AM »

dude drink some milk god damn, Baby!

Fixed that for you

People count on you to keep this going. Don’t let us down

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2019, 02:45:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

A guy I used to work with snapped his tooth biting into a green bean. Shit happens I guess
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

JB77

« Reply #126 on: September 23, 2019, 02:46:26 AM »
Not going to happen, but it would be interesting if Kristian Svitak got him on Street Plant.  I like his style, but I get why others don't.  He's got a nice switch flip.

gaunt

• Rep: 104
« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2019, 03:00:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

A guy I used to work with snapped his tooth biting into a green bean. Shit happens I guess
chipped a tooth smoking a cigarette the other day. wild world we livin' in

Surf-goth

• Rep: -676
« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2019, 04:13:30 AM »
Expand Quote
This bums me out even though I can't really explain why. I like Cyril a lot so the thought of him going through any hard times gets me down.
[close]
I don’t sense any humor in this GAY post :/

He's not your clown dude
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

dirtywork81

• Rep: 16
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2019, 05:38:25 AM »
anyone got Moose's number we need to put CJ on Mystery with all the other industry rejects?

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2019, 05:38:44 AM »
maybe he had some kind of ultimatum if he didnt get enough footy until date x he'll get the boot? i dunno. never liked his skating, but cant say why to be honest, hes good, but he doesnt have "it".

I wonder how Boss pays his riders very well to put on them this type of pressure.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2019, 08:56:05 AM »
Expand Quote
This should be in the conspiracy thread. The boss doesn't like people his height or taller. Look at how many short people on the team. Who else is near his height, figgy, riley?

Dustin Dollin
Bryan Herman
Nuge
Spanky
Rowan Zorilla
Tristan Funkhouser
Elissa Steamer
Kader Sylla
[close]
So at Bakerboys there's a cutout of Reynolds for new guys to measure up to. Kind of a reverse 'You must be this tall to ride' thing. Makes sense

Donta got the boot and he was a little taller than the Boss

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2019, 09:13:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
chipped a tooth smoking a cigarette the other day. wild world we livin' in
Broke a tooth chewing gum. Shit felt disgusting. Also chipped one the old fashioned way. Over handlebars face on the ground.

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
« Reply #133 on: September 24, 2019, 04:27:11 PM »
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2019, 05:09:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I chipped a tooth eating popcorn when i was like 11

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2019, 05:19:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
I chipped a tooth eating popcorn when i was like 11

One time I was hanging out with some tweakers and one of them basically chipped her tooth on thin air.

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2019, 10:13:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This should be in the conspiracy thread. The boss doesn't like people his height or taller. Look at how many short people on the team. Who else is near his height, figgy, riley?

Dustin Dollin
Bryan Herman
Nuge
Spanky
Rowan Zorilla
Tristan Funkhouser
Elissa Steamer
Kader Sylla
[close]
So at Bakerboys there's a cutout of Reynolds for new guys to measure up to. Kind of a reverse 'You must be this tall to ride' thing. Makes sense
[close]

But Donta was quite literally the worst skateboarder to ever be sponsored by a legitimate brand. People on here are roasting Sean Pablo left and right for being shit, which is fair - but Donta is no way near Pablo's skill level. How can someone so tall have so little pop? Why isn't he using the leverage power of his 6 foot long legs?
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

boorgs

• Rep: -2
« Reply #137 on: September 24, 2019, 11:28:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Dustin Dollin
Bryan Herman
Nuge
Spanky
Rowan Zorilla
Tristan Funkhouser
Elissa Steamer
Kader Sylla
[close]
[close]

[close]

But Donta was quite literally the worst skateboarder to ever be sponsored by a legitimate brand. People on here are roasting Sean Pablo left and right for being shit, which is fair - but Donta is no way near Pablo's skill level. How can someone so tall have so little pop? Why isn't he using the leverage power of his 6 foot long legs?
You know Zach Allen is on baker right?

thomas kook

« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2019, 11:44:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Dustin Dollin
Bryan Herman
Nuge
Spanky
Rowan Zorilla
Tristan Funkhouser
Elissa Steamer
Kader Sylla
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

god dammit

NOT - DLX_Customer_Service

• Rep: -7
« Reply #139 on: September 25, 2019, 12:27:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Dustin Dollin
Bryan Herman
Nuge
Spanky
Rowan Zorilla
Tristan Funkhouser
Elissa Steamer
Kader Sylla
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
Boys, boys, you’re both right.  Zach AND Donta are both terrible to watch and unworthy of full Baker sponsorship.  Find some common ground here, please.

frontside tailgrind

• Rep: 2
« Reply #140 on: September 25, 2019, 12:28:26 AM »
Expand Quote

I chipped my tooth on cold Dominos

[close]

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #141 on: September 25, 2019, 04:34:53 AM »
Expand Quote
I wen to a 1031 demo in Martinsburd, West Virginia in like 2009 and Cyril Jackson absolutley killed it. That said I never really liked his skating, it never really seemed to translate in videos. Also at that same demo Dan Corrigan farted on me so I have a legit reason to dislike that guy besides his awful style and tricks.
[close]
If it makes you feel any better dan chipped his teeth extremely bad eating chicken nuggets on that trip. Also svitak hated the fuck out of him and kicked him off 1031 and landshark after that trip.

Just dropping by to also say fuck corrigan, grew up skating in the same scene as him. Can't stand him
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

redux

• Rep: -5
« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2019, 05:59:20 AM »

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #143 on: September 25, 2019, 06:09:09 AM »
Kind of bummed, I like him.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #144 on: September 25, 2019, 06:35:33 AM »
A few years ago I was visiting my hometown park and a few of the kids kept talking about some dude and how great he was. "Man Cereal is so tight!"  "I've got orange wheels like Cereal." Blah blah blah... And I'm like who TF is that. "He skates for Baker." ME:  "You mean Cyy-Ril?" .... Crickets..... Kody and John if you're reading this I'm sorry (not lol)

Cyril will always be Cereal to me.

It wasn't as bad as when I was in school and my friend would call Muska "MOOSKA". That would always piss me off. lol

fs overkrook

« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2019, 06:45:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I wen to a 1031 demo in Martinsburd, West Virginia in like 2009 and Cyril Jackson absolutley killed it. That said I never really liked his skating, it never really seemed to translate in videos. Also at that same demo Dan Corrigan farted on me so I have a legit reason to dislike that guy besides his awful style and tricks.
[close]
If it makes you feel any better dan chipped his teeth extremely bad eating chicken nuggets on that trip. Also svitak hated the fuck out of him and kicked him off 1031 and landshark after that trip.
[close]

Just dropping by to also say fuck corrigan, grew up skating in the same scene as him. Can't stand him
I have to ask, where are you from? He’s been run out of almost every area he tries to get in with (Baltimore, york, Hanover, Lehigh valley just to name a few)

Worst fucking dude ever. Moved across the country and went to my local park one day and he was randomly there, it sucked. Can’t escape the dude.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2019, 07:04:43 AM »
I think I’m more bummed at the fact that Baker seems like they’re catering to today’s skater market instead of telling the market what’s cool like back in 2005-2012. Cyril fit Baker, baker maker landings smoked mad weed and hucked.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #147 on: September 25, 2019, 07:22:27 AM »
I think I’m more bummed at the fact that Baker seems like they’re catering to today’s skater market instead of telling the market what’s cool like back in 2005-2012. Cyril fit Baker, baker maker landings smoked mad weed and hucked.
Agreed. I like some of the new guys but the family vibe is gone. TK, Dee, Cyril, Braydon, and that slender man boxer all gone without any acknowledgement. Those aren't the best guys by any means but they (except for slender man) all contributed to the Baker image and brand. As a kid, their appeal was that they seemed like a family a lot like your own skate crew, full of characters and weirdos. I'll hold out judgement til baker 4 but now, it just seems to be a group of good skaters, which is like almost every other company.

Uknowmyinsta

• Rep: -346
  • Your brain has no facts.
« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2019, 07:37:26 AM »
Are you even a fan of Bake Skateboards? Baca fuckin rips and is slept on, I’m new to slap but how can you call for the ousting of all these dudes

I understand that in 2019 making money off of boards is more difficult than it once was and necessary changes have to be made but damn you’re kind off a kook

I’m just bummed cj is of but looking forward to seeing what he does next. Still on DC I believe

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I liked Cyril but if Baker 4 is going to have any re-watch value as a whole video like 3 and 2g it’s necessary for some of the fat to get trimmed off the team.
[close]

that would be Baca, Nuge, Theotis, Dollin and probably Herman
[close]

Baca slept on, is hilarious.  More like slept it.

He's worked 12 minutes in the last 10 years.   

phillip dominguez

• Rep: 15
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2019, 07:52:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
I have to ask, where are you from? He’s been run out of almost every area he tries to get in with (Baltimore, york, Hanover, Lehigh valley just to name a few)

Worst fucking dude ever. Moved across the country and went to my local park one day and he was randomly there, it sucked. Can’t escape the dude.

I remember when he was in Baltimore, only skated with him a few times.  He seemed like a decent person, but I’d always hear these cringey/kookish tales about him mainly being that his head/ego was way too fucking big.  I never understood how at the time he was on Stereo, it was when they were coming back.  He was good at skating but I’d never see the guy being more than shop rep flow at most back then.