Author Topic: What are your favorite vulcanized shoes currently?  (Read 7825 times)

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: What are your favorite vulcanized shoes currently?
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2019, 12:26:05 PM »
Nike Blazer hi
Wino G6 slip-on
Cons CTAS Kenny Anderson (w/ lunarlon)
Adidas 3st.001
HUF Classic hi

Bristol_Palin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2019, 01:43:14 PM »
Half Cabs, GT Blazers, Adidas Superstar ADV Vulcs skate good if you can ever find them.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2019, 01:49:34 PM »
gt blazers are the answer.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3317
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2019, 03:51:55 PM »
Yuck vulcs

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2019, 10:56:04 PM »
Can't skate in vulcs but Wino slip-ons.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2019, 02:24:18 AM »
NB 617's are great. State Salems also.

Woos

• Rep: 7
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2019, 07:07:11 PM »
NB #255 are awesome.

I need to go try a pair on badly, I think I’d like them a lot if they fit me well. Plus the green and yellow colorway would be sick just for skating downtown GB after Packer games.

Do they have bands on the tongue? Doesn’t look like it but a lot of the time companies don’t even list it so I wanna be sure. If they don’t have them, have you had issues with the tongue sliding around?

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2019, 02:24:29 AM »
Supra Cubas. They skate great out of the box and are great to chill in. My big gripe with them is the collar blows out with heelflips like any shoe without a suede collar

Excellent to hear, the red /gold suede ones should be arriving today and I've been undecideds as to whether to skate them or use them just as chillers. Also copped a pair of DC Tonik's for cheap too, I liked the few pairs I had of them a few years back.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2019, 07:51:28 AM »
chima pro 2 were trash. I hated them. YMMV

Chima Pro 1's … Vastly superior to the Chima 2's

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2019, 09:01:43 AM »
Wearing the Tonik and Cuba for chill shoes / work for now and going to keep skating the supra Hammers I've been in for about 2 months now.
Unlike other Supra outsoles these haven't worn down significantly, the hybrid cupsole / vulc thing these shoes have going on is great. It's much much more of a protective sole than the standard Supra Vulc sole on their usual suspects.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Woos

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2019, 06:19:00 PM »
Wearing the Tonik and Cuba for chill shoes / work for now and going to keep skating the supra Hammers I've been in for about 2 months now.
Unlike other Supra outsoles these haven't worn down significantly, the hybrid cupsole / vulc thing these shoes have going on is great. It's much much more of a protective sole than the standard Supra Vulc sole on their usual suspects.

How do they compare to other vulc influenced cupsoles that Vans makes?  Things like the AVE Pro and shit.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2019, 08:30:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How do they compare to other vulc influenced cupsoles that Vans makes?  Things like the AVE Pro and shit.

Sorry I couldn't tell you, I haven't had a pair of Vans in years. I'm interested in trying a pair of their Wafflecups if anyone could recommend a pair.

wurfnnjs

• Rep: 0
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2019, 12:10:13 PM »
Hot tip: krazy glue an extra patch of suede to the wear spots. You can buy fake suede that's still durable at a fabric store.

Woos

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2019, 09:19:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Sorry I couldn't tell you, I haven't had a pair of Vans in years. I'm interested in trying a pair of their Wafflecups if anyone could recommend a pair.

I have two friends riding the AVEs and both love them. The only thing is one of them is sending themselves down stairs majority of the time and the other rides more bmx than he skates. Both logged them though and the wear is virtually non-existent but like I said neither flicks nearly as often as I do so I’m a bit skeptical myself.  The soles are for sure holding up well though and both said they have a lot of board/petal feel while having good impact protection.

Seems like AVEs are the way to go for waffle cup but I’d like to hear from someone who’s a bit more tech before I spend $100 on skate shoes ya know?  I can get 3 pairs of nice vulcs for that.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2019, 03:45:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I have two friends riding the AVEs and both love them. The only thing is one of them is sending themselves down stairs majority of the time and the other rides more bmx than he skates. Both logged them though and the wear is virtually non-existent but like I said neither flicks nearly as often as I do so I’m a bit skeptical myself.  The soles are for sure holding up well though and both said they have a lot of board/petal feel while having good impact protection.

Seems like AVEs are the way to go for waffle cup but I’d like to hear from someone who’s a bit more tech before I spend $100 on skate shoes ya know?  I can get 3 pairs of nice vulcs for that.

I was becoming more into the idea of trying a pair of the Ace's until I got to the Dollars. Ugh, no thanks.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2019, 04:36:48 PM »
nb 306 or 379. sturdy, solid, grippy, good feel, good flick.
feel like the old campus vulcs before they fucked them.

bonus points go to adidas 3mc.

also all cons switch to a molded pu insole next sumer so the shoes will get better imo,the ortholite/air combo is too thin.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2019, 01:04:10 PM »
Old guy opinion I like vulc shoes for kicking it around the house. When you huck yourself down shit those expensive shoes help out especially etc. skate insoles.
Dueces Bitch's

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2019, 05:34:54 PM »
Suede chima 1’s

RossDailey

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2019, 12:35:43 PM »

Woos

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2019, 10:26:53 PM »
Old guy opinion I like vulc shoes for kicking it around the house. When you huck yourself down shit those expensive shoes help out especially etc. skate insoles.

I get why people don’t like them because of that but I’m a skier. My feet are used to hurting.  8 hour 60’+ booter sessions in ski boots make stair-sets in vulcs feel like a foot massage lol.

Shuh

• Rep: 2
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2019, 09:20:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Suede chima 1’s
[close]

Excellent Choice

Really? care to elaborate why these are good?

RossDailey

« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2019, 12:23:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Suede chima 1’s
[close]

Excellent Choice
[close]

Really? care to elaborate why these are good?

It's a 'Zero Gimmick' Model:

Excellent board feel & unlike alot of vulc vans shoes, it has a padded tongue

Also, the overall super simple design of the shoe suits me.... I think i've had 15+ pairs & counting

Additionally, I put in the Vans HD insole (from an old pair of KWalks or Crocketts i had) & that helps w/ the comfort levels somewhat.

animalflesh

« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2019, 12:55:27 PM »
I really like Adidas 3MC for maximum boardfeel and skating right out of the box...

But between having a pretty fucked up right knee and hip I pretty much only skate them when I skate transition and curbs now.

But they feel SO good

Nike blazer hi/ low GT all the way aside from that

And classic vans sk8 hi or half cabs sometimes for nostalgias sake

Woos

« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2019, 05:22:28 PM »
I think I’m going to buy some Wino G6s or some Lopez Pros.  Leaning more towards the G6s because they seem to have a better insole and they also have tongue straps. Looks like everything I want in a shoe from aesthetics to tech. I’m just not too sure how well they hold up. I can find them for $30-45 though so it shouldn’t be hard to get my moneys worth.

Lopez’s don’t have tongue straps right?  I can’t see anywhere where it says they do so I assume that’s a no.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2019, 06:58:02 PM »
I think I’m going to buy some Wino G6s or some Lopez Pros.  Leaning more towards the G6s because they seem to have a better insole and they also have tongue straps. Looks like everything I want in a shoe from aesthetics to tech. I’m just not too sure how well they hold up. I can find them for $30-45 though so it shouldn’t be hard to get my moneys worth.

Lopez’s don’t have tongue straps right?  I can’t see anywhere where it says they do so I assume that’s a no.
just got the Lopez pro for $25 from that converse sale. Couldn’t beat it. No centering straps but the tongue is secured to the upper for the first 2 eyelets near the toe. Not going anywhere

Woos

« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2019, 09:04:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
just got the Lopez pro for $25 from that converse sale. Couldn’t beat it. No centering straps but the tongue is secured to the upper for the first 2 eyelets near the toe. Not going anywhere

Yo wait what sale? I saw them on sale for $55 buy one get one half of on Zumiez but that was the cheapest I found them. I was just going to buy two pairs right away for $82.50 but if I can get one pair for $25 I’ll definitely get them.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2019, 06:28:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Yo wait what sale? I saw them on sale for $55 buy one get one half of on Zumiez but that was the cheapest I found them. I was just going to buy two pairs right away for $82.50 but if I can get one pair for $25 I’ll definitely get them.
straight from converse.com last week it ended.  Was posted in the same thread!

brwrxstl

• Rep: -71
    • Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2019, 05:04:14 PM »
lakai riley 2's

I literally have 7 pairs on standby. The vegan all black canvas joints. The ollie area needs a shoego patch pretty quick and I'd prefer an all black synthetic suede but the shoe itself is incredible and they look amazing.

Woos

« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2019, 05:25:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Oh I can’t believe I overlooked that. Not a big deal though I just got a sick deal on some Reynolds Low Vulcs. $26 including tax and my friends a manager at Zumiez so he made the shipping free.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2019, 05:53:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Oh I can’t believe I overlooked that. Not a big deal though I just got a sick deal on some Reynolds Low Vulcs. $26 including tax and my friends a manager at Zumiez so he made the shipping free.
solid! Yeah I got that same pair from zumiez online too! Grabbed Dylan slips too (yellow, gonna try to dye em or something) to hit free ship so like $24 and change each. I’m set for a bit.