Author Topic: What are your favorite vulcanized shoes currently?  (Read 7856 times)

Sila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
Re: What are your favorite vulcanized shoes currently?
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2022, 08:40:25 AM »

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2022, 08:45:16 AM »
Emerica KSL G6

I always thought all the G6 soles were cupsoles that they made to seem like a vulc?

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2022, 09:14:59 AM »
Top 3 of mine (in order)

Vans Skate sk8 low
Cons Louis Lopez
Vans skate Old skool

A lot of people think the new vans skate are too tight and snug but once they break and they feel good and still keep their structure and shape even once skated/ broken in compared to most vulcanized it shoes that feel good on day one and then every other day after that they just get soggy and soggier until eventually they’re just floppy pieces of shit.

That's encouraging to hear. I skated a pair of the Old Skool Pros a couple summers ago and by the time I wore in the massive amount of rubber on the toe to where my flick was consistent, they had completely sogged out. The mushiness turned into an ankle-rolling hazard so I retired them early.

I want to try the Skate Sk8 Low.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2022, 10:57:12 AM »
Top 3 of mine (in order)

Vans Skate sk8 low
Cons Louis Lopez
Vans skate Old skool

A lot of people think the new vans skate are too tight and snug but once they break and they feel good and still keep their structure and shape even once skated/ broken in compared to most vulcanized it shoes that feel good on day one and then every other day after that they just get soggy and soggier until eventually they’re just floppy pieces of shit.

Do the slip ons eventually loosen up? I hear they are so tight they are unwearable almost. But damn I want some ha

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 999
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2022, 11:25:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Emerica KSL G6
[close]

I always thought all the G6 soles were cupsoles that they made to seem like a vulc?

Shit, you're right, I swear I thought they were a vulc (and bought them with that in mind). no wonder my knees don't hurt.

Fucking comfy ass Vulc feeling cupsole that's for damn sure.

Wizard0f0dds

• Rep: 72
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2022, 11:32:04 AM »
1. nike sb blazer mid
2. half cab 92s
3. cons louie lopez

Pretty much the same as this for me, but I haven't tried the Louie Lopez, CONS always seem to fit weird for me (at least the CTAS and Purcell Pros). I'd put Vans Rowans in third.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2022, 11:50:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Top 3 of mine (in order)

Vans Skate sk8 low
Cons Louis Lopez
Vans skate Old skool

[close]

Do the slip ons eventually loosen up? I hear they are so tight they are unwearable almost. But damn I want some ha

Slip one stock going up after that t funk

mamba

• Rep: 144
  • Sucka free
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2022, 02:30:40 PM »
last resort AB VM001, low or high top. high tops are nice but i prefer the style of the low top

Slugboi22

• Rep: 69
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2022, 03:09:24 PM »
I have a big list and could go on forever but my top 3 are:
1. Half Cabs
2. Rowans
3. Blazer Mids

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2022, 04:18:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Top 3 of mine (in order)

Vans Skate sk8 low
Cons Louis Lopez
Vans skate Old skool

[close]

[close]

I prefer slip ons but haven’t got vans  slips since vans changed them to the skate.  so emerica has been my go to  for slips. But pop Cush feels good

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2022, 05:16:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Top 3 of mine (in order)

Vans Skate sk8 low
Cons Louis Lopez
Vans skate Old skool

[close]

[close]

[close]

I prefer slip ons but haven’t got vans  slips since vans changed them to the skate.  so emerica has been my go to  for slips. But pop Cush feels good

Fuck I’m saying that he made those checkerboards look real nice.
It’s been a minute since I skated slip ons, I used to go half size down.
Currently skating some of Shane’s shoe, mono colorway. I needed a shoe that I could order that would fit (Nikes always fit me correctly), and that I thought would last for awhile. So far both are true. It’s kind of a vibeless situation tho. No complaints skating wise, can be worn loose and still stays on, really durable, good grip, sometimes too good.

Fave vulcs all time:

Julien’s authentic
CK1 shoe
Canvas slip on
Carroll vans

LRAB or chucks next, need to try those on tho, not trying to order with either of their sizing

LebowskisRug

« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2022, 07:25:00 PM »
What is the cupsole equivalent of the half cab?

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2022, 08:13:18 PM »
What is the cupsole equivalent of the half cab?

Aj-1 mid

bombsaway86

• Rep: 162
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2022, 10:07:56 PM »
Half cab skate

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2022, 12:02:42 AM »
Half cab skate

Definitely backing the half cab skate! Have only briefly skated in one pair that I have but I love them! And I'm not big on vulcs anymore, so that's saying something about the Skate line
Super Champion Fun Zone

typeischeap

• Rep: 106
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2022, 04:57:11 AM »
These days:

1. Rowans
2. Half Cabs
3. Rowans

If I want to skate something just a bit slimmer/thinner then NB#306s.
Unapologetic shoes and gear nerd deep into my 3rd era of skateboarding every day.

Wizard0f0dds

• Rep: 72
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2022, 09:51:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Top 3 of mine (in order)

Vans Skate sk8 low
Cons Louis Lopez
Vans skate Old skool

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

LRAB or chucks next, need to try those on tho, not trying to order with either of their sizing

Yeah, the sizing on both is really weird. I've had both chucks ans purcells pro, I'm usually a 9, and got 8.5 for both of them but they fit weird, length is good but width is too tight for my feet so I ended up hating both pairs. Tried LRAB and 9s felt just a little long, which once broken in would be way too loose and 8.5s felt way too tight. Also, the insoles felt really cheap. I'm not looking to pay that much for a pair of shoes and swap the insoles in them (especially since they are glued in). Love the look of the shoe, and the idea that it's "skater owned" and "not corporate" but the fit (and price) made me go back to Nike and Vans

LebowskisRug

« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2022, 09:56:21 AM »
Same logic here. A well designed product shouldn't require immediate changes.

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2022, 10:11:56 AM »

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2022, 11:18:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I agree.
I didn’t think the product needed/required immediate changes tho. My only issue was the sizing, I needed to get a half size down. I used thick socks and it was decent, and during those like 5 ish sessions I felt like everything about the shoe was real nice. I haven’t gotten to try the .5 size down on, but I assume it’ll be a go.
Now obviously a lot of people want some more cushioning, and a lot of folks are having trouble with the sizing. Feet are weird. I was extremely impressed for an initial offering (the ones I got were a gift from a friend, right when they were first available). I ended up passing mine to another guy who skated them for a really long time, he was stoked on the shoe.
All to say, in my experience, the shoe is fine as is.
The pricing…the pricing feels accurate and fair. 

Frontside Slappy

• Rep: 91
  • Somewhere in a parking garage
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2022, 11:57:57 AM »
Nike SB GTs
Vans Skate Sids whenever I can find them
Cons One Star Lows and Mids

Ordered a pair of VM001 lows to see how good they are, we'll see if they make the list!
"That was a clean one." -Werner Herzog

bombsaway86

• Rep: 162
« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2022, 12:27:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Half cab skate
[close]

Definitely backing the half cab skate! Have only briefly skated in one pair that I have but I love them! And I'm not big on vulcs anymore, so that's saying something about the Skate line

Same, I’m usually a cup sole guy but my last 3 pairs of shoes have been half cabs now

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2022, 12:33:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Half cab skate
[close]

[close]

Same, I’m usually a cup sole guy but my last 3 pairs of shoes have been half cabs now

Just picked up my second pair of half cabs in a row and I’ve been loving them.  Definitely awkwardly stiff for the first couple sessions before upper loosens up.  Biggest downside is the wafflegrip seems to flatten out relatively quickly under the ball of my foot and big toe from popping and got pretty thin.  I haven’t skated a pair of Vans in over a decade but that was always an issue.  It a shame because the rest of the shoe is insanely durable.  I’ll probably keep skating half cabs for a while.   These two pairs have been completely TTS which was the only downside of Last Resorts for me - I’m definitely solidly between two sizes of those and can’t win with the way they fit. 

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2022, 06:09:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Emerica KSL G6
[close]

[close]

Shit, you're right, I swear I thought they were a vulc (and bought them with that in mind). no wonder my knees don't hurt.

Fucking comfy ass Vulc feeling cupsole that's for damn sure.
Sexy talk like this is going to make this my next shoe!