Author Topic: Cyril Jackson Of Baker  (Read 77727 times)

ndsr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Cyril Jackson Of Baker
« Reply #720 on: August 24, 2020, 06:13:49 PM »
Expand Quote

My friends we have a paradox here. All of professional skateboarding is marketing according to one poster, yet Zach Allen retains his spot on Emerica and Baker...while Cyril is thrown out to pasture at DC and Baker

I guarantee if we hold a poll, more skaters would rather see Cyril footage than Mr. Allen's. How is it that skateboarding is all marketing, yet Zach Allen is still a pro and Cyrill is grasping at company's to become pro again?
[close]

Dude you're really misinformed.

Zach Allen was booted off emerica and is not pro.
This forum isn’t about facts or knowledge apparently

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #721 on: August 24, 2020, 09:31:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

My friends we have a paradox here. All of professional skateboarding is marketing according to one poster, yet Zach Allen retains his spot on Emerica and Baker...while Cyril is thrown out to pasture at DC and Baker

I guarantee if we hold a poll, more skaters would rather see Cyril footage than Mr. Allen's. How is it that skateboarding is all marketing, yet Zach Allen is still a pro and Cyrill is grasping at company's to become pro again?
[close]

[close]

Maybe Zach is easier to deal with than Cyril? That can be a factor.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #722 on: August 24, 2020, 09:42:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Maybe Zach is easier to deal with than Cyril? That can be a factor.
He seems to be on because he's well-liked and homies with the crew. Sort of like a less annoying Shane Heyl.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #723 on: August 24, 2020, 11:21:41 PM »
was a fan til he started whining.  that kind of attitude probably played into why he got kicked. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #724 on: August 24, 2020, 11:40:31 PM »
If I was CJ and Shake Junt dropped me I would get the fucking blackest grip tape I could find. I like CJs skating but the grip obviously sucks and is a weird hill to blow your career on. They owe.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
« Reply #725 on: August 25, 2020, 01:29:58 AM »
I back his skating as a big fan of a styled back 180!

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 851
« Reply #726 on: August 25, 2020, 01:34:02 AM »
If I was CJ and Shake Junt dropped me I would get the fucking blackest grip tape I could find. I like CJs skating but the grip obviously sucks and is a weird hill to blow your career on. They owe.

For what it's worth, the closest thing shake junt does to normal grip (the all black with just the SJ logo diecut that you can leave in) might actually be the blackest grip I've ever used. It's a few shades darker than most of the classic offerings. It's actually decent grip if you can find the non obnoxious diecut, feels like a slightly grippier jessup and it cuts really nicely. Hot knife through butter and no tears.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #727 on: August 25, 2020, 06:50:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You’re right I am. I didn’t know he was kicked off Emerica. Also I forgot he’s not pro yet. But Baker will turn him pro in time.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #728 on: August 25, 2020, 07:28:12 AM »

Like a Spinal Tap album cover black

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #729 on: August 25, 2020, 07:28:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You’re right I am. I didn’t know he was kicked off Emerica. Also I forgot he’s not pro yet. But Baker will turn him pro in time.

Idk about that, I see him getting let go just like a lot of the other Baker ams that obviously didn't have pro potential

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #730 on: August 25, 2020, 07:49:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Idk about that, I see him getting let go just like a lot of the other Baker ams that obviously didn't have pro potential

Baker feels like they'll still give you a chance as long as your a good homie, and skates well with the crew

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #731 on: August 25, 2020, 08:40:24 AM »
I'm no fan of red grip but Idk why people act like thats why he got cut. SJ is part of the baker family, if they hated SJ grip why would they distribute it in the first place?